TREX7

Possible Hiv ?

Rate this topic

Well I just returned home from a 2 week stint in pattaya.

Now to my concern. As soon as I arrived home I had jet lag and a red eye flight. So I took a day off and slept all the next day.

Now the following day I was in a horrid state, fatigued, weak legs, weak arms, sore inside my groin/upper thigh, weak wrists. Now these symptoms have been persistent . I told my doctor I was active over in thailand and I had made 1 really bad decision.

At first I thought I had dengue fever. But tests come back perfect. But I had one drunken moment.of.madness with a gg from walking street. A gogo bar. I did not wrap it up. I'm always so careful and ALWAYS wear a condom but the moment got the better of me and I had in fact ran out.

I also had a lb from walking street that kept trying to take the condom off. Which I was a bit taken back as that is risky as he'll amd.theres no way in the world I was doing that. Even though she was persistent and she wanted me to finish in her.

Now I'm laying in bed, worried.out of.my fking mind. Thinking I've ruined my life for 1 stupid mistake and I'm only just turning 25.

The bad news is that your symptoms are similar to early HIV infection. The good news (stay with this) is that those symptoms belong to any number of other illnesses. And quite common when people have traveled. It's very unlikely a GG infected you and not likely a lb did if you were topping her (even if she was +). Obviously you need to get tested but the worst of it will probably be the hell of a scare you've had. Good luck.

Now to my concern. As soon as I arrived home I had jet lag and a red eye flight. So I took a day off and slept all the next day.

If your home country is the UK, I wonder if you have picked up the 'flu bug which is going around.

Yeah I've been tested. My bloods are fine for any std and nothing elevated to show any infection. did a hiv test but it is quite early. Ill be re testing at 6 weeks.

good luck all the best. make sure you let us know how you are doing

I'm certainly no expert on HIV but isn't there a fairly lengthy (like six months) incubation period where HIV produces no symptoms of ill health?

Now the following day I was in a horrid state, fatigued, weak legs, weak arms, sore inside my groin/upper thigh, weak wrists. Now these symptoms have been persistent . I told my doctor I was active over in thailand and I had made 1 really bad decision.

At first I thought I had dengue fever. But tests come back perfect. But I had one drunken moment.of.madness with a gg from walking street. A gogo bar. I did not wrap it up. I'm always so careful and ALWAYS wear a condom but the moment got the better of me and I had in fact ran out.

I also had a lb from walking street that kept trying to take the condom off. Which I was a bit taken back as that is risky as he'll amd.theres no way in the world I was doing that. Even though she was persistent and she wanted me to finish in her.

Now I'm laying in bed, worried.out of.my fking mind. Thinking I've ruined my life for 1 stupid mistake and I'm only just turning 25.

Sypmtoms of HIV appeare soonest after 4-6 weeks which can be similar to a flew (that is the reason why it is mistaken as such most of the times).. Meaning elevated temprature, fateque, cold sweat swallen kneck etc..

Incubationtime is 5 - 6 weeks..

If the symptoms are the way you discribe them, you should deffinatly seek a doctor..

To get ease of mind, you can do an annonomous HIV check AFTER 5 weeks and then again after 5 months to exclude an infection..

Sex is the way most people obtain the desease, but alot of things have to be at play to get it.. (Doing Anal, cut or open skin on your cock, highly contagous partner etc)

Relax, talk to your doctor and check back in the timeframes I have given..

Edited by silentmoebius78

A question better asked and answered on the poz.com forums, Am I Infected section.

https://forums.poz.com/index.php

They get the same question hundreds of times a week regarding perceived symptoms and testing periods so are in a better position to give advice.

Be warned though they will dismiss your symptoms straight away as being irrelevant but you will still get more accurate advice.

Will check out that 9ther forum. Have been getting mixed bag opinions on this from alot of people.

Just to clarify I have been to see my gp as I thought I had dengue fever. I have taken a blood test for everything and it came back perfect. Blood count was normal and shown no signs of infection. But he says we definitely need to monitor and re test again.

Hiv does have a window period and will be testing at the 6 week mark.

Will check out that 9ther forum. Have been getting mixed bag opinions on this from alot of people.

