#1 soidog

soidog

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:expecting the unexpected

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:08 AM

A while back a chum of mine had his girl friends request for a tourist visa to the UK refused. She was denied because on the interview her answers did not always corospond to the answers on the application form. Hence causing doubt in the officials mind about the relationship she was in.

They send a letter explaining reasons for no visa and pointing out where the inaccuracies / misunderstandings conflicted with each other.

Her boyfriend is a rather thai street wise ex pat of over 12 years experience here. He is not one to take no for an answer. After rejection you have 28 days to appeal. This he did at an additional cost of £80. Submitted a letter highlighting the misunderstandings from application form to interview.

We all said waste of money the case will not be overturned. Oh we were so wrong. Yesterday lady got her visa, now she happy to much as go for an all expenses paid Holliday to England.

This he all done himself, did not use any visa agency's for original application or appeal. Who will charge astronomical prices to do so on your behalf. It is basicly just common sense, and send the required proof they require and that the relationship is genuine. But make sure the girlfriend is well briefed and can remember dates, events, such as .....where did you meet, how long together. Also you have to submit your financial details that you (farang) are financially solvent to take care of her in England . Along with the fact that your Thai partner has good reason to return to Thailand.

So the moral of the story is do not take no for an answer if refused. Good luck to any one who decides to try and get visa for girlfriend.

Rgds soidog.
  • LazyJay likes this

#2 annat

annat

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:cricket, Thailand and cinema

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:41 AM

I find it strange about appeal, my girl was refused because the silly women who we paid said she was a gardener not a farmer and thought it was clever to say she earnt 7000bht a month. So rejected as no money going into bank

Now Iam  going to to do it myself, some useful sites on the web with advice.

I was told there is no such thing as an appeal

You can reapply and it will be considered on its merits - if you correct the mistake and can deliver the correct paper work and proof.then you should get it

I gather the two big things are proof of a serious relationship and reasons why she has to return as they worried she will clear off and earn money as a hooker in UK

I have yet to reapply as she cannot come until summer next year when work on farm is done

#3 mardhi

mardhi

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

A while back a chum of mine had his girl friends request for a tourist visa to the UK refused. She was denied because on the interview her answers did not always corospond to the answers on the application form. Hence causing doubt in the officials mind about the relationship she was in.

They send a letter explaining reasons for no visa and pointing out where the inaccuracies / misunderstandings conflicted with each other.

Her boyfriend is a rather thai street wise ex pat of over 12 years experience here. He is not one to take no for an answer. After rejection you have 28 days to appeal. This he did at an additional cost of £80. Submitted a letter highlighting the misunderstandings from application form to interview.

We all said waste of money the case will not be overturned. Oh we were so wrong. Yesterday lady got her visa, now she happy to much as go for an all expenses paid Holliday to England.

This he all done himself, did not use any visa agency's for original application or appeal. Who will charge astronomical prices to do so on your behalf. It is basicly just common sense, and send the required proof they require and that the relationship is genuine. But make sure the girlfriend is well briefed and can remember dates, events, such as .....where did you meet, how long together. Also you have to submit your financial details that you (farang) are financially solvent to take care of her in England . Along with the fact that your Thai partner has good reason to return to Thailand.

So the moral of the story is do not take no for an answer if refused. Good luck to any one who decides to try and get visa for girlfriend.

Rgds soidog.

There is no right of appeal on a UK tourist visa.  Been there, done it myself.   You have to submit a whole new application (and pay for it) again.  

• LordJim likes this

#4 Terry Tibbs

Terry Tibbs

Takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts
  • Interests:No prizes for guessing!

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

Rgds soidog.

Good post...

This is what I have been saying all along about visa agents. It's a complete and utter SCAM it's absolutely dog shit.

All this crap about there being a quota of successful applications per month is bullshit.

The agents that offer no visa no fee will only take on those that will get the visa anyway.

YOU still have to collate all of the evidence because you're the only one who can.

If I can do it anyone can.

#5 Poirot

Poirot

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:29 PM

When my gf applied, she knew it all from her friends, didnt listen to me and .... got rejected.
when i read the motivation of the refusal decision, i told her they were damn right to reject her application.
She had made such a mess out of it claiming to be a company director, sic whilst she doesnt have a nail to scratch her butt...

i had to take the drastic measure and reapplied with the help of siamlegal to untangle the mess she has put herself in.
i also insisted to review the draft of the application, made a few minor corrections and she got her tourist visa on the secon application.

so yes, it can be meaningful to engage with a lawfirm as it allows the headache to be removed.
Next time she has to pay it herself, meaning there probably wont be a next time.
  • Scottiem1954 likes this

#6 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

When my gf applied, she knew it all from her friends, didnt listen to me and .... got rejected.
when i read the motivation of the refusal decision, i told her they were damn right to reject her application.
She had made such a mess out of it claiming to be a company director, sic whilst she doesnt have a nail to scratch her butt...
i had to take the drastic measure and reapplied with the help of siamlegal to untangle the mess she has put herself in.
i also insisted to review the draft of the application, made a few minor corrections and she got her tourist visa on the secon application.
so yes, it can be meaningful to engage with a lawfirm as it allows the headache to be removed.
Next time she has to pay it herself, meaning there probably wont be a next time.

