#21 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Interests:Bloviating, ultracrepidarianism, kino, alphamegamia, Scalextric

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:41 AM

If I have a visa then I hold the passport open at that page when I present it to the immigration officer and I've always checked departure date stamps after going through immigration with at least a rough idea of what that date should be. I would've thought anyone with common sense would do the same.

Only once has the date ever been stamped incorrectly for me, despite showing the visa at the desk. 15 days given when it should've been 60 days, which stuck out like a sore thumb. That was overland at the Cham Yeam land border crossing between Koh Kong (Cambodia) and Trat (Thailand). I checked as I walked away then immeditaely went back. The female officer simply crossed out the wrongly stamped date with a biro and stamped in a new one. TiT.

#22 OzzyC

OzzyC

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts
  • Interests:You know...

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

Man, fuck this thread ! You guys made me so paranoid that I had to go pull the passport out of the safe :angry:

Attached File  stamp.jpg   54.42KB   8 downloads

#23 Abba123

Abba123

LB Mogul

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
  • Interests:Servicing ladyboys with sub-stomach phrenology

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

Man, fuck this thread ! You guys made me so paranoid that I had to go pull the passport out of the safe :angry:

Don't hate the players - hate the game. :)

#24 flamesfan7

flamesfan7

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Traveling, photography, music, ice hockey and of course Thailand Katoeys.

Posted 07 April 2018 - 11:30 AM

Went through​ my passport and every trip (9 total) was stamped for 30 days. 

I travel from the U.S. with a Canadian passport and there seems to be no deviation from the 30 day stamp. 

Never the less, it would seem proper to check the stamp each time upon entering the Kingdom to assure no problems. Wouldn't want any surprises upon departing.

#25 singletony

singletony

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:10 PM

forum police alert. Time to go again.

But before I do. Re read the great info he supplied in his second post.

Edited by singletony, 07 April 2018 - 02:31 PM.

#26 ausmagoo

ausmagoo

LB Connoisseur

• 3,171 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Abba123. Still making no sense and knowing nothing after all these years.

I’d ignore this twat and take the advice of everyone else.

On this thread Tony... all he has said that be careful of an overstay... be it one day...a week..etc.

He also said that it is a very low probability you will have a problem if you overstay by a day and you do not get stopped before you get to the airport and just pay the fine when you depart.

What he did say is that of you get stopped before you get there... and you are just a day overstay.... it is a different scenario.... and I agree with him.... so what point are you making for this topic.

#27 hellah

hellah

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:50 AM

this is a different question to my last two post about visas ?

flying into thailand from the uk, i thought everyone automatically gets a 30 day visa execempt stamp in their passport.

while checking my passport today and my entry stamps, i noticed on 3 occasions i was only given 21 days and another one 

was only 20 days ? luckily for me i had left thailand by these dates which would have seen me as a overstayer.

example.

admitted-- 20 november 2015

until 10 december 2015

total of only 21 days.

has anyone else noticed this in previous trips to thailand ?

is it the immigration officer on the day who decides when you should exit ?

i have a 30/ 31 day holiday starting next week and was thinking i would be ok on the visa on arrival / exemption .

should i show them when clearing immigration my return air ticket ?

any thoughts on this ?

thanks in advance.

No. Don't say anything if they not ask you. Just check the stamp immediately and make sure you got 30 days.

Remember, the 30 days is actually 29 nights. They count the day of arrival as day 1. So when you arrive on the 15th of april, the stamp will say you have to leave on the 14th of may.

Also, like I said before, at the airport in the UK they might ask you for a visum as your return flight is after the 30 days exemption. If they do, tell them that you will be traveling to Laos and get a new exemption when you cross back to Thailand. Do NOT tell them that you are just going to wing it as they will not be amused and may not let you board the flight.

Edit: Also, I think you are reading your stamps wrong. The date is probably your departure date. Did you happen to take several 3 week holidays? 

Edited by hellah, 08 April 2018 - 01:54 AM.

• patnya likes this

#28 biggles

biggles

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:32 AM

I always check the date stamped as in the last 7 months I have been given 30 days when I had a valid visa and the number was written on the arrival card. GF who was in front of me in the same queue got the 60 days ok.

#29 patnya

patnya

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:04 PM

No. Don't say anything if they not ask you. Just check the stamp immediately and make sure you got 30 days.

