26 replies to this topic

#21 stoolpusher

stoolpusher

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:44 PM

If it was in Australia it probably would be a Packie calling you saying " Hi I am John from Telstra ( phone company ) can I have your bank detales as we have over charged you and would like to return the money "

If you can afford to flush cash down the shitter then you can afford to LEND cash to a stranger. :)

#22 dav662

dav662

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

I thought falling in love with a p4p girl is crazy but this takes the biscuit.
Why would anyone give a few thousand baht to a stranger no matter how bad he has been robbed?
  • glenlivet76 likes this

#23 woodyhoo

woodyhoo

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

Im going back 17 years ,when i first came to Pattaya.

The concern then was not getting scammed by a bar girl, let alone by a fellow farang.

My friend,who was very caring and sympathetic, listened to a sob story from a young british guy and lent him 200 quid.

On return home numerous e-mails and phone calls never received a reply and the 200  was written off.

I myself was approached by a heavilly tattooed ,farang ,as i was exchanging money on 2nd road.

He gave me a hard luck story to which i responded that it was my last day in Pattaya and had only enough cash to settle my hotel bill and taxi fare to the Airport.

I actually felt nervous as he could easilly have grabbed the cash as i was taking it from the kiosk,and ran off.

#24 I&P

I&P

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:37 AM

Im going back 17 years ,when i first came to Pattaya.

The concern then was not getting scammed by a bar girl, let alone by a fellow farang.

My friend,who was very caring and sympathetic, listened to a sob story from a young british guy and lent him 200 quid.

On return home numerous e-mails and phone calls never received a reply and the 200 was written off.

I myself was approached by a heavilly tattooed ,farang ,as i was exchanging money on 2nd road.

He gave me a hard luck story to which i responded that it was my last day in Pattaya and had only enough cash to settle my hotel bill and taxi fare to the Airport.

I actually felt nervous as he could easilly have grabbed the cash as i was taking it from the kiosk,and ran off.

Just reading this makes you wonder why such ppl end up here in the first place. To the OP I am just reading this post and can confirm one of my friends was also scammed in the same way so this person u r referring to may be an overstay case . Take care out there guys

#25 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 15,448 posts
  • Interests:Same as the rest of ye!

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:54 AM

I would imagine scamming an LB would be a tricky one as 100 baht to the nearest Motocy guy will probably service the debt.  :blink:

#26 insearchofxxx

insearchofxxx

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

Those guys seem to be successful with their scams - otherwise they wouldn't be trying it again and again ...

However, I'm always asking myself:
if something like that would happen in London, Paris, Berlin, Sydney...
How would the same people react then? Most likely, I would tell him to leave me alone and go to hell.
So, why are some people behaving different, when in Thailand???

#27 I&P

I&P

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

Those guys seem to be successful with their scams - otherwise they wouldn't be trying it again and again ...

However, I'm always asking myself:
if something like that would happen in London, Paris, Berlin, Sydney...
How would the same people react then? Most likely, I would tell him to leave me alone and go to hell.
So, why are some people behaving different, when in Thailand???

I think it's just like the spats of violence that's been going on recently. We have to just admit we all behave differently in Pattaya. These scammers know how to take advantage of that and tug on ur heart strings. If a happy satisfied tourist u tend to be more generous.

Edited by I&P, 28 February 2018 - 09:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users