Sign in to follow this  
liverpool

Breathing Difficulties.

Rate this topic

All makes sense to me ....no chooks no problem ...simples .

Not a lot of chickens in Pattaya but lots of  cocks and they can often cause a gagging reaction .

Indeed.

Though, I must ask;

Have you, My Friend, been a recipient of "Histoplasmosis",

Lately?

F*ckety?

:)

Edited by Thaiman12

I'm glad it worked out for you liverpool and you feel better now in Pattaya. FWIW I don't even like to eat chicken (unless oven roasted with skin on). :)

Indeed.

Though, I must ask;

Have you, My Friend, been a recipient of "Histoplasmosis",

Lately?

F*ckety?

:)

Nope ....but I grew up on a farm and really fucking hate the stink of chicken sheds !!

Histoplasmosis is a type of lung infection. It is caused by inhaling Histoplasma capsulatum fungal spores. These spores are found in soil and in the droppings of bats and birds. This fungus mainly grows in the central, southeastern, and mid-Atlantic states.

I'm glad it worked out for you liverpool and you feel better now in Pattaya. FWIW I don't even like to eat chicken (unless oven roasted with skin on). :)

I never used to eat the damn things Jimmy, but now i do so with the greatest pleasure... Revenge is sweet!

And Dannyboy, no not bird flu. much more than that, totally unable to walk more than a couple of metres or breathe at all, no other symptoms whatsoever.

Allergies to chickens are fairly common.

Also includes chicken dander - the bits that fall off them onto the ground!

Similar thing with cats etc.

You have already discovered the cure which is to stay very far away from chickens

If you have to go near them, wear a mask and try taking anti histamines before you get near the area.

Hi RCD, i seem to be answering just your posts today here and in thai vloggers! it actually did get quite serious with the in-out in-out scenario, one time the doctor said something about if i'd delayed getting to emergency for another 2 hours i would have died as i was unable to get any oxygen into my body. Ho-hum, okay it seems to be all over now, i won't be going back to the jungle. What actually angered me more was the C.O.P.D diagnosis, as i said,you look at that on the net and you may as well just pop the paracetomol

i can only guess now that as Setanta mentioned. chicken allergies are common, and mine was a bad allergy. I just posted the report in case it may help any others in the future.

you might have a allergy to chickens or it might just be the shit.  lots of dried shit can wreak hell on your lungs.  one site i have to work at in mexico is down wind of  a cattle feed out lot. lots of shit not a very clean place. even though it is more then a mile away when the wind is blowing in the wrong direction some guys have actually fallen out. like you off to the emergency room. they cant work at that site again. not there fault just for their health. shitty doesnt bother me. i had to stay and put up with that rank smell and taste in my mouth. glad i have not been to that job site in years

how do you go eating chicken? any adverse reactions?

No DannyBoy, no problems at all.

trocks... you could be on the right track... all the attacks happened outside the rainy season i.e the land not being 'washed'.

Such allergies often develop after a while. It happens frequently to people working with animals. First they are fine but after several months they start to get sick. Your reaction to live chickens may subside after a period without exposure but for sure you never want to live near a chickenfarm again.

i can say without any doubt Hellah, i will never-ever go anywhere near the damn things, thankfully they are few and far between in pattaya! the only ones i see nowadays are sort of semi-cremated on roadside food stalls.

Sounds like this to me.....Anaphylaxis is a serious allergicreaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death. It typically causes more than one of the following: an itchy rash, throat or tongue swelling, shortness of breath, vomiting, lightheadedness, and low blood pressure. These symptoms typically come on over minutes to hours.

Be very careful if you develop Anaphylactic shock it can kill in minutes.

I was a Paramedic and have seen it as a result of a bee sting.

Edited by starman555

copd is from smoking or industiral inhalation problems

if its chicken related it's something else

you may need to remove yourself from the environ for a while and self diagnose

if you need med advice in thailand get it from bumrundgrad and still they are not the detective type...nor is any in the west

best of luck

copd is from smoking or industiral inhalation problems

if its chicken related it's something else

you may need to remove yourself from the environ for a while and self diagnose

if you need med advice in thailand get it from bumrundgrad and still they are not the detective type...nor is any in the west

best of luck

thanks, HB  sure, i know about copd. In the first post  i was trying to warn people who may get similar problems to what i had, that in thailand it seems that most chest problems, bronchitus etc etc are simply booked by doctors as 'copd' Lung cancer may be an exception.

have long removed myself from chicken town... no problems now for 2 years or so