soidog

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:expect the unexpected

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:08 AM

POPULAR

Posted just for information......i have no affiliation or allegiance to either place.

Some of you may remember wok n roc when it was a bar come chinky eatery on soi buakhow. After its closure it emerged as a kiosk cookery place on LK metro.

It then disappeared for a while only to rise again on soi chaiapryuk 2 jomtien. Has now moved again to near Rompho road bar complex jomtien.

The corner house bar (next to the open torture house or gymnasium) has it's comprehensive menu for purusal and ordering if wanted,eat in or take away. Most main courses were approx 220b.

Insider ex pats tip......phone wok n rok direct 092 969 4119 they do hotel / home / bar delivers. As if you order from corner house a dearer price will be charged. They also deliver to pattaya area Monday to Saturday only.

Also noticed at corner house bar last night apart from LB Patty who is back from her excursion to Phuket. They have a low season special on for Sunday roasts. Beef, pork, chicken, for 200b. Lamb is 250b this includes all the usual trimmings. Not tried my self but have heard mixed reports about the lunches.

Rgds soidog.
  • stickyfingers, ausmagoo, LordJim and 1 other like this

#2 liverpool

liverpool

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Life President of T.K.M.A.A.S

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:53 AM

have just been told, but as yet unconfirmed Soidog, that they have opened [Wok n Roc] as a takeaway or delivery only- opposite the apple bar on chayapreuk. i'll check it out and confirm or otherwise later.

• jolski likes this

#3 liverpool

liverpool

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

it seems that the place on Soi Chayapreuk... opposite the Apple Bar, is up and running as a food preparation and take-away or delivery only.

It all seems very low key, definitely not eat-in.

They don't even have a menu available to peruse there [which may change] 

the menu is available on facebook.

From what i have seen and been told, the gated shutters are often closed down... if so just rattle them a bit, the lady will come out.

i do have a recommendation from someone i know who states that the food is incredibly good and  comes in very large portions. indeed he has shown me photo's.

i would think it is all a bit hit and miss at the moment and would suggest anyone interested perhaps uses the phone number supplied in the OP rather then travel all the way to Soi Chayapreuk.

Evidently the Thai lady there speaks very good English but with a strong Glasgow accent..... got to be worth going just to hear that!

Edited by liverpool, 29 July 2017 - 09:30 AM.

• soidog likes this

#4 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,382 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

Posted just for information......i have no affiliation or allegiance to either place.

Some of you may remember wok n roc when it was a bar come chinky eatery on soi buakhow. After its closure it emerged as a kiosk cookery place on LK metro.

It then disappeared for a while only to rise again on soi chaiapryuk 2 jomtien. Has now moved again to near Rompho road bar complex jomtien.

The corner house bar (next to the open torture house or gymnasium) has it's comprehensive menu for purusal and ordering if wanted,eat in or take away. Most main courses were approx 220b.

Insider ex pats tip......phone wok n rok direct 092 969 4119 they do hotel / home / bar delivers. As if you order from corner house a dearer price will be charged. They also deliver to pattaya area Monday to Saturday only.

Also noticed at corner house bar last night apart from LB Patty who is back from her excursion to Phuket. They have a low season special on for Sunday roasts. Beef, pork, chicken, for 200b. Lamb is 250b this includes all the usual trimmings. Not tried my self but have heard mixed reports about the lunches.

Rgds soidog.

Really?

Well done, 

then.

:)

Christ On A Bike.

#5 soidog

soidog

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:11 AM

Got round to trying this place last night. Was not disappointed with the quality n portions of food. No sign saying wok n rok but the sign to look for is Margaret Bar as they have taken over the premises of this failed buissiness. 131/167 soi chaiyapruk 1. Jomtien.

It is just one building up from Frankfurt bar which has 're opened, but did not see any staff on bar stalls mind you was early 18.30 hrs.

The Thai lady boss is called Rattana who is the cook. As she speaks with a distinct Scottish twang I could of done with Petesie with me to translate what she was saying . Was even able to prepare me a dish that was not listed on menu. Understands very well. Only waited 20 mins till food was ready, which was enough time for a beer at Apple bar nearly opposite.

A comprehensive menu that has 115 items to choose from, plus they do specials but they change regularly so best to ask. Apart from aromatic duck n pancakes no dish was over 175b. A delivery to most areas add 45b. Seems a thing called facebook is the chosen method of advertising for this business , but as a non prescriber it will stay and remain a mystery to me. 1

Best recommendation I can give is I will use again. Rgds soidog.

PS........ as to post #4 by the forums resident idiot, go boil your head. You very seldom offer any thing helpful,useful, constructive, or even mildly amusing to this board with your incomprehensible written ramblings. So do many of us a favour and fuck off. Do not try to spoil a perfectly harmless topic for your own gratification.

Edited for double wording.

Edited by soidog, 06 August 2017 - 04:14 AM.

#6 liverpool

liverpool

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

ok Soidog  thanks. 

re frankfurt, still seems to be open somedays and not others, however i'll keep checking.

#7 jolski

jolski

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for the info, will give it try as it is very nearby.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#8 liverpool

liverpool

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:05 AM

let us know what you think  Jolski/

#9 liverpool

liverpool

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:55 AM

there is also Barny's cafe, run by a very pleasant thai lady who speaks perfect English having lived in Wales for Donkey's years.

If you come down chayapreuk towards beach Rd. About 50 yards from Beach Rd on the right is a pharmacy. Almost opposite Honey House 3 hotel. Barny's is 2 doors away from that pharmacy down the small soi..

menu is sort of Bog standard English stuff, but cooked very well. English brekky etc.. [130 baht inc. drinks] not a big menu, she likes to keep things nice and simple.

She does do a very nice Chicken Casserole... comes out almost like a Sunday dinner but without Yorks Pud includes mash...veggy's etc. 160 baht.... This comes highly recommended by me.

also does a nice indian with jasmine rice [160 baht]

Spag bol good too, complete with salad and garlic bread.... [160 baht]

the only problem you may get there is 2 absolutely stupid old english dickheads sometimes sit and have a beer while talking to each other in stupid thailish.... 'me go toilet...... okay me get beer' if anyone can handle them without wanting to smash a chair over their heads, you are better men than me..

Edited by liverpool, 07 August 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#10 soidog

soidog

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

Just found out this afternoon 16/08/ the wok n roc is closed for buisiness till further notice. Hate any one to have a wasted journey or get no reply if calling for an order.

Seems two issues

1 shortage of delivery drivers, heard they all went down with a flu epidemic at the same time(odd).

2 premises problem looking to relocate again. This would be new location number 5. Owners seem like bloody pikeys (gypsys) always on the move.

Such a shame as good grub. As I stated in post 1 no connection to this place, just want to share a good eatery. Will 're post when I or my informants have news of 're opening.

Rgds soidog.

#11 Thatllbeme

Thatllbeme

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Pattaya has a number of delivery services available, one being door 2 door, so I doubt that there's a shortage of drivers is true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 Devman

Devman

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

There are threads on many Pattaya boards about this place.

As far as I can gather, it is run by a Scottish (? Glaswegian) guy and his Thai wife, who is the cook.

It sounds very much like the wife's cooking skills are far more refined than her staff management skills!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users