Remember, the 30 days is actually 29 nights. They count the day of arrival as day 1. So when you arrive on the 15th of april, the stamp will say you have to leave on the 14th of may.

Also, like I said before, at the airport in the UK they might ask you for a visum as your return flight is after the 30 days exemption. If they do, tell them that you will be traveling to Laos and get a new exemption when you cross back to Thailand. Do NOT tell them that you are just going to wing it as they will not be amused and may not let you board the flight.

Edit: Also, I think you are reading your stamps wrong. The date is probably your departure date. Did you happen to take several 3 week holidays? 

thanks for the advice hellah.

yes i have taken several 3 week holidays but not all within the same year,

and i have checked my passport, the dates are not my departure dates, but my admit till dates.

will keep all on here posted , on my return next month.

#30 patnya

patnya

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

POPULAR

well i overstayed by 1 day,

got pulled to one side and told i had overstayed, expecting to pay a 500bht fine, officer just smiled, stamped my passport and sent me on my way.

Attached Files

• Zoonie the Lazoon, hellah and OzzyC like this

#31 OzzyC

OzzyC

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts
  • Interests:You know...

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:32 AM

At Patnya, yeah I wouldn't do it too many times as it gets recorded in the system and next time they might check to see if you are a repeat offender like they did with me cause the date you are supposed to leave is stamped there. I do have an ugly mug so they asked if I had done it before, too me to another desk, big boss lady.

• patnya likes this

#32 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

this is a different question to my last two post about visas ?

flying into thailand from the uk, i thought everyone automatically gets a 30 day visa execempt stamp in their passport.

while checking my passport today and my entry stamps, i noticed on 3 occasions i was only given 21 days and another one 

was only 20 days ? luckily for me i had left thailand by these dates which would have seen me as a overstayer.

example.

admitted-- 20 november 2015

until 10 december 2015

total of only 21 days.

has anyone else noticed this in previous trips to thailand ?

is it the immigration officer on the day who decides when you should exit ?

i have a 30/ 31 day holiday starting next week and was thinking i would be ok on the visa on arrival / exemption .

should i show them when clearing immigration my return air ticket ?

any thoughts on this ?

thanks in advance.

Well, I'll tell you something that might trump the previous posts.

I was a frequent traveler to LOS for many years.

Basking in the "Warm Glow" of coming here on R&R. Pissing My money up the wall and down the various recipient holes.

In the early days, it was fine and dandy. One had to ensure, though, that they did not exceed six months stay in LOS for a twelve month period.

Easy for those who commuted on a roster. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Then we had this b*llsh*t crackdown. Based on, quite simply, too many stamps in One's passport.

I was told on a few occasions, that "When You Come Back You Need To Have Visa".

So, I thought, subliminally, Ok, I'm going to piss up my money somewhere else. Witt I did, with gusto.

So, as time went on I went through the process of getting a Tourist VISA when I came back. Pain in the arse, depending on where One was coming from.

Still, on arrival, the Immigration officer went through the process of adding up dates etc.

So, went away for a YEAR. To do some work/ business.

Came back, same sh*t.

The wash up?

My Friend, get your Good Self a new passport.

Because these Folks at Immigration cannot see the Proverbial "Forest For The Trees". TOO MANY STAMPS is their Mantra.

The Forest being the paranoia surrounding Folks illegally working in LOS (as if an Expat on FIFO etc. actually would, for that money).

And the Trees being said Expats who want to come here regularly and frequently and piss the aforementioned Hard Earned;

Up the various walls and holes.

Or you could Play The Game, pay the money and get a dodgy Visa.

No Pompem, then.

Actually, I'm having a "De Ja Vu" moment, here.

Now, that said, no more "De Ja Vu" moments for My Good Self.

I'll just continue to spread my Devil's Seed and accompanying fetishes elsewhere.

Fark 'Em.

Though, I seem to vaguely remember a section on the last visa application I did witt referred to owning a property?

You might want to look into that.

Before buying a property, of course.

Because these Folks seem to change their policy, like I change my underpants.

Witt, is, quite frankly, not often enough.

But that said, once the policy is the policy;

One needs to then look at....... My Underpants!

Not My Stamps!

:)

Edited by Thaiman12, 17 May 2018 - 12:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users