Rate this topic

Very good in the air, but lousy on the ground in Istanbul. Lack of English to customers, and poor attitude. If you are in Busíness class , a very good lounge. Enjoy your trip ! dannymurray.

Very good airline. One of the best outside of Asia, especially for the price. Cant be beat for price, yet good attention. Food good too....the lounge at IST airport has great food.

I still like Emirates and Cathay and Japan better but for the non Asians, Turkish Airlines is very good value.

flown once, never again. Flight itself was still going, but Istanbul airport is a disaster. Incredibly busy, too little seating, poor wifi, rude staff.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T535 met Tapatalk

The problem of Turkish and so is the dame with the gulf airlines is the fact they are more or less in the middle of the trip from Europe to Asia. What can be a non stop flight (or a short leg and then a long one) is split into two “smaller”;flights with a transfer connection from 2 to 3 hours (sometime much more)

I rate this as a nuisance: connection, terminal walks, security checks, etc...

If you have german passport better think twice as there have been issues, although i think for just transiting would be ok.

There is no passport check if you transit.

Tons of German companies are Dong business in turkey, so I don’t think being German represents an issue in turkey

There is no passport check if you transit.

Tons of German companies are Dong business in turkey, so I don’t think being German represents an issue in turkey

There has been several reports of german tourists got arrested for no reason. They were used for negotiations a usual tactic for Erdogan's goverment .

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-turkey-tourism/germany-warns-against-turkey-travel-after-spate-of-arrests-idUSKCN1BG2BW

What i experienced a few months ago at istanbul airport is that a couple of german tourists were denied entrance. There were shocked as they have visited Turkey in the past and never had problems.

I do agree though that on a transit case there should be no problem.

Edited by mikegr

There has been several reports of german tourists got arrested for no reason. They were used for negotiations a usual tactic for Erdogan's goverment .

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-turkey-tourism/germany-warns-against-turkey-travel-after-spate-of-arrests-idUSKCN1BG2BW

What i experienced a few months ago at istanbul airport is that a couple of german tourists were denied entrance. There were shocked as they have visited Turkey in the past and never had problems.

I do agree though that on a transit case there should be no problem.

with a dictatorial madman like Erdoğan you never know. Before you know it, they accuse you of taking part in the coup. Which, by the way, he had set up himself. He had nicely copied Hitler.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T535 met Tapatalk