36 replies to this topic

#1 mlay

mlay

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

Went there yesterday for a take away pizza.
Sorry but for me I can't called this thing a pizza... how Italian natives can make this kind of pizza ???
Oven was clearly not hot enough ..all ingredients dry ,because the so called pizza was way too long in the oven.
Even this was one of the expensive one on the menu ..at 320 baht .. u can clearly see the lack of ingredients on top ...

Dough without flavour..
And how can u add a 20 baht surcharge for a take away ???

I talk about pizza Italy , between soi Diana and Soi 15.

In the soi where Backpacker, Baku ,and Babyboom are

http://www.pizzaitalytk.com/en-us

FB_IMG_1523854617219.jpg
  • Seanarcher likes this

#2 manpower

manpower

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Interests:Boxing and sexy ladyboys

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:03 AM

I hope you didn't eat it.

• soju2012 likes this

#3 stallion79

stallion79

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:31 AM

Yeah their pizza is awful. Go around the corner to Volare for better pizza. Baku has good pizza on the menu too. I refuse to eat Pizza Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • mlay likes this

#4 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,333 posts
  • Interests:The Usual :)

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:55 AM

I've eaten at Pizza Italy and its been fine for me.

But having said that I've never had a pizza delivered from Pizza Italy.  Maybe the surcharge is to pay the person who delivers your pizza?

Was it towards the end of the evening, I know they shut early around 23:00 hrs?

Worst Pizza I've ever had in Pattaya, was the from the Centara Hotel.  I thought I was in for a treat when they gave a few bread sticks as a starter.  I was so wrong 55.

I usually get my Pizzas from Aroi Dee (opposite soi 8, open 24 hrs) or Bronx Pizza but he's moved several times.

Sorry you had a bad experience and better luck next time.  

#5 mlay

mlay

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:43 AM

It was a take away... no delivery
So adding 20 baht for that is just a rip off .. IMO.
I was there around 22h45.

#6 aussiemale

aussiemale

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:31 AM

yeah I agree it's not the best had it once,once is enough.

#7 duke007

duke007

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

Rooms look ok but not as good as next door  :)

#8 gympy

gympy

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

Interesting. I think they do one of the best pizzas around. You can't beat a proper wood fired oven and they do a nice thin base. An Italian BM I know also thinks they do good pizzas and recommended the place to me.

Surprised to hear so many negative comments but maybe tastes differ. Their salads are crap though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  • fenton likes this

#9 mardhi

mardhi

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

I've eaten pizza there numerous times (eat in not take away) and i've found it consistently good. Having said i always have noticed the Italian owner was there. I'd not be at all surprised if he wasn't that things could go south pretty fast and as is so often the case food gets over cooked. I've lost count if the amount of times i've binned kfc by way of example as chicken way overcooked and brittle let alone dry. Edit come to think of it dont get me started on salmon or lamb. Nuke seems to be only option to many Thais.

Edited by mardhi, 16 April 2018 - 10:52 AM.

• fenton likes this

#10 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

I really had a bad one from Nong Jai, second road.  On appearance you'd of thought everything was ok. I only ate about third of it.  Paid the bill, made it back to the room (I was staying on Soi 10 at the time). I was ill for the rest of the evening. 

I Understand how the OP feels, I never gone back to Nong Jai since that event.

#11 hellah

hellah

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:14 PM

Thailand is not known for it's top quality pizza's. That's why I only eat brazilian-style sushi over here.

• Slacker likes this

#12 fenton

fenton

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

This how deceiving Pizza's can be.

I had this one from Volare, a couple of years ago and it wasn't up to much. Yet, on appearance you'd think yes that's OK.  

As hellah mentioned, pizza's can be hit and miss in LOS.  

Attached Images

• sb151.jpg

Edited by fenton, 16 April 2018 - 01:10 PM.

#13 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:20 AM

Different strokes for different folks. I think Pizza Italy pizza is great and one of the few place I consistently eat pizza . But I like pizzas with tangy tomato sauce. The imported Italian tomato sauce at PI is great IMO.  Saying that I've taken several FM there and they didn't hate it but were not overly impressed. OTOH I find pizza places some others really like boring when I can't taste the sauce. It's just in the way I like my pizza. But it always possible to get a poorly prepared pizza anywhere now and then. 

