Sign in to follow this  
Panforever

Hong Kong

Rate this topic

I'm going to be heading to Hong Kong for 4 days/nights during my Thailand trip in April.I haven't been there since August 1993 and I'm looking forward to it.

I have a general knowledge of the nightlife scene.I was wondering if anyone has been recently.I was also wondering if most of the hostesses in Wanchai are foreign i.e. not Cantonese? I have always presumed Filipina heavily staffed these places,still.Nearly all of my mongering will be in Thailand so I'm not looking for anything spectacular.Just maybe some insight into a particular spot.Same thing as far as the discos.               Thanks.

Edited by Panforever

Was there recently and stayed in The Wharney on Lockhart Rd Wanchai. You are correct a lot of philippines working, I never used the go go's just the "normal" bars, lots of freelancers out later at night on the street, LB's and Africans. Quite a few Freelancers in Dusk till Dawn and Amazonia, also there were also quite a few pinay lb's staying in the wharney I think they all chip in and share 1 room, and of course there's always CL etc.

Was there recently and stayed in The Wharney on Lockhart Rd Wanchai. You are correct a lot of philippines working, I never used the go go's just the "normal" bars, lots of freelancers out later at night on the street, LB's and Africans. Quite a few Freelancers in Dusk till Dawn and Amazonia, also there were also quite a few pinay lb's staying in the wharney I think they all chip in and share 1 room, and of course there's always CL etc.

Spot on re the Amazonia (I haven't visited the Dusk til Dawn); also the FL around that area; they walk Lockhart Rd near the Amazonia corner.  Mostly pinays.  Use CL to find travelling pros and the few local HK LBs. 

Avoid the 'go-gos'.  Just normal bars are packed with FL.   Bloody great couple of bands in the Amazonia, too :-)