17 replies to this topic

#1 Sun Tsu

Sun Tsu

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:23 AM

Hallo everyone!
I would like to make a 1 year holiday in Thailand.
In regards to my person I am 51 and a German citizen.
I am not retired and my employment contract in Germany would stay untouched. By that I mean I will still have a 5 digit gross salary in Germany every month.
What do you think would be the best Visa for me?
Thanks for your replies.

#2 -Jim-

-Jim-

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,637 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:28 AM

Probably a retirement visa as you qualify by being over 50 and have enough monthly income 

Also if you could transfer 800,000Baht into your Thai Account that will qualify you and cover some of your years expenditure nicely 

Many guys on here are using this visa so am sure there is lots of info available 

#3 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,004 posts
  • Interests:Anything pretty on 2 legs

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:03 AM

Agree with Jim it sounds like the retirement Visa is the way to go. If you’re planning to visit surrounding countries regularly during that year pay extra for the multiple re-entry permit. Hat will save extra trips to immigration. You’ll be able to come and go as you’d like.

Edit: spell correct

Edited by kathoeyfan, 14 April 2018 - 01:36 PM.

• Abba123 likes this

#4 360

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Another alternative would be to get a multiple entry tourist visa. It's Not a one year visa but it's super easy to get in your home country and pretty flexible. It should serve you well if you're planning to travel to neighboring countries during your sabbatical. 

• Abba123 likes this

#5 Sun Tsu

Sun Tsu

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

Thx for your answers so far. If I understand the tourist visa correctly I can pretty much get almost 270 days out of it?
Will it have an effect that I basically spend 90 of the last 180 days in LOS with visa waivers?
Thx

#6 360

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

Thx for your answers so far. If I understand the tourist visa correctly I can pretty much get almost 270 days out of it?
Will it have an effect that I basically spend 90 of the last 180 days in LOS with visa waivers?
Thx

see here: http://www.ladyboysp...-ages/?p=770396

#7 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,004 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

Thx

Not sure what other tourist visas are available, but have seen the multiple entry (2 entry) 60 day Visa. Being able to stretch that to 180 days max. That’s as long as you use it right away, and stay the full 60 days then a 30 day extension at Thai immigration.

Then a border run right near the end of that 30 day extension. You get 60 days again when you re-enter thailand and able to extend that at immigration for 30 days. It’s a pain to deal with and limits your travel. You’ll need to stay to the limits just to make it work.

After 50 years a retirement Visa is ideal. Unless you have a Thai wife or Thai kids? Then you can opt for marriage or dependent visas. Those are also 1 year. However you still need to leave TH every 90 days even on those visas. The retirement is a visa where you truly don’t want/need to leave. You do need to do the 90 day reporting at immigration. If you plan to travel to other counties, get the multiple entry permit to save the burden of trips to the Thai immigration office.

Edit: Immigration rules in TH change often, so not sure what it is this exact second. Every year is different.

Edited by kathoeyfan, 14 April 2018 - 01:50 PM.

#8 Herberth

Herberth

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Rock Music, LadyBoys, Cigars, golden Showers, Gin, Whisky,

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:01 PM

Take a Non-Immigrant "O" multiple entry" visa. (Only frankfurt and berlin issue this visa in germany). 5000€ in bank account and hotel reservation, flight ticket and you are ready to go. 150€ for the visa. You can also pm me if you have more questions. If you are in germany you can also phone me. have a nice trip :-)
  • ErikHansen likes this

#9 gert

gert

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Interests:girls,
    guitars and
    gender studies

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:23 PM

POPULAR

Just like Herberth I think the retirement O visa with multiple entries would be ideal for you.

I applied for it recently and it looks like this :

Attached File  retirementvisa.jpg   313.49KB   21 downloads

I used an agency in Frankfurt :

http://www.buch-dein...entnervisum.htm

which cost an additional 39 Euros.

Now during 1 year I can enter Thailand as often as I like for 90 days.

In your case that would mean visiting a neighbouring country after 90 days and then re-enter for another 90 days etc.

The only problem I see is that you are not really retired and so I wonder whether you qualify for a retirement visa.

I suggest using an agency like the one mentioned above to find out if it is wise to claim to be retired and how to do it.

Edited by gert, 14 April 2018 - 04:26 PM.

• kathoeyfan, jimbo34, 360 and 1 other like this

#10 Sun Tsu

Sun Tsu

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

Thanks everyone for the answers. I think I will prefer the multiple entry tourist visa and hope to arrive by the end of May

#11 Sun Tsu

Sun Tsu

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:45 PM

Well next week will be embassy time to hand in my tourist visa for multiple entries.
Got all the papers - letter if recommendation from a former TG manager incl his bank statements couching for me. So nothing should go wrong. 3 days to issue the visa - that means I should be on my way end of next week

#12 kathoeyfan

kathoeyfan

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,004 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

Well next week will be embassy time to hand in my tourist visa for multiple entries.
Got all the papers - letter if recommendation from a former TG manager incl his bank statements couching for me. So nothing should go wrong. 3 days to issue the visa - that means I should be on my way end of next week

When it arrives, please update with what exact Visa it is and the terms as you know them. If it’s the 2 entry tourist visa I described earlier in the thread it won’t work for anything longer than a 180 day stay.

Edit: thank you for the update :)

Edited by kathoeyfan, 07 June 2018 - 09:52 AM.

#13 Thaiman12

Thaiman12

LB Connoisseur

• Member +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,987 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

Christ On A Bike.

:)

#14 grandy

grandy

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:26 AM

The only problem I see is that you are not really retired and so I wonder whether you qualify for a retirement visa.

They don't actually check to see if you are not working (how could they?).

Over 50, have the funds to support and pass the meagre checks? Granted.

#15 Sun Tsu

Sun Tsu

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

Well got the 6 month TR Visa multiple entries. Let's see where it will take me.Arriving in LOS this Saturday.😀Attached File  20180613_000809.jpg   97.05KB   5 downloads

Edited by Sun Tsu, 12 June 2018 - 10:12 PM.

#16 zeppo

zeppo

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:07 AM

When it arrives, please update with what exact Visa it is and the terms as you know them. If it’s the 2 entry tourist visa I described earlier in the thread it won’t work for anything longer than a 180 day stay.

Edit: thank you for the update :)

I don't think anyone can get double entry TVs any more. Only singles are issued in UK and as far as I know it's the same round the world, unless anyone has got a double recently?

#17 skippy123

skippy123

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:42 AM

I don't think anyone can get double entry TVs any more. Only singles are issued in UK and as far as I know it's the same round the world, unless anyone has got a double recently?

I believe there are only SETV's and METV's now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by skippy123, 13 June 2018 - 01:43 AM.

#18 zeppo

zeppo

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

I believe there are only SETV's and METV's now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For tourist visas, yes that is my understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users