How much did they charge?

#7 Kendo UK

Kendo UK

-

• 10,632 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

I had to go through the process twice and pay out twice, did it all direct and no agency.

In hindsight the first application was a bit shoddy, and in their view lacked evidence of the relationship and that she had reasons to come back, 2nd time round spammed them with a years worth of couply pics, more references, my finances and her BA transcript.

#8 lbshagger

lbshagger

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:LB arse and cock, what else is there in life.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

First time I applied for my Mrs and son they got knocked back due to lack of paper work. I just took the additional paper work to the embassy and no extra money was required.

Second time was for settlement visas for the pair of them, got knocked back at the inteview due to a wrong answer she gave, that was sorted over the telephone as I was at work at the time, visas were issued with no extra charge involved. Both those times were when the embassy was still handling things themselves.

The third time was through the outsourced embassy office. Complete farce, tourist visas again, and they asked for copies of emails and telephone bills to prove we knew each other and communicated, the passports with the 2 previous visas, sons birth certificate with me as named farther, house papers and bills with my name and hers on them proving we both actually lived together were not enough. Add to that I was not allowed in to prove I was in Thailand with them just made it seem a money spinning scam for that office. They told my Mrs that she could apply and pay still but if the application was rejected she would have to re-apply and pay the full fee again. We didn't bother and cancelled the trip to the UK. 

It all went down hill when they outsourced the visa application process.

• LordJim likes this

#9 stokiemark

stokiemark

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

The moral off getting a visa is be accurate with your paperwork and don't try be clever by giving them bullshit they will see straight through it my girlfriend been England twice and today just received a 6 month tourist visa again she arrives July 4 I can't wait 😁 good luck for anyone trying get 1
  • Terry Tibbs likes this

#10 hubert_cumberdale

hubert_cumberdale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • Interests:ladyboys

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

POPULAR

If you want your girlfriend/wife into the UK the best thing to do is tell her to convert to Islam put a burka on and she shouldn't have a problem getting in, they let enough of the smelly fuckers in anyway.
  • Malcolm Buggeridge, lbshagger, soidog and 5 others like this

#11 Lunaris

Lunaris

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

If you want your girlfriend/wife into the UK the best thing to do is tell her to convert to Islam put a burka on and she shouldn't have a problem getting in, they let enough of the smelly fuckers in anyway.

I tought this was the only way to apply for a visa to Germany B) , but here you not even need a passport ;-). You just have to walk in and say:" Hi, I' am Mohammed " and you granted for a lifetime pension and a Home...

#12 LadyboysRock

LadyboysRock

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

I tought this was the only way to apply for a visa to Germany B) , but here you not even need a passport ;-). You just have to walk in and say:" Hi, I' am Mohammed " and you granted for a lifetime pension and a Home...

I thought jihadist work too.

#13 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,213 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

I just looked at what it took to get GF into the US on a travel visa and decided it was to much work-:)

#14 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,353 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

Timely that this topic just got bumped as my GF just called from Bkk and YES we have a visa to the UK 

This is our third successful application to UK , but we were rejected twice before the first success 

We did the forms ourselves and both time we essentially made small errors , which the Visa Processing Company VTS used to reject the applications . 

First time was that She has declared her monthly salary , whilst her employers supporting letter declared an hourly amount . They said they didn't concur ..Reject 

Second Time was that I had declared that she was working for my Thai Company on 30,000b / month ...yet her bank showed no payments (as she gets the  money in cash from our tenants ) 

..Reject 

That time we immediately reapplied , addressing the particular issue by explaining that the payments were i cash , paid another application fee 105$ and within two weeks it was granted 

Since then all three applications have gone smoothly and we have never used an agent ...thus saving 10/20,000B per time

Your agent can only apply on the basis of what you provide them , they can guide you on what not to say but its basically common sense and by time you have collated the stuff you need , the rest is easy ...its an online form ...took me an hour last time 

Basically ,don't lie , don't exaggerate ,  get your ducks in a line , provide paperwork to support any assumption , we included about 100 w/wide photos of us both over 4 years and I also write a Sponsors Letter , undertaking to reimburse the UK Government if she absconds etc 

Some notes 

Do not tick the box on the Application for the VIP Lounge .

