Rate this topic

Rinapp Italian restaurant in soi 13/1 it's my choice, just on the right side of La Bamba

really?  I never see anyone in there, could be due to the time of night.

regarding Italian, many BMs like the recently opened Spaghetti Bistrot behind avenue mall.  open late, owner also owns The House.

At the suggestion of 2 dodgy BM's   :ph34r:   I walked to Tigglebitties which isn't more than a 15 minute walk

from where I live.  Never been there before.  Had a 3 egg omelette and fried potato's with onions.  Not quite

home fries like back home and the potato's seemed a day old.  Dry.  The omelette was great. Will return

again for another soon. 

IMG_4913.JPG

Also took home a Rueben sandwich which isn't like home either.  Eating it later.  not enough sauerkraut

and I think the cheese is just cheese sauce.  Meat might be OK.

IMG_4914.JPG

IMG_4915.jpg

Edit: When I got to the place, a live NHL game, Boston Bruins/NY Rangers was on though about 1/2 way

thru the 3rd period.  Then the Tampa Lightening/ San Jose Sharks game started

Edited by Tony Soprano

Almost forgot about this thread.  I can do a few more.

Retox

99b for the 'Baht Buster' breakfast is a tremendous amount of food for the money. Eggs, potato, toast, fried toast, ham, sausage, black pudding, beans, orange juice, and coffee or tea. Aircon and dozens of flat screen TV's showing every sport event. The only Thai's here will be service staff and bargirls brought to eat with their customers. Two locations in central Pattaya. Soi Lengke and Soi Honey. There are cheaper breakfasts around, but none this big. They are fast with consistent quality. The aircon and sporting events really add value also.   They always show UFC events here with an enthusiastic crowd.

It's not really my style of food, it's a little too... English for me haha.  But it certainly fills me up and it's cheap!

A map to the Soi Lengke location:

map.jpg

The famous baht buster:

bahtbuster.jpg

Pizza Pizza

Located inside Pattaya Avenue just opposite Soi 13/1. Every year they run a promotion for several months offering a whole margarita pizza for 79b.  I forgot to write down how much the water was, but I think it was 30b for a total of 109b.  Pizza is decent, there is some cheese on it.  Aircon is strong so, it's nice to cool down.  

At the end of 13/1 cross 2nd road and it is right near where the VW bus drink cart sets up.

map.jpg

Plenty to fill me up:

pizza.jpg

Pizza Pizza

Located inside Pattaya Avenue just opposite Soi 13/1. Every year they run a promotion for several months offering a whole margarita pizza for 79b.  I forgot to write down how much the water was, but I think it was 30b for a total of 109b.  Pizza is decent, there is some cheese on it.  Aircon is strong so, it's nice to cool down.  

At the end of 13/1 cross 2nd road and it is right near where the VW bus drink cart sets up.

attachicon.gifmap.jpg

Plenty to fill me up:

attachicon.gifpizza.jpg

not exactly a glowing recommendation, but thanks.

I've NEVER seen anyone in there.

MK - agree with everyone else - quality duck. Red pork is good too. And the sesame prawn toast.

Tikka Centre - on Soi Buakhow, directly opposite the end of Soi Honey. Best Indian I've had in Pattaya, not that I've tried loads. Next door to Fantasy Lounge.

Chuan Chim cafe - Jomtien Soi 5. Good if you're visiting the immigration centre or you just really want a good English-style Chinese. Copious portions and tasty. Best English Chinese I've had in Thailand. Reasonable prices. Huge menu of farang food.

Cherry's Restaurant - corner of Third Road and Chalermprakhiat Soi 18, opposite the open space where they have concerts. I've only been for the buffet but it's a good buffet - Wednesdays and Saturdays, 450B. Tasty ribs.

Jolly Friar - Soi Lengkee. Good fish and chips.

Robin's Nest - Soi Diana - good Sunday roast buffet, about 330B. Stuffing is a bit crap but everything else is nice IMO. 

Sportsman Pub - Soi 13 off Beach Road - very good Sunday roast buffet, 425B. Everything was very nice on the one occasion I went.

Some good updates here thanks all. B)

Am out of touch with all things Pattaya so this thread will come in handy.

Am especially interested in "proper thai" places to eat if you see what I mean  :blink:

throwing in some updates and also agreeing with many of you.

bronx pizza just moved from Diana to Tipp Plaza, Beach Road end, was there this week, the owner John is still getting settled in.

MK - agreed.

Retox on Soi Honey, was there yesterday watching sports.  I've taken many BMs there that get the same dish, sportsman/hunter chicken, large portion.  GG server Dany is cute and young.  and they take bets since it's mafia/gang owned.

I like lee's diner on Diana, 24 hours.  took BMs there for pizza and pad Thai, they liked it.

I never used to like kiss, other than for entertainment value, but recently tried the ribs - not bad, and the pad Thai is decent.

foodland at royal garden - 24 hours, large place, good food, service and price, but not huge portions.

all American diner - buakhao/MIT, great sandwiches, huge portions, owner David, good guy.

but here's the new place at royal garden to put on your list.  hawker chan recently opened - Michelin star.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x31029611c24e7c6d:0x7a4b12136e2a4a5!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname%3D111957801369020062986%26id%3D6482266896351601874%26target%3DPHOTO!5sGoogle+Search&imagekey=!1e3!2s-TGr0asSnQoU/WfWjZdBPpNI/AAAAAAAAB8o/SucAfxJHBoo5I8SiTEEDhJJ8Nkg-SHn6wCLIBGAYYCw

regards,

6-pack

edit - sandwich place is great American diner, not all American diner.

edit - bronx is giving coupons for a free slice until the end of November (I assume it's after you buy a slice or two).

update - went to "hawker chan" today.

average at best, as was the service.

michelin rating?  

