LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,634 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

Here's a road test of an S9 :-)

https://www.techrada...ung-galaxy-s9. 

Can't see one for sale yet on GiffGaff but the S9 is available on amazon depending on memory size, entry price is £739, S9+ appears to be pre order, no price as of yet.

#3 stoolpusher

stoolpusher

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

I am a Samsung fan but not into the latest shit on the market but it does look flashy , thanks for the link Fenton

#4 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,634 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:54 PM

I am a Samsung fan but not into the latest shit on the market but it does look flashy , thanks for the link Fenton

All in a nights work :)

Regards

Your friendly neighbourhood threadfucker 55

#5 kingslayer

kingslayer

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

Looks good but not a massive improvement over the S8. I've got the S8 and an Essential PH-1 now, so will likely wait for Note 9 or S10.

#6 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 15,445 posts
  • Interests:Same as the rest of ye!

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:07 PM

I believe Note 9 & S10 will be announced around August prior to the Apple event.  B)

#7 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,634 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

I believe Note 9 & S10 will be announced around August prior to the Apple event.  B)

The Note 9 and the series in general has a cult following.  Most people believed it was doomed to failure.  It was essentially the first phablet with a stylus.  One of Samsung's mutations that escaped the lab and survived.

Not trying to debase Apple, but they follow a tried and tested formula, which is starting to falter.

Samsung have a clam phone (galaxy gubbings, all metal) which was released for the Chinese market only.  Some people really want something along the lines of Motorola Razr, but Lenovo have not delivered on that.

Also, Samsung are working on a folding phone (like a note book)  and I've also seen a flexible screen prototype.

At least Samsung go for it instead of Apple! 

If you take into account the galaxy phone is released at the end of Feb/Mar and the Note is released around Aug/Sept (its a six month interval near enough) really has nothing to do with Apple at all.

The Note is usually a precursor for the Galaxy phone the following year.

I'm a HTC fan myself.  A dying brand with a cult following 55.

Edited by fenton, 11 March 2018 - 12:48 PM.

#8 kingslayer

kingslayer

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:47 AM

I loved HTC too but sadly they are basically done. Sold their phone business to Google and now just working their way through the existing product pipeline. I doubt they will be in the phone biz for much longer.

#9 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,634 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:54 AM

I loved HTC too but sadly they are basically done. Sold their phone business to Google and now just working their way through the existing product pipeline. I doubt they will be in the phone biz for much longer

Your probably right about the being in the phone biz, but I wish them luck with the VR business and I believe they are well capable of designing a high end chromebook that would be very popular with consumers me thinks.

#10 Knobby

Knobby

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Interests:Music,Sexy fun and games, photography.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:35 PM

By time I am up for an upgrade and out of current contract I imagine Samsung will be upto the S10  :blink:

I think this is why a lot of the phone providers are now offering upgrades within your contract period. Due to nearly 2 year contracts with no upgrades I (if you like) missed out on the S6, S8 & now the S9.

Imagine how many other people in England alone would have missed out? I can imagine Samsung complaining to the phone providers about this hence the changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users