Sign in to follow this  
blueyes

Extending A 30 Day Stamp-Part 2

Rate this topic

Just want to relay my experience at the massive government offices here in Bangkok.  its near the Don Mueang Airport, north of Mo Chit.

I posted a thread a few months ago and what happened.  The experience wasnt bad at all.  It took a little longer than last time but not outrageous.  What was outrageous was the traffic just getting back to the Mo Chit BTS station!!!!

Anyway i digress.  Walked into the building at about 920 and got my queue number at about 925.  got number 63 but they were only on 13-DOH!!!  This is gonna be a long wait. Waited a bit and had a wander around.  Got back they were all the way up to 35!!!  Read a bit and the numbers started moving a bit more. My number came up at about 1100.  Had the forms filled out, paid the 1,900 baht.  Retreated to the waiting area and got my passport back about 5 minutes later.

Out the door at about 1110 a bit less than 2 hours before I arrived.  I had my pics taken and copies made before i got there so i didnt have to schlepp around to do all that.  Its pretty easy as they have a big area to do those things.  its so much better than schlepping out of the country.  Not too bad!