Just to clarify I have been to see my gp as I thought I had dengue fever. I have taken a blood test for everything and it came back perfect. Blood count was normal and shown no signs of infection. But he says we definitely need to monitor and re test again.

Hiv does have a window period and will be testing at the 6 week mark.

I said so.. 6 weeks and to be sure, retest in 4 - 6 months..

Be careful with Denge fever as well.. It can be healed once, but a 2cd infection can be lethal.. Singapore is very dangorous for denge.. Everywhere, where the Tiger Mosquito can be found..

I very much doubt you will have caught hiv from barebacking a gg, obviously it's not impossible but unlikely. You've more likely caught a virus on the plane, which is very common.

Take it easy and don't fret, good luck.

Yeah I heard dengue fever is nasty and does not go very well for your second dose. I was sure I had it with the symptoms I got.but tested negative.

He said if they do persist we will re test for 1 more time to make sure. Which will be this Thursday if I don't feel any better.

Now I do still have some of the muscle soreness. Pain really were my eyes are. Stomach sounds a little in settled. But the food always gets me in thailand so who knows. I definitely feel like acid reflux.

Yeah I don't know on this one. I tend to over think and worry a lot. But this one has got me very worried.

I very much doubt you will have caught hiv from barebacking a gg, obviously it's not impossible but unlikely. You've more likely caught a virus on the plane, which is very common.

Take it easy and don't fret, good luck.

Ohoooo.. You have no idea..You should see the Airfilter, when they need to be changed, which dose not happen every now and then..

On top of that, Air comes from the engines, and gets usualy recycled duering cuise, to safe fuel... 55555

Well there's a good possibility it could be from the flight, my gp discussed a few scenarios why I could be experiencing this.

No sign of infection on my blood test which throws me off. Everything was perfect. But he was talking about checking how my liver is and some other parts.

Now I will add. And I will edit it in to my first pist. She did ask for a condom to be worn, which makes me feel a little bit better as she just doesn't outright bareback. But then again could be totally wrong.

Well there's a good possibility it could be from the flight, my gp discussed a few scenarios why I could be experiencing this.

No sign of infection on my blood test which throws me off. But we will be double checking. Everything was perfect. But he was talking about checking how my liver is and some other parts.

Now I will add. And I will edit it in to my first pist. She did ask for a condom to be worn, which makes me feel a little bit better as she just doesn't outright bareback. But then again could be totally wrong.

Edited by TREX7

Flying long haul can do strange things to your body, sleeping all day after the flight probably didn't do you much good either.

When you fly at 35,000 feet, the aircraft is pressurised to 6,000 ft, so it could be altitude sickness, then the humidity of the aircraft (you breathe in moist air, exhale dry air etc), germs and viruses, radiation 55

You'll probably be back to normal soon :).

Flying long haul can do strange things to your body, sleeping all day after the flight probably didn't do you much good either.

When you fly at 35,000 feet, the aircraft is pressurised to 6,000 ft, so it could be altitude sickness, then the humidity of the aircraft (you breathe in moist air, exhale dry air etc), germs and viruses, radiation 55

You'll probably be back to normal soon :).

Depends.. If he did fly in a 787 Dreamliner or A350, the air would have been more moist..

787 Dreamliner

SM78 your right about the 787 Dreamliner, it has a humidity system.

The air for the cabin actually comes off the engines and there have been cases of aerotoxic syndrome in the past. 

SM78 your right about the 787 Dreamliner, it has a humidity system.

The air for the cabin actually comes off the engines and there have been cases of aerotoxic syndrome in the past.

Yes, due to burned synthetic engine oil (which is highly toxic) which has been intermixed in the cabin air. When the engines start up, it smells sometimes, especialy older CFM56 engines. This toxin affects the nervesystem. People suffering from that sickness have been exposed to this toxin over a certain period of time.

The water for the cafe and tea, comes from the same resavoir as the water for the sincs (where they tell you not to drink it).. Water system gets flushed with Chlor every A-Check.. Emagine the water they fill up in Bkk, Hanoi, Africa or India.. All goes in the same tank, and that one gets cleaned every lets say 1 or 1.5 years, depending on the maintenance cycle..

Flying is a pretty toxic envirement, but I love it.. 55555