I'm going into the restaurant business.

You are having a laugh hammers ..........kiss restaurant food is great ?????.............The only great thing about the establishments  that I can think of are they are open 24 hours and are handy for a late night snack ( if pissed) or a piss.  I put them on par with English motorway service stations and little chef just convenient.

Admittedly often busy, but the main clientele base is farang. Very seldom see a Thai eating alone, or a group of Thai people and they are the ones who would know and judge a place about its food n quality.

Frequented by unadventurous visitors who drag the bored Thai girlfriend along under the illusion  of a romantic table for 2. In my infancy days of pattaya I have used, and soon learnt a traditional Thai dish ordered at kiss is altered to suit a western pallet. Trust me a Mrs noodles food stall is far more tasty and superior.  Even a simple western style meal at its best is mediocre, but you get what you pay for in life. Each to his own.

rgds soidog

Kiss is crap tourist food.  For better thai food in a comparable setting, walk down the street to Mathilda.  On 2nd Road, corner of soi 9, before the Night Bazaar.    

Edited by bubba45x

Kiss is crap tourist food.  For better thai food in a comparable setting, walk down the street to Mathilda.  On 2nd Road, corner of soi 9, before the Night Bazaar.    

Aint mathilda shut now?

Queens arms on soi buakhow near the junction of soi lengke & soi Diana heading towards pattaya tai (south) road. Place was recomended to me by a few ex pats a while back and have now tried 6 or 7 times the big breakfast is consistently good. So thought it was time share.

2 sausages pork

3 bacon rashers loin

1 circle of black pudding

Portion of saute potatoes (generous)

Portion of baked beans

Eggs = fried or scrambled

Half grilled tomatoe

Half slice of fried bread

2 toast with butter 1 marmalade / 1 strawberry jam in individual portion container

Mug of tea or coffee

Orange juice

Cost 140b..........thai grub n smaller portion breakfasts are avaliable.

This is part of the ever expanding retox group. Place has at least 8 televisions showing sport. Two cute waitresses who are on the ball and very efficient. This place is open plan and look out on to the soi, a bit more up market than the 99b breakfast at retox soi lengkee not so crowded and less punters wearing wife beaters.

Could not eat this cholesterol overload each day. But a once a week treat I look forward to. Sets you up and is probably the best meal of the day. Especially if going on the lash that evening lines the stomach.

Rgds soidog.

That sounds great value. A little more than the 99b breakfasts around town but well worth it. Is this one the sports bar near the intersection? (TVs playing sports) ... I swear that one of the serving girls made a play at me last visit - She brought me coffee, laid her hand on my arm and says 'Anything else you need let me know' I don't know why but my super-lame reply was asking her her favourite colour.....D'oh! :handplant: I need to work on my banter!!

Queens arms on soi buakhow near the junction of soi lengke & soi Diana heading towards pattaya tai (south) road. Place was recomended to me by a few ex pats a while back and have now tried 6 or 7 times the big breakfast is consistently good. So thought it was time share.

2 sausages pork

3 bacon rashers loin

Portion of baked beans

Half grilled tomatoe

2 toast with butter 1 marmalade / 1 strawberry jam in individual portion container

Mug of tea or coffee

Orange juice

This is part of the ever expanding retox group. Place has at least 8 televisions showing sport. Two cute waitresses who are on the ball and very efficient. This place is open plan and look out on to the soi, a bit more up market than the 99b breakfast at retox soi lengkee not so crowded and less punters wearing wife beaters.

Could not eat this cholesterol overload each day. But a once a week treat I look forward to. Sets you up and is probably the best meal of the day. Especially if going on the lash that evening lines the stomach.

Rgds soidog.

good data, thanks.  will check it out, maybe today (bathroom advisory in effect, 555).

2 sausages pork

3 bacon rashers loin

Portion of baked beans

Half grilled tomatoe

Mug of tea or coffee

Orange juice

Rgds soidog.

that's a lot of food for the price.... I might try this place next time I'm in town but I doubt I could finish it... Lol

2 sausages pork

3 bacon rashers loin

Portion of baked beans

Half grilled tomatoe

Mug of tea or coffee

Orange juice

Rgds soidog.

went there today and will not go again.

terrible service, took forever, even for a beer.

wait 20 minutes for a meatball sandwich which was mediocre at best.

no thanks.

Must've been something up, maybe not a normal order for them but there should be no excuse for bad food.

New likes the Thai food there as it's the same chef that was in the Coins. I had the small breakfast at 110 baht which I thought was very good.

I also tried the small roast beef Sunday lunch which was massive and very good value at 199 baht, excellent quality, service was good both times.

We'll go there again for sure.

On 10/5/2018 at 1:53 PM, Larry77 said:

There will be good choices too in the new "Terminal 21" which will open this month. I loved the food corner in Bangkok's "Terminal 21".

Terminal 21 BKK is the best mall food court I've ever eaten at. I've seen it ranked on best mall food courts in the world. And you can get two entrees plus drink for less than 100 baht. There's a reason it's *always* packed. Hopefully the Pattaya one will live up to this. 

5 hours ago, stallion79 said:

Terminal 21 BKK is the best mall food court I've ever eaten at. I've seen it ranked on best mall food courts in the world. And you can get two entrees plus drink for less than 100 baht. There's a reason it's *always* packed. Hopefully the Pattaya one will live up to this. 

Yeah, loads of choices and about as cheap as any place can be. Having one in Pattaya should be good.