23 replies to this topic

#21 Quietguy

Quietguy

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:31 AM

Guys, can someone please advise Emmy about this on her Katty Bar and Guesthouse thread in Classifieds?

I think she has a guest who need to extend visa for one day. Would it be better to just pay the 500 Baht fine at airport?

#22 zeppo

zeppo

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

If it is only 1 day, they may get let off at the airport.

#23 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

Guys, can someone please advise Emmy about this on her Katty Bar and Guesthouse thread in Classifieds?

I think she has a guest who need to extend visa for one day. Would it be better to just pay the 500 Baht fine at airport?

If it's just one day I would probably pay the 500 baht fine. The extension will cost 1900 baht. The only really bad thing I can think of is if one was stopped by police/etc while expired they might have a problem. I'm not sure how they would view it if only one day over. But I have never been stopped or asked for documents in the 12 years I have come to LOS (knock on wood).

Edited by Len Dtuut, 06 February 2018 - 02:26 PM.

• Quietguy likes this

#24 blueyes

blueyes

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

POPULAR

Well as the OP I thought you might be interested in my experience.  i got my extension yday.  I thought I had woken up in an alternate universe.  The process was fairly simple and the office organised and efficient.  I walked in the office at 0915 and got my passport back at 1030  cannot ask for more than that.

I brought all kinds of documentation but didnt need any of it.  All they asked for was for passport copies-photo page and stamp (with TM 6) page, application and, of course, 1900 baht!!!  Whoever is in charge of this office is making bundles of cash.  It makes the Las vegas mob skim in the 60,s and 70s look like nothing!!

You have to go to the office and get your TM 7 form.  Fill out said form and queue for your number.  Had had number 49 and they were at 35. It took maybe 15 minutes to get seen.  One minute in the cubicle and talked with an officer who would have been at home at Treblinka in 1943.  Processed the passport, waited about 20 minutes and got the passport back.

You make your copies downstairs.  Its a bit of a schlepp and they will do your photo as well.  

The complex is IMMENSE.  They have loads of places to eat and they even had a market on the main floor selling all kinds of food and even clothing. 

BTW, I took the BTS to Mo Chit and a cab to the office.  Have them let you off at Building B. Its about 8-10 kms from Mo Chit.

All in all, its a big thumbs up and beats schlepping out of the country!!!!

Thanks for all the guys who responded.  if anyone has any questions, you can post them here or PM me and i will do my best to answer!!!!

• ausmagoo, Kimble, Quietguy and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users