#121 Scottiem1954

Scottiem1954

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts
  • Interests:Guess?

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

I don’t think Thailand have a health and safety executive 555.

certainly not... so we better keep an eye.
I had a case in Shangai of a taxi driver seriously falling asleep while driving me in those fast ring roads. He was even openly slapping his face to stay awake... trust me, scared to death
He was about to miss an exit and simply stood still on the central lane of the main road.

#122 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:43 PM

My PT driver mentioned to me on the way to the airport a couple of weeks ago there are radar equipped camera setups on the way to the airport. If you drive by speeding they record your speed and get a picture of your vehicle and license plate. I suppose the drivers mostly know where they are located if not portable. My driver said he once got a ticket for 500 baht from such a setup.

#123 andycoys

andycoys

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

Just returned to Pattaya, and a big thumbs up for Nam’s Taxi service who picked me up again at Bangkok even though It was an early morning arrival was greeted by door 3 And safely back at home. Highly recommend Alan.

#124 whynot

whynot

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:01 PM

Just a tip guys.

When ordering your cab, be sure to emphasize that you want the driver to have filed up with gas before he picks you up, and that you do NOT want to be stopping en route while he buys gas.   Can waste 20 - 30 minutes

when they do that to me I make a point of no tipping and explaining why but they don't give a fuck last month my driver took an extra hour to get there as he was trying to find a cheap fuel stop at 11pm :Moody Driver: 

#125 stoolpusher

stoolpusher

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

anyone know the average cost for a pick from The Dom or do they only work out of Swampy ?

#126 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

anyone know the average cost for a pick from The Dom or do they only work out of Swampy ?

The PT Taxi web site shows 1400 each way. I've had better luck with Email than using their online form.

http://www.pttaxiservice.com/

• stoolpusher likes this

#127 whackAmole

whackAmole

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:49 AM

traffic stops are something - refuel stops are something else.
It is a mere 100/120 km drive so I am not expecting a driver to need a rest because of heavy traffic. Unless he has been on duty for more than 8 hrs non stop. But then he shouldn’t be driving.

Which is why I prefer boutique drivers. Kimmy still gets my vote for safe hassle free pick ups. She never has more than 2 customers a day. So I'm ensured she has enough sleep and rest. Pattaya to Bkk can be dreadful at times so we may stop at Amazon Coffee but that's about it. She is not a regular taxi or grab driver so it's a safe bet.
  • swany likes this

#128 flassitor

flassitor

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:26 AM

What is "The DOM"?

#129 carbonara69

carbonara69

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:42 AM

What is "The DOM"?

Don Muang airport

#130 Botafogo

Botafogo

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts
  • Interests:Latin American Dancing, Travelling,Touring German FKK Clubs, Hanging around various European Racecourses while Drinking Beer.

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:56 AM

Don Muang airport

Yes, probably....first time I’ve seen that initialism for Bangkok’s second airport.
About as pointless as describing Baby Boom as The Boom however, Dynasty Inn Grande as The DIG does have some credibility 🤔.

#131 stoolpusher

stoolpusher

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:24 PM

The PT Taxi web site shows 1400 each way. I've had better luck with Email than using their online form.

http://www.pttaxiservice.com/

Thanks mate , I will give them a go next trip from The Dom  B)

#132 patnya

patnya

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:17 PM

i used janie taxi services again my recent trip.

picked up from uatapo airport, no problem, on time and safe driver.

used her services again from patts to soi 4nana bangkok, driver was safe and on time with nice clean new car,

problem was that when we got to bangkok he made 4 wrong turns and spent nearly an extra hour getting me to my hotel, even when i tried to direct

him in thai and english , eventually he listened and got me there, ive made this journey many times and could have got there with me driving instead.

i was pissed off having to spent an extra hour in a taxi in bangkok traffic , and did let janie know, she was sorry.

i will still use again , but she needs to have drivers who know where there going or how to use a sat nav. this bloke had a hand written piece of paper as

a map !!!!!!

#133 Dreamer7

Dreamer7

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Good food and good company, neither too spicy.

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:56 AM

Taxi from Suvarnabhumi airport to Phratamnak (Pattaya). This time I tried Nam taxi as recommended on this site. Good email communication, meet at arrivals gate 3, name on placard (you can choose your name when booking by email), comfortable car and a relaxed drive. 1200bht.

I will use this service again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users