I had one pizza at Volare before they became fancy and over priced and found it boring. They make a good looking pizza at Da Cionso & Claudio that seems quite popular. Didn't do a lot for me either. I like the style I like... 

#14 carbonara69

carbonara69

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:50 PM

I have eaten pizza both at Pizza Italy and at Volare and I have found them equally good. Looking at the pics posted above, both pizzas look dry, they had probably been in the oven too long. This happens when the oven is not hot enough, it will take longer to cook the base and in the meantime the tomato sauce and the ingredients will dry. Usually this can be the case when it's late in the evening and they are preparing to close.

I tend to agree with Mardhi that the italian owner/cook could not have been there that evening. I had a long chat with him (even about food) and saw him while he was preparing my order and he looked pretty competent.

First picture from Pizza Italy, the second one from Volare

Attached Images

• IMG_20170801_195559.jpg
  • IMG_20170823_220827.jpg

• hanz likes this

#15 MacArthur

MacArthur

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:15 PM

Sorry but for me I can't called this thing a pizza... how Italian natives can make this kind of pizza ???
Oven was clearly not hot enough ..all ingredients dry ,because the so called pizza was way too long in the oven.
Even this was one of the expensive one on the menu ..at 320 baht .. u can clearly see the lack of ingredients on top ...

Dough without flavour..

Funny! I have been there app. 2 years ago and even had to leave a comment on tripadvisor. It was a nightmare and my feelings were exactly like yours: They are Italian! How can they dare serving that pizza that I wouldnt even feed a dog!?

FB_IMG_1523854617219.jpg

• mlay likes this

#16 Want `em both GG or LB

Want `em both GG or LB

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:28 PM

I'm pretty sure that the extra 20 baht charge for takeaway, is for the carry out box.  I've gotta admit, I had a take-out pizza there a couple of weeks ago & thought it was OK.  Just goes to show, that like our ladies, we all have differing tastes.

#17 Len Dtuut

Len Dtuut

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:19 AM

I've never been there when David the Italian owner/chef was not doing the cooking. And I been going for a long time. He seems to be there seven days a week. I go in often enough we talk now and then. It's on the short list of five Italian places I eat at somewhat close to where I stay.

His biggest problem in the past was he could not keep a waitress and had little or no help in the kitchen. I've been there when he was alone and was the waiter, cook and everything else. When I was last there in very late March he had a girl that had been waitress for all of my trip (12 weeks) and he was teaching her to make pizzas. Otherwise most of the time he was doing most all the cooking (if not all). I went in once when he had more customers than usual and it was about 35 minutes before he even had time to make my pizza. While I do love the pizza his service problems can be somewhat annoying at times. Hopefully his latest girl sticks around for a while.

I've eaten pizza at Pizza Italy, Alby and Micky and Da Cionso and Claudio (brick oven) on Soi Buakhao. All are either made by Italians or there is generally always an Italian owner present. The pizza style is very different at each place. So I have no idea what real Italian pizza might be. But I assume it varies by region.      

Yes the 20 baht is for the box.

Edited by Len Dtuut, 18 April 2018 - 01:19 AM.

#18 Scottiem1954

Scottiem1954

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,649 posts
  • Interests:Guess?

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:49 AM

Dough without flavour..
attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1523854617219.jpg

I saw tat piace once and tempted to go there. Something (fully empty and looking sad) stopped me to do so.
320baht for a pizza is a European price!

#19 Scottiem1954

Scottiem1954

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,649 posts
  • Interests:Guess?

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:51 AM

I'm pretty sure that the extra 20 baht charge for takeaway, is for the carry out box.  I've gotta admit, I had a take-out pizza there a couple of weeks ago & thought it was OK.  Just goes to show, that like our ladies, we all have differing tastes.

surely goes for the box, but... if you eat it there you gonna have plate, cutlery, napkin, table and seat for no cost...
So a take away with a free box is still a saving for the restaurant.

#20 hanz

hanz

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:40 AM

A word to the wise... be careful when posting negative reviews of restaurants in Pattaya. 

https://www.thaivisa...-review-online/

Edited by hanz, 18 April 2018 - 04:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users