• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 TREX7

TREX7

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:27 AM

Well I just returned home from a 2 week stint in pattaya.

Now to my concern. As soon as I arrived home I had jet lag and a red eye flight. So I took a day off and slept all the next day.

Now the following day I was in a horrid state, fatigued, weak legs, weak arms, sore inside my groin/upper thigh, weak wrists. Now these symptoms have been persistent . I told my doctor I was active over in thailand and I had made 1 really bad decision.

At first I thought I had dengue fever. But tests come back perfect. But I had one drunken moment.of.madness with a gg from walking street. A gogo bar. I did not wrap it up. I'm always so careful and ALWAYS wear a condom but the moment got the better of me and I had in fact ran out.

I also had a lb from walking street that kept trying to take the condom off. Which I was a bit taken back as that is risky as he'll amd.theres no way in the world I was doing that. Even though she was persistent and she wanted me to finish in her.

Now I'm laying in bed, worried.out of.my fking mind. Thinking I've ruined my life for 1 stupid mistake and I'm only just turning 25.

#2 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:33 AM

You're likely fine.  Unless you were also shooting up with dirty needles at the same time.

#3 Jimmy_Lovepants

Jimmy_Lovepants

I Have Demon Seed In Me

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,171 posts
  • Interests:wet patches
    ferret husbandry
    killing hipsters
    (fantasising about it anyway)

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:48 AM

The bad news is that your symptoms are similar to early HIV infection. The good news (stay with this) is that those symptoms belong to any number of other illnesses. And quite common when people have traveled. It's very unlikely a GG infected you and not likely a lb did if you were topping her (even if she was +). Obviously you need to get tested but the worst of it will probably be the hell of a scare you've had. Good luck.

• bob2011 likes this

#4 TREX7

TREX7

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

Yeah I've been tested. My bloods are fine for any std and nothing elevated to show any infection. did a hiv test but it is quite early. Ill be re testing at 6 weeks.
  • Jimmy_Lovepants and Podrick like this

#5 Botafogo

Botafogo

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts
  • Interests:Latin American Dancing, Travelling,Touring German FKK Clubs, Hanging around various European Racecourses while Drinking Beer.

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:39 AM

POPULAR

As a GP told me many years ago, the biggest problem with patients whom attend my surgery is in their mind.
You’ve done exactly the right thing in getting tested, if only to (partly) put your mind at ease.
Now stop worrying and book that next flight 😉.
  • Devman, bob2011, Jimmy_Lovepants and 2 others like this

#6 Devman

Devman

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

Now to my concern. As soon as I arrived home I had jet lag and a red eye flight. So I took a day off and slept all the next day.

If your home country is the UK, I wonder if you have picked up the 'flu bug which is going around.

#7 markm

markm

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:science,history,boutique beers,AFL,slagging religion about its short comings and cute asses

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

Yeah I've been tested. My bloods are fine for any std and nothing elevated to show any infection. did a hiv test but it is quite early. Ill be re testing at 6 weeks.

good luck all the best. make sure you let us know how you are doing

#8 Topcat72m

Topcat72m

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

Sounds like the Ausi flu

#9 LB3048

LB3048

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Skinny, hairless Asian boys dressed up as girls.

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

I'm certainly no expert on HIV but isn't there a fairly lengthy (like six months) incubation period where HIV produces no symptoms of ill health?

#10 silentmoebius78

silentmoebius78

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

Now the following day I was in a horrid state, fatigued, weak legs, weak arms, sore inside my groin/upper thigh, weak wrists. Now these symptoms have been persistent . I told my doctor I was active over in thailand and I had made 1 really bad decision.
At first I thought I had dengue fever. But tests come back perfect. But I had one drunken moment.of.madness with a gg from walking street. A gogo bar. I did not wrap it up. I'm always so careful and ALWAYS wear a condom but the moment got the better of me and I had in fact ran out.
I also had a lb from walking street that kept trying to take the condom off. Which I was a bit taken back as that is risky as he'll amd.theres no way in the world I was doing that. Even though she was persistent and she wanted me to finish in her.
Now I'm laying in bed, worried.out of.my fking mind. Thinking I've ruined my life for 1 stupid mistake and I'm only just turning 25.

Sypmtoms of HIV appeare soonest after 4-6 weeks which can be similar to a flew (that is the reason why it is mistaken as such most of the times).. Meaning elevated temprature, fateque, cold sweat swallen kneck etc..

Incubationtime is 5 - 6 weeks..

If the symptoms are the way you discribe them, you should deffinatly seek a doctor..

