• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#101 trans69

trans69

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

Nokia is back,finally. Bought the Nokia 8. No more Windows but Android now, 550€ in Europe

#102 Slacker

Slacker

Absolute Cad

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts
  • Interests:Muckspreading, Rub and Tug shops

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Underwhelming is an appropriate term Petesie. I went into the local Apple emporium with a friend who was enquiring about the problems he was having with his current iPhone. I went walkabout to scout for this new wondrous contraption and, at first, had trouble locating it until I remembered that it had lost the Home button. Unassuming could be another word and who dreamed-up the carbuncle on the back housing the camera ? Only saving grace is an OLED screen...

...made by Samsung !

#103 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

I'd buy at the duty free at the airport depending on the price, £999 for an X in the UK. Then sell it on.

Attached Images

• face hugger.jpg

Edited by fenton, 03 December 2017 - 09:43 PM.

• silentmoebius78 likes this

#104 snick

snick

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

LOL, thats the background wallpaper on my iPhone X

• petesie and fenton like this

#105 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

The x is an awesome piece of kit.
You get used to having no home button within a day or two, and the swipe gestures combined with Face ID are actually a lot better than the finger print sensor.
The screen is obviously better than previous iPhones as it’s bezelless, but don’t notice much difference in terms of resolution between a good quality lcd screen and the oled screen.
The phone feels premium when your handling it, the camera must be the best out there that’s on a smartphone .
Animojis are obviously a novelty, but a really fun novelty.
So to sum up, it’s a great phone, needs to be put in a case immediately upon getting it due to the fragility of the all glass design, feels really premium, and in my opinion probably worth the 999 asking price.
  • gradys and singter1 like this

#106 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

the camera must be the best out there that’s on a smartphone

Samsung Note, 2x12 MP cameras with OIS.

You can get a dual sim one and still cheaper than the 10X 

#107 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 14,052 posts
  • Interests:Same as the rest of ye!

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Samsung Note, 2x12 MP cameras with OIS. You can get a dual sim one and still cheaper than the 10X 

Us Applites don't really care... really  B)

#108 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

The mega pixels don’t really matter as soon as you get passed 10, remember the Nokia that had 100???
The 60 FPS it shoots in video form, the aperture etc, I’d say it’s better than the Samsung.
Not saying that the Samsung ain’t a good phone, Android is pants in my opinion , and Samsung devices are more complex to use rather than the tried and tested iOS.
I’m just in the apple cycle, it’s an expensive habit , but a fucking good one.

Edited by IRONicMAN, 14 December 2017 - 05:03 PM.

• petesie likes this

#109 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

If any of you are with 02 (U.K.) I “recycled “ my iPhone 8 Plus.
I wanted 700 but 02 offered 630. Couldn’t be bothered with time wasters on gumtree, so took the 02 option, excellent service, just posted the phone yesterday and the money was in my account this evening.
They do provide pre paid postage, but I took out recorded delivery with insurance, for peace of mind.
Just to let you know that the service is excellent, and would definitely recommend it.

#110 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

Us Applites don't really care... really  B)

Well the screen in the X is manufactured by Samsung, It wouldn't surprise if other components within the phone are as well.

As for me, been a HTC fan for years, but do like the older smaller Iphone (SE size), because I'm ambidextrous :-). 

#111 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:49 PM

As far as I’m aware , the rest of it is developed and made by Apple, bearing in mind Samsung also buy components from other companies to make their phones.
From 2018 Apple are rumoured to be using LG for their oled screens, as not to give Samsung a monopoly on screens for the iPhone, giving Apple a bargaining chip for screen prices.
Maybe it’s just me, but I physically cannot see a difference between the old apple lcd screen and their new oled one.

#112 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:40 AM

Fenton, there’s rumours that Apple will be bringing out a new se phone next year.
https://www.google.c...w-iphone-se.amp
https://www.google.c...-half-2018/amp/

#113 colywob

colywob

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys, shemales and chicks with dicks.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

Re making a post with my iPhone.
When I write message and add emojis it all appears on screen.
Then when I post on thread message appears but not emojis.
Why is this, have I done something wrong?
Never have problems with laptop.
Thanks in anticipation.

#114 silentmoebius78

silentmoebius78

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

I'd buy at the duty free at the airport depending on the price, £999 for an X in the UK. Then sell it on.

If you buy it at the duty free at the airport, you have to declare it at customs, who will slap the Taxes and customs fee on top... It wont be cheaper, might even more expencive..

Apple costs everywhere the same..

#115 asian ronster

asian ronster

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

Only one manufacturer won best phone 2017.the most underrated players in the game so much so they make more selling the Carl Weiss lenses to other manufacturers than they do from selling their phones. All this chortle I read about Android bring difficult and different to operate from ois. Of course it's bloody different, but it's a phone, they're not difficult .The next range of the Xperia's are being tipped for more awards given their strong front and rear camera technology.

#116 sjsharks

sjsharks

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

If you buy it at the duty free at the airport, you have to declare it at customs, who will slap the Taxes and customs fee on top... It wont be cheaper, might even more expencive..

Apple costs everywhere the same..

You just take it out of the box it then becomes used. No need to declare it. Never declared anything I have ever bought at duty free except alcohol.

#117 silentmoebius78

silentmoebius78

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

You just take it out of the box it then becomes used. No need to declare it. Never declared anything I have ever bought at duty free except alcohol.

Yes, that might be, but if you do so, throw away the packing.. If customs pick you, to check your belongings, they will surely ask, where you bought that new phone.. In rare caces you even have to present proof, you did not buy it on your last holidays.. That might be not as strict in Thailand, bc they honestly don't give a f**k where you bought your gadgets, but surely have issues, if you don't declare liquer and tabacco.. But I would not try that stunt in Europe, Australia or other western Countries.. They don't only slap tax and customs on, but also a fine..

#118 sjsharks

sjsharks

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

Yes, that might be, but if you do so, throw away the packing.. If customs pick you, to check your belongings, they will surely ask, where you bought that new phone.. In rare caces you even have to present proof, you did not buy it on your last holidays.. That might be not as strict in Thailand, bc they honestly don't give a f**k where you bought your gadgets, but surely have issues, if you don't declare liquer and tabacco.. But I would not try that stunt in Europe, Australia or other western Countries.. They don't only slap tax and customs on, but also a fine..

Not sure I agree. I am from Australia and lived in the US for 3 years. Never had an issue doing. If it is something that is new in terms of release date then I might throw away the packaging but if I buy something that is not a new model I keep the box etc. 

Sorry but I think that is just a bit of fear mongering myself. Sure there is a chance of getting into trouble but if you use your common sense it is highly unlikely. They are more concerned with alcohol, tobacco and also restricted or prohibited items like some food items etc.

#119 sjsharks

sjsharks

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

Not sure I agree. I am from Australia and lived in the US for 3 years. Never had an issue doing. If it is something that is new in terms of release date then I might throw away the packaging but if I buy something that is not a new model I keep the box etc. 

Sorry but I think that is just a bit of fear mongering myself. Sure there is a chance of getting into trouble but if you use your common sense it is highly unlikely. They are more concerned with alcohol, tobacco and also restricted or prohibited items like some food items etc.

Very hard to prove that something like an electrical item is brand new. Of course if you roll up with a suit case full of the latest Phones and get caught thats another story as it would hard to explain your way out of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users