There is no charge indicated so I did tick the box , still no charge came up so closed the form 

When we got there they told me at reception we had to pay 3500B for the VIP Lounge 

I said we didn't want that service at that cost 

They said fine , then we would have to go away that day and make another appointment for another day ...now 2 pm on a Friday 

To my GFs horror I went fucking ballistic ..and .demanded to see the manager 

GF was almost my ex GF by this time and was trying to pull me towards the elevatotr to leave 

The Manager came and   stood his ground at first  but then  said I could do a walk in appointment" immediately for 1800B (Thats a good service by the way , whilst the VIP Lounge is a rip off 3500 for a nicer waiting room and free Nescafe !

I reluctantly agreed and paid 1800B as they had me by the balls , but took every fuckers name and photographed their name tags 

GF not at all happy , but went into the room to apply 

I sat in a corner fuming and surfing the VTS Websites on their Customer Use Computer

Then the manager (nice Indian guy ) came over and said he has reconsidered my situation , apologised and refunded the 1800B and asked me if I would like some tea brought over !!!

They are just Cunts 

I checked up on VTS ...it is a huge money spinner set up by a clever Indian Travel Cleark in Bombay in the 90s and sold to Kuoni for millions . 

Huge cash cow 

Edited by LordJim, 21 July 2017 - 09:16 AM.

• Terry Tibbs and kathoeyfan like this

#15 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,213 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

What if GF has no income, job, house/condo in LOS, car or anything else to to come back to except maybe family? And that would be being honest.

#16 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,353 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

What if GF has no income, job, house/condo in LOS, car or anything else to to come back to except maybe family? And that would be being honest.

Good point Tony 

My GF is an only child and loves and supports her single mother a government employee , so I noted that , otherwise we were grasping at straws and so had yo just convince them that we were in a bona fide relationship and that I myself only wanted to visit the UK briefly 

So I think the way to do it is to convince them that you are in a real relationship 

Some ideas 

Photos of you together at different venues and times

Screenshots from Facebook 

Statements from my Thai Neighbours (A Doctor ) 

Statement from any Professional Thai who may know you both and attest that you are in their opinion a bona fide couple 

Evidence of travel together within Asean Region 

Statements from your own countrymen/ c/w their passport copy attesting that they believe that you are in a relationship (Dentist Landlord etc ) 

Statement from the Mamasan Barowner that you have bar fined her for a month only and promised to bring her back (Joking !!!!!)

Etc 

The first visit seems to be a work up , but it gets easier as you have proven that you complied the previous trips 

I wonder if they almost have a policy of rejecting the first application , out of hand.  But the  time you make a second application , the first refusal becomes part of your circle of proof .

Good Luck if you are considering it 

Edited by LordJim, 21 July 2017 - 09:34 AM.

• Terry Tibbs likes this

#17 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,213 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

Thanks, My Lord.  I don't plan on visiting the US until at least next summer anyway. So plenty of

time.  I'm very friendly with the Thai girl that makes out my lease and I pay the rent, electric and h20 bill with.

She does other things for me she isn't really supposed to. No BJ's-:)  I'm thinking she might be willing to

make out a "fake" lease for me with both our names on it.  Could help. Got her a passport and can take her

to Japan or somewhere.  Maybe 2 vacations. 

FWIW,  for the US you deal with the US Embassy only, no out-sourcers.  Well, at least she isn't Muslum-:)

#18 LordJim

LordJim

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,353 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:42 PM

Good luck Tony , it should be easier going direct to the Embassy as they can take a view and make a judgment call rather than how VTS just look for box ticks .

Be careful with the lease idea if your GF is likely to stumble in her replies when questioned . Most Thai people really cant do white lies very well under scrutiny , one may think thats a good thing but its not that they won't lie on principle its that they have a inherent fear of authority and cave in quickly under questioning .

#19 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,213 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

Good luck Tony , it should be easier going direct to the Embassy as they can take a view and make a judgment call rather than how VTS just look for box ticks .

Be careful with the lease idea if your GF is likely to stumble in her replies when questioned . Most Thai people really cant do white lies very well under scrutiny , one may think thats a good thing but its not that they won't lie on principle its that they have a inherent fear of authority and cave in quickly under questioning .

You'll have to meet her someday. Communication isn't 1 of her strong points as BM's that have met her can tell you :blink:

#20 starman555

starman555

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

You'll have to meet her someday. Communication isn't 1 of her strong points as BM's that have met her can tell you :blink:

She is one of the nicest GG's I have met communication difficult but her smile works wonders. ..I bumped into her briefly when leaving 69 bar 2 days ago....haven't seen her for about 2 years but she rushed over to say hello. ..I hadn't even seen her...genuinely made my day. ..Soprano. ..I hate you😉😀😀
  • Tony Soprano likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users