To get ease of mind, you can do an annonomous HIV check AFTER 5 weeks and then again after 5 months to exclude an infection..

Sex is the way most people obtain the desease, but alot of things have to be at play to get it.. (Doing Anal, cut or open skin on your cock, highly contagous partner etc)

Relax, talk to your doctor and check back in the timeframes I have given..

Edited by silentmoebius78, 05 February 2018 - 11:45 AM.

• Jimmy_Lovepants likes this

#11 lbshagger

lbshagger

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Interests:LB arse and cock, what else is there in life.

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

A question better asked and answered on the poz.com forums, Am I Infected section.

https://forums.poz.com/index.php

They get the same question hundreds of times a week regarding perceived symptoms and testing periods so are in a better position to give advice.

Be warned though they will dismiss your symptoms straight away as being irrelevant but you will still get more accurate advice.
  • silentmoebius78 likes this

#12 TREX7

TREX7

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

Will check out that 9ther forum. Have been getting mixed bag opinions on this from alot of people.

Just to clarify I have been to see my gp as I thought I had dengue fever. I have taken a blood test for everything and it came back perfect. Blood count was normal and shown no signs of infection. But he says we definitely need to monitor and re test again.

Hiv does have a window period and will be testing at the 6 week mark.

#13 TREX7

TREX7

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

And to add. I haven't had any flu like symptom. Just the fatigue, muscle soreness, sore like bladder area.

#14 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

Your body is in fun withdrawal

#15 silentmoebius78

silentmoebius78

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:54 PM

Will check out that 9ther forum. Have been getting mixed bag opinions on this from alot of people.
Just to clarify I have been to see my gp as I thought I had dengue fever. I have taken a blood test for everything and it came back perfect. Blood count was normal and shown no signs of infection. But he says we definitely need to monitor and re test again.
Hiv does have a window period and will be testing at the 6 week mark.

I said so.. 6 weeks and to be sure, retest in 4 - 6 months..

Be careful with Denge fever as well.. It can be healed once, but a 2cd infection can be lethal.. Singapore is very dangorous for denge.. Everywhere, where the Tiger Mosquito can be found..

#16 Solice

Solice

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts
  • Interests:WWW.sensationsbar.blogspot.co.uk/

Youtube.com - scotts thailand

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:08 PM

I very much doubt you will have caught hiv from barebacking a gg, obviously it's not impossible but unlikely. You've more likely caught a virus on the plane, which is very common.
Take it easy and don't fret, good luck.
  • silentmoebius78 and ausman7 like this

#17 TREX7

TREX7

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

Yeah I heard dengue fever is nasty and does not go very well for your second dose. I was sure I had it with the symptoms I got.but tested negative.

He said if they do persist we will re test for 1 more time to make sure. Which will be this Thursday if I don't feel any better.

Now I do still have some of the muscle soreness. Pain really were my eyes are. Stomach sounds a little in settled. But the food always gets me in thailand so who knows. I definitely feel like acid reflux.

Yeah I don't know on this one. I tend to over think and worry a lot. But this one has got me very worried.

#18 silentmoebius78

silentmoebius78

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:39 PM

I very much doubt you will have caught hiv from barebacking a gg, obviously it's not impossible but unlikely. You've more likely caught a virus on the plane, which is very common.
Take it easy and don't fret, good luck.

Ohoooo.. You have no idea..You should see the Airfilter, when they need to be changed, which dose not happen every now and then..

On top of that, Air comes from the engines, and gets usualy recycled duering cuise, to safe fuel... 55555

Edited by silentmoebius78, 05 February 2018 - 06:40 PM.

• Solice likes this

#19 TREX7

TREX7

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

Well there's a good possibility it could be from the flight, my gp discussed a few scenarios why I could be experiencing this.

No sign of infection on my blood test which throws me off. Everything was perfect. But he was talking about checking how my liver is and some other parts.

Now I will add. And I will edit it in to my first pist. She did ask for a condom to be worn, which makes me feel a little bit better as she just doesn't outright bareback. But then again could be totally wrong.

#20 TREX7

TREX7

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

Well there's a good possibility it could be from the flight, my gp discussed a few scenarios why I could be experiencing this.

No sign of infection on my blood test which throws me off. But we will be double checking. Everything was perfect. But he was talking about checking how my liver is and some other parts.

Now I will add. And I will edit it in to my first pist. She did ask for a condom to be worn, which makes me feel a little bit better as she just doesn't outright bareback. But then again could be totally wrong.

Edited by TREX7, 05 February 2018 - 06:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users