19 replies to this topic

#1 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:33 AM

I always use Dtac when in los, however I usually always use up my pay as you go balance so I just get a new sim when I arrive.
This time I have about 600 baht left over from my last trip, and it doesn’t run out until end of August.
My question is, it was only a 14 day internet package when I first purchased the sim, will I have data still left over, if not will they be able to add a data package to my old sim as I don’t want to lose the 600 baht.

#2 willsson

willsson

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Regular trips to LOS, always Pattaya, getting to know more and more through you guys!

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:10 PM

I put the same sim back in when i go back and get it topped up at the airport.

A couple of times in the last few years they told me it had expired but i gather you can re-activae it from outside Los.

Dont ask me how but am sure one of the techies will have the know how.

Also downloaded the dtac app where i garher you can manage the sim but once again, havent got a scooby how to use it.

Not much help really other than i know it can be done!

#3 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:13 PM

I will not need it re activated as it’s valid for a good few months yet, I’m wondering if the internet will still be working on it and if not can they add a package onto my sim,
Will try at the desk at swampy, thanks anyways.

#4 nikki666

nikki666

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:28 PM

Another invisible post.... WTF ?

Edited by nikki666, 02 April 2018 - 12:35 PM.

#5 willsson

willsson

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Regular trips to LOS, always Pattaya, getting to know more and more through you guys!

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:10 PM

I will not need it re activated as it’s valid for a good few months yet, I’m wondering if the internet will still be working on it and if not can they add a package onto my sim,
Will try at the desk at swampy, thanks anyways.

In that case, yes, it will be fine. I usually top up my left over balance with about 4-500 baht.for unlimited data for 2 weeks.
  • IRONicMAN likes this

#6 hanz

hanz

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

I always use Dtac when in los, however I usually always use up my pay as you go balance so I just get a new sim when I arrive.
This time I have about 600 baht left over from my last trip, and it doesn’t run out until end of August.
My question is, it was only a 14 day internet package when I first purchased the sim, will I have data still left over, if not will they be able to add a data package to my old sim as I don’t want to lose the 600 baht.

I have the data auto renewal feature on my DTAC account. It pulls 169b out of my account each week for my data plan. You might not have any baht left when you get back into town. With so many free Wi Fi outlets available about town I don't see the need for a data plan.

#7 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,333 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

Can't you sort this out with them with mydtac, on the website.

#8 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

Just ask them to top up for a week - thrre are a good few options depending on speed etc. They start aroind 120bhat. Some repeat automaically but it may be better to avoid these.
It is unlikely the old package will be still working though

#9 nikki666

nikki666

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:24 AM

If you have remaining credit on your SIM , it should work as applied to data once reactivated ... I usually buy a package for data and supplement a little for SMS and calls which I use very little (LINE primarily ) .  The data package has an expiration on it ...usually 7-14-30 days , but any phone credit remains valid.

Edited by nikki666, 03 April 2018 - 10:26 AM.

• IRONicMAN likes this

#10 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

I have a 7 day data package but i was worried as it repeats and may use up remaining credit

#11 gympy

gympy

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:22 PM

I have a 7 day data package but i was worried as it repeats and may use up remaining credit

Install the DTAC app on your phone and then you can manage what packages you are subscribed to. I usually have some credit remaining on my account so when I arrive I just enable whatever internet package seems good value and if it's a recurring one (like the 7 day packages) I just cancel it before I leave.

You can also do this using text messages but I can't be arsed looking them up because it's so easy to do with the DTAC app. If you are trying to do this from outside LOS it's a bit more complex as you have to use the website and get a pin sent to you via text which can be a bit of a nuisance

#12 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:04 AM

Install the DTAC app on your phone and then you can manage what packages you are subscribed to. I usually have some credit remaining on my account so when I arrive I just enable whatever internet package seems good value and if it's a recurring one (like the 7 day packages) I just cancel it before I leave.

You can also do this using text messages but I can't be arsed looking them up because it's so easy to do with the DTAC app. If you are trying to do this from outside LOS it's a bit more complex as you have to use the website and get a pin sent to you via text which can be a bit of a nuisance

Yes that sounds like a better way to do it.
Can u cancel recurring packages on the app or do you have to do it in the shop?

#13 Zathras

Zathras

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:39 AM

POPULAR

Info here on how to extend validity of SIMS:

http://help.mobileto...dity-of-my-sim/

DTAC  –  Extend your validity for up to 365 days at a cost of 2 Baht per month.

• Press : *113*30*9# for 30 days extension.  Cost 2 Baht
  • Press : *113*60*9# for 60 days extension.  Cost 4 Baht
  • Press : *113*90*9# for 90 days extension.  Cost 6 Baht
  • Press : *113*180*9# for 180 days extension.   Cost 12 Baht

• ausmagoo, gympy and hellah like this

#14 gympy

gympy

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

Yes that sounds like a better way to do it.
Can u cancel recurring packages on the app or do you have to do it in the shop?

Yes, you can cancel recurring packages from the app. Very simple to do.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#15 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:21 AM

Tried the app - yes much better than using the codes - also ok to cancel recurring subscriptions.
Best packages seem to be the fixed speed ones with no reduction in speed over the period you pay for

#16 Knobby

Knobby

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:Music,Sexy fun and games, photography.

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:35 PM

All I do before I fly home is goto a DTAC shop or desk with the sim pack(the pack the sim comes with when you first get one)

And get them to extend the sim "life" for a year. Costs a few baht but I have had the same sim for over 2 years now.

Its easy to top up via the DTAC website.

I like this as I cant be bothered to get a new sim each time. I can just fly in and am already set up.

In the first place I got my sim via the website. I pre ordered it before I flew,I then just had to collect it at swampy in the DTAC shop.

So much easier.

When in Thailand I have never had any trouble with DTAC. Always had service and data. I always load the sim with over a 1000 baht and use the data hard !!

Edited by Knobby, 07 April 2018 - 09:36 PM.

• patnya likes this

#17 nikki666

nikki666

Awesome LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:33 AM

These days you should have decent WIFI at your hotel/condo.  Most bars and restaurants also have WIFI , just ask..... if you have a modern Android phone , it will remember these passwords and connect you when you are in range...... why would you need a huge amount of data ?   

Buy a package for 300 B and throw a 100B on for phone calls , which I use very little since LINE is free.....  this usually lasts me a month as long as I don't make international calls.

• hanz likes this

#18 IRONicMAN

IRONicMAN

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

I always like to prepare for mishaps, like the WiFi in the hotel for some reason ain’t working how it should.
For the sake of 500 baht for 14 days for unlimited data it’s worth it.

#19 setanta

setanta

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:58 PM

I tried the 4mb package this time which costs 150b per week - fixed speed and no data limits.
Works well and saves the hassle of getting onto wifi if you are moving around a lot.

#20 Knobby

Knobby

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:Music,Sexy fun and games, photography.

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

I am the same, 

wi-fi not always reliable so I top my sim up with at least a 1000 baht a time and then hit the data hard. With DTAC I have never had problems with the service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users