mlay

Pizza Italy, Worst Pizza In Pattaya

Rate this topic

I strongly prefer DaCionso & Claudio in Soi Buakao. Great pizza for my taste, but the pasta (especially with bolognese sauce) should be avoided.
If someone is interested in a more up-market italian, Toscana in Central Pattaya is a good address. The italian owner does not only run this restaurant, he also has a farm outside Pattaya. So he is making his own sausages (try the salami plate - but be warned, its huge!) from his own animals.
Toscana is located on Beach Rd just a few feet down from Soi 6/1.
They also have a huge selection of wines as well as grappas on the menu.
For a decent 3-course dinner you should calculate about 1,000 - 1,500 BHT / person plus wine and/or grappa.

As previously mentioned,  preferences on pizza is much like beer, drink and girls.... they vary widely...

BUT..... that photo in the OP looks like crap.   Is that the pepperoni and hot dog special ?   akkkkk

A word to the wise... be careful when posting negative reviews of restaurants in Pattaya. 

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1030931-pattaya-expat-threatened-with-jail-after-posting-negative-restaurant-review-online/

jasus , i speed read through 21 pages of comment about an unnamed restaurant and never read the name of the eating house in question . never again ! 

Best Italian Pizza is at Grottino on Soi 33 Naklua - on right hand side of the Soi 33

No Thick Crust, Chicago (not in Italy), Cheese Filled, Fat Bastard Pizza - just normal original Napoli style Pizza.

https://www.facebook.com/Grottino-Restaurant-Pizzeria-533421586792058/?rf=208881199292408

Excellent.

Owned by Antonio who is a terrific guy.

Inside and Outside dining

Best Italian Pizza is at Grottino on Soi 33 Naklua - on right hand side of the Soi 33

No Thick Crust, Chicago (not in Italy), Cheese Filled, Fat Bastard Pizza - just normal original Napoli style Pizza.

https://www.facebook.com/Grottino-Restaurant-Pizzeria-533421586792058/?rf=208881199292408

Excellent.

Owned by Antonio who is a terrific guy.

Inside and Outside dining

Seconded! No contest.

https://youtu.be/6l8KXJaiZ8Q

...Now some of you can tell me I have no taste in Italian food. :) :) :)

Well done Len for posting a comprehensive list of favourites - I'm sure other BMs will find something to debate. I find that because of the weather my appetite diminishes a fair bit on Thai trips. Small Thai meals seem to sit better on my stomach as opposed to a gigantic carb load-out with pizza and pasta.

During my first visit to Pattaya (just for a few hours and for real business) I was taken to an Italian restaurant into one of the mall, it could be central, festival, no clue as I visited both in 30minute)

Owner seemed Italian speiaking Swiss influenced german - food was good,

I can’t recall the name of the place, maybe the owner is called Domenico but I can’t swear

Any hint?

I usually eat at Grottino's when I go to Naklua. Their pizza is good but not my favorite. I often have pasta.The old owner had Italian sausage as a pizza topping, somewhat rare, which seems to be gone now. The old owner was a major jerk IMO. He used to yell at the Thai staff for the slightest perceived error. I stopped going for a couple of years for this reason. It was a very uncomfortable setting. But stopped in a trip or two ago and there were younger guys running the place so it's much more enjoyable. Lots or air conditioned space inside if you walk in far enough to see the room off to the side.  

Edited by Len Dtuut

In Pattaya , I like Fire and Stone on Pattaya Klang....  their dough is very good.  Also New York Pizza House on Sai 3 for delivery.... 

I never order pasta in a restaurant because it is simply too easy to make it myself , usually better than the restaurants anyway.

I understand a lot of people don't know how to cook , but that's fine...

One of the best pizzas I had in Pattaya was at one place off the beaten track that I found by accident. Owned by two italien brothers.
I forgot the name. It was located on a site street of pattaya klang, opposite Soi Buakaew.

When I wanted to visit this January I found the placed shut. Propably due to lack of passing trade.
Perhaps they moved shop to a busier area.

O.

One of the best pizzas I had in Pattaya was at one place off the beaten track that I found by accident. Owned by two italien brothers.

I forgot the name. It was located on a site street of pattaya klang, opposite Soi Buakaew.

When I wanted to visit this January I found the placed shut. Propably due to lack of passing trade.

Perhaps they moved shop to a busier area.

O.

This place was most likely the old DaCionso restaurant in Soi 14 Pty Klang.

Those two brothers (?) nicknamed "Peppino" and "DaCionso" have retired in June '16. The place was taken over by a young italian named Mario Vigilante who did rename the restaurant to "PFM restaurant". Mario had an terrible accident last year which did cost him one foot, he returned to Italy.

The name "DaCionso" continues to live on in the "DaCionso & Claudio" restaurant in soi Buakao (opp. jct. with soi MIT). But the old men are no longer seen there. The only italian there is now Claudio. He takes care of the italian customers but is not preparing food.

Edited by 57Chevy

It was a take away... no delivery

So adding 20 baht for that is just a rip off .. IMO.

I was there around 22h45.

there is a board saying “free delivery”....

Back to OP

I have been there and wasn’t impressed by the prices from 280baht up. Not far from honest and straight places back in their homeland.

Each one has his tastes so I don’t wan to debate on the “finishing” of the product,

Content was ok, nothing to brag about.

Far too expensive are the pasta dishes taken into account there is no extra around the place as “decoration”, “top service”, “ambiance” etc.

Their large tv screen is based on iPhone feed from their WiFi feed. Forget about reliability to watch a sport program from start to end. Poor service and cheap Charlie saving on a digital purpose made tv box.

Would cost a few baths a month, but you, it’s not for the kids at home. It’s fir a business place. Invest some money in it!