4 replies to this topic

#1 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:31 PM

In the past when I was typing in Line above the onscreen keyboard there would be three suggested words from the first letters of a word I was typing in. It enhanced my feeble typing speed greatly. I lost that function somewhere along the line (no pun intended) on my Samsung J2 prime. Is it a function of the phone or Line? 

#2 lbshagger

lbshagger

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Interests:LB arse and cock, what else is there in life.

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:38 PM

I think it is a function of the phone. Check your keyboard settings. Line has never done it for me, just displays suggested icons. Mine is under Advanced settings, inputs, select the keyboard you are using which will normally be Google or the phone manufacturer and then there should be a predictive text section. Take a look at the options there, should be one about showing possible words.
  • Len Dtuut likes this

#3 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

I think it is a function of the phone. Check your keyboard settings. Line has never done it for me, just displays suggested icons. Mine is under Advanced settings, inputs, select the keyboard you are using which will normally be Google or the phone manufacturer and then there should be a predictive text section. Take a look at the options there, should be one about showing possible words.

Thank lbs. I finally found it buried a couple of layers deep under General Management. The line with the suggestions is actually one line below where what I am typing is shown and not above. If I type a lower case i then I get three suggestions. An uppercase I, I'm and it. If I type "the" suggestions are The, There and Then. This is all in Line. Will help me a lot. Not sure how I managed to turn it off.

PS works the same in all programs now.

Edited by Len Dtuut, 09 February 2018 - 02:47 PM.

#4 silentmoebius78

silentmoebius78

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

It is part of the keyboard.. All Androids are the same.. See pictures attached.. You can set it up on the little settings icon left to the space tab.. I should use it too.. But I am nkt just writing in english and it can be a bit annoying for me.. Hope you find it..

Attached Images

• Screenshot_2018-02-09-15-44-30.png
  • Screenshot_2018-02-09-15-44-23.png
  • Screenshot_2018-02-09-15-44-45.png
  • Screenshot_2018-02-09-15-44-55.png

Edited by silentmoebius78, 09 February 2018 - 02:54 PM.

• Len Dtuut likes this

#5 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

It is part of the keyboard.. All Androids are the same.. See pictures attached.. You can set it up on the little settings icon left to the space tab.. I should use it too.. But I am nkt just writing in english and it can be a bit annoying for me.. Hope you find it..

Well I already found it by digging through the menus (the hard way). Settings > General Management > Language and input > Samsung Keyboard (Multiple languages) > Predictive text (on)

I must confess I never even noticed the setting key next to the space bar. :blink:  So now I know there is another way. 

thanks

• silentmoebius78 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users