Sign in to follow this  
duke007

Best Middle Eastern Airline?

Rate this topic

as a yank, have you ever flown in an ME Airline?

And this is relevant exactly why? 

When I fly, I don't fly "as a yank" - I fly as a passenger, I'm not a flipping Canadian or such who needs to stitch a maple leaf on all my possessions.  No offense to the Canadians, but that's a weird obsession of theirs.

Presumably you're from an Anglo country - which means that fellow countrymen of yours have fought and died in the ME in the recent past, perhaps even currently.  This is why I prefer not to fund state sponsored terrorism, even if indirectly, money is a fungible asset.

so you will fly with a yankee airline, how safe is that.? the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the world. As for Canadians with there Maple leaf, who can blame them? I put a North Korea flag on my luggage cos its safer than stars and stripes

To be precise, I fly with a Southern airline, not a Yank airline. The distinction might be lost on you.

The US a sponsor of terrorism? Interestingly, you didn't grow up speaking German or Japanese.... I wonder why?

To be precise, I fly with a Southern airline, not a Yank airline. The distinction might be lost on you.

The US a sponsor of terrorism? Interestingly, you didn't grow up speaking German or Japanese.... I wonder why?

I think we might give the Russians a little bit of credit in that respect also.

I think we might give the Russians a little bit of credit in that respect also.

Indeed, although they were never that close to any Anglo country AFAIK, still a serious threat.

Too bad it is not lost on you. Maybe it will take another 100 years or so.

The ME airlines should be good with their government subsidies.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2015/03/airline-subsidies-gulf

Too bad it is not lost on you. Maybe it will take another 100 years or so.

The ME airlines should be good with their government subsidies.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2015/03/airline-subsidies-gulf

Do as you like, be a Jew flying with Luft Hansa in the late 30s in Germany. Your call.

Do as you like, be a Jew flying with Luft Hansa in the late 30s in Germany. Your call.

I don't fly the ME airlines. I was trying to point out they have an unfair advantage from government subsidies.

Edited by Len Dtuut

the one with the best price

they all have new equipment basically and if you fly business then they all have great services

i've flown emirates and gulf air a lot and they both have treated me well the majority of the time

emirates is slipping though as to how nice it was and the customer service you could expect 5 years ago.

the one thing i would say is that connections in the middle east that are not through dubai have been sketchy for me in the past as far as being delayed.

i'd consider that before you connect through kuwait or jordan etc...

Getting back on topic I've only ever flown emirates recently and apart from one bad trip out of many I find their service very good

I used to swear by Emirates especially having all of the 4 legs of the journey (from MAN-DXB-BKK and back) on their A380's, their IFE system is the best imho , but Qatar now have A380's too from DOH-BKK

Having flown with all three of these airlines myself I totally agree with this Swedish guy's views of them on his Vlog's, and his eventual Winner and his reasons why they won   B)

Edited by duke007

I'll catch the videos later, but agree with Singletony - Emirates have been pretty good to me. 3 flights a day from Gatwick, short layovers in Dubai and the A380 which gives me a better seat. I have only flown Business once and although nice I would not waste my own money. Hard to argue with basic price of £313 for my flight his year.

Because valiant men fought on whilst the US dragged its heels with isolationism, then the industrial powerhouse swung into effect. Wartime debts to other countries were wiped out but the US bled Britain dry for every penny. Both world wars lasted far longer for other nations so back in your box.

The US sponsors regime change and terrorism all the time. Look at Central and South America, the Middle East (by its actions there it caused the formation of Al Queda and that went well didn't it.).  Indochina didn't go that well either! Just because something is done by a governments as opposed to an individual doesn't mean its not terrorism.

Back on track- as for ME airlines Qatar and Air Oman have good reps with guys I know who fly regularly.back to Europe. Although all the ME airlines fly direct to Phuket now i think i would fly up to Bangkok first and take a 380 as the smaller aircraft just aren't on a par with it. I have at most 2 trips back and will go Business Class.

I think I got a 380 into Manchester from Dubai as well last time I went back but it got in by the skin of its teeth.  and the wind sheer on landing was 'interesting'

Edited by Ivor

Because valiant men fought on whilst the US dragged its heels with isolationism, then the industrial powerhouse swung into effect. Wartime debts to other countries were wiped out but the US bled Britain dry for every penny. Both world wars lasted far longer for other nations so back in your box.

The US sponsors regime change and terrorism all the time. Look at Central and South America, the Middle East (by its actions there it caused the formation of Al Queda and that went well didn't it.). Indochina didn't go that well either! Just because something is done by a governments as opposed to an individual doesn't mean its not terrorism.

Back on track- as for ME airlines Qatar and Air Oman have good reps with guys I know who fly regularly.back to Europe. Although all the ME airlines fly direct to Phuket now i think i would fly up to Bangkok first and take a 380 as the smaller aircraft just aren't on a par with it. I have at most 2 trips back and will go Business Class.

I think I got a 380 into Manchester from Dubai as well last time I went back but it got in by the skin of its teeth. and the wind sheer on landing was 'interesting'

Don't forget your Che Guevara shirt. I hear some idiots even put his face on a stamp.

Duke 007

thanks for posting

I enjoyed the four videos

I have flown twice with Qatar and think they were the best

I like Tony only fly Emirates but agree that Dubai is a huge unfriendly maze which if time is tight can be a real worry I finished having to run to get from one terminal to another and at my weight and age is not what i want. If you fly 777 from Birmingham you get parked well away from the terminals and have a nasty 20 mins bus trip

Dohar is a great airport not the case with its predecessor.

Never flown Ethihad but heard it is not that good but cheap.