Rate this topic

Been using Turkish Airlines every month for a year for getting to work and back. It is OK, staff need a few lessons in how to communicate with customers a bit more politely but it is a reliable service. The new airport opens at the end of this month. Have to see what that is like.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:10 AM, Twest said:

I hear ya. Well it flies to 120 countries, more than any other airline and in the absence of a real threat for $2K difference vs Qatar for business class from the US I'll risk it. :)

Because their seat configuration is 2-3-2. Instead of 1-2-1. Almost double seat number per row. 

On 9/30/2018 at 11:45 PM, Blodstrupmoen said:

Yeah.. just that Thailand isn't involved in a giant international military conflict with one of it's neighbours :ph34r:

Well......

They are, actually.

Malaysia.

Velvet Glove.

:)

2 hours ago, mikegr said:

Because their seat configuration is 2-3-2. Instead 1-2-1. Almost double seat number per row. 

On the same plane 777 ER Qatar business is 2-2-2. Still less seats. I've flown both  and from a comfort standpoint did not notice any difference. $2K  is a lot of ST 555

The new airport will be delayed Ive heard for a number of reasons... one of which being the workers haven't been paid for a while with the collapse of the Lira the past month or two and they've slowed way down on the construction progress.   The original plan was to move EVERYTHING from the old Airport in Yesilkoy to the new one in one weekend.   That in itself is pretty amazing.   However now, I believe they're going to just do a few flights maybe from other airlines like Pegasus etc, to say the airport is "open for business".. but it really won't be ready for the numbers of passengers and jets Turkish Airlines has.   

I used to work for Turkish Airlines and the people there are lovely, but I agree with everything you have all mentioned.   The cabin crew seldom came to the cockpit to chat with us because their English was substandard... too bad because they were quite nice themselves.   The food was exemplary!!      

Here's a link in Turkish but has some decent pics.   

http://www.airporthaber.com/havacilik-haberleri/bakan-arslan-3-havalimaninda.html

Kap

I have an good offer from Turkish Airlines for december. It would be number 12.th and my flight back would be back 1st january at late evening. So i could spend happy new year in Pattaya..Even with my eyes history it would be not at official places.

IBoth r night flights. Never been at Istanbul airport. Is everything easy to find? I still have oil in my eye. The time window is big enough

6 hours ago, Maracana_130714 said:

I have an good offer from Turkish Airlines for december. It would be number 12.th and my flight back would be back 1st january at late evening. So i could spend happy new year in Pattaya..Even with my eyes history it would be not at official places.

IBoth r night flights. Never been at Istanbul airport. Is everything easy to find? I still have oil in my eye. The time window is big enough

No. Its messy, huge to walk, expensive,  wi fi sucks and stuff is un helpfull. But if layover time is reasonable you should be ok. Last time my flight delayed 90 minutes, perfect time to loose my connection but might was company's fault. 

None of us will see this new airport for some time as they are only flying domestic flights into and out of there for now and the transition of all flights will no longer be over a weekend but rather spread out over time....  Good idea!!   

Kap

Edited by Kapitan

13 hours ago, mikegr said:

No. Its messy, huge to walk, expensive,  wi fi sucks and stuff is un helpfull. But if layover time is reasonable you should be ok. Last time my flight delayed 90 minutes, perfect time to loose my connection but might was company's fault. 

Thx for the info. I would have 2 hours 45 min. at Ista airport.

But what u wrote about.the airport turns me off. And Erdogan's country is not my favourite one! To post in harmless words

2 hours ago, Maracana_130714 said:

Thx for the info. I would have 2 hours 45 min. at Ista airport.

But what u wrote about.the airport turns me off. And Erdogan's country is not my favourite one! To post in harmless words

Me neither but if the price is correct you should be fine especially if you dont clear customs. 

Saudia have ocassionaly some incredible deals on business class as low as 720 rountrip (to Malaysia).  If i find it may take it again,worth the trouble. 

11 hours ago, mikegr said:

Me neither but if the price is correct you should be fine especially if you dont clear customs. 

Saudia have ocassionaly some incredible deals on business class as low as 720 rountrip (to Malaysia).  If i find it may take it again,worth the trouble. 

saudia omg!

The country which slaughter humans!

4 hours ago, Maracana_130714 said:

saudia omg!

The country which slaughter humans!

Dont worry, you re not going to enter it as they wont allow you. 

Definitely paying economy and getting business is worth the trouble transitting there. 

Also 2 years ago scored ist to kul for 420 with singapore airlines. So istanbul is a possible option for me. 

Some even try cairo airport which is even more lousy, have noticed qatar fares around 250 rountrip but these are gone now. 

On 11/10/2018 at 12:25 PM, Maracana_130714 said:

Enough with Hitlogans and camel fuckers! I fly with Thai!

Was looking for one way ticket KUL to LHR, Thai was the cheapest, just 233 euros. 

But boring 12 hours in economy neither want to spend 800+ for upgrade.