7 replies to this topic

#1 woodyhoo

woodyhoo

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:37 PM

I was wondering if anyone has experienced requests for donations from seemingly genuine people met on media ?

On Facebook i met a gg who is working in a money exchange in BKK got friendly and saw photos of her at work office etc.

Im sure she was working as stated ,then one day she tells me that she has made a mistake and paid out 10,000 baht too much and is now liable .....can i help?

Next is a ladyboy,met on TF, teacher in sakon nakorn ,again with pics of school and classrooom ,so is genuine.

She tells me that she is going to BKK to get bolt-ons but only has 40,000 baht ........can i help?

Next occurred this morning from a gg ,met on TF,working in khon kaen money exchange,again she said that she made a mistake ,used euro rate instead of dollar rate and is down 3900 baht ,which she will have to pay.........can i help?

This year i subscribed to Thaifriendly and i found it very useful,i set my preferences as looking for women so as well as meeting ladyboys i get many contacts from GGs.

One thing i found was that in many cases the photos are a bad representation of what one might actually meet so i only use it for contact ,then always meet first and never ask an unseen straight to my room.

Perhaps i should change my pic as  maybe the one displayed on TF marks me as a sucker?

#2 sjsharks

sjsharks

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

POPULAR

I was wondering if anyone has experienced requests for donations from seemingly genuine people met on media ?

On Facebook i met a gg who is working in a money exchange in BKK got friendly and saw photos of her at work office etc.

Im sure she was working as stated ,then one day she tells me that she has made a mistake and paid out 10,000 baht too much and is now liable .....can i help?

Next is a ladyboy,met on TF, teacher in sakon nakorn ,again with pics of school and classrooom ,so is genuine.

She tells me that she is going to BKK to get bolt-ons but only has 40,000 baht ........can i help?

Next occurred this morning from a gg ,met on TF,working in khon kaen money exchange,again she said that she made a mistake ,used euro rate instead of dollar rate and is down 3900 baht ,which she will have to pay.........can i help?

This year i subscribed to Thaifriendly and i found it very useful,i set my preferences as looking for women so as well as meeting ladyboys i get many contacts from GGs.

One thing i found was that in many cases the photos are a bad representation of what one might actually meet so i only use it for contact ,then always meet first and never ask an unseen straight to my room.

Perhaps i should change my pic as  maybe the one displayed on TF marks me as a sucker?

You know the easiest way to stop these attempted scams? Stop talking them when you are not in Thailand !
  • gaga, oldlover, Solice and 3 others like this

#3 Justaguy54

Justaguy54

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

You know the easiest way to stop these attempted scams? Stop talking them when you are not in Thailand !

This works for me, and is pretty simple to implement.... 

#4 petesie

petesie

LB Connoisseur

• 15,445 posts
  • Interests:Same as the rest of ye!

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:19 PM

The 'Sick Buffalo' comes in many forms.  :blink:

#5 jeje

jeje

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:40 AM

The Thais are amateurs compared to the Filipinos. A mate of mine is on date in Asia looking for girls and on many occasions the first thing that comes out of their mouths is "i am looking for someone to help me ". Also he has met some quite well off women and when he says that he lives in a small house and drive's a bus they block him 555. Mate just spend your money there whilst in Thailand and take the above advice which is very knowledgeable. If your lonely and need a friend in farangland buy a budgie.

#6 putytat

putytat

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:23 AM

In many cases, the biggest differences between those on dating sites who work in a bars and those who work in an office, is the hours they work and the hours they are online. The mindsets are the same, as are the games that are played. Those who work in offices, open all the apps on their desktops as soon as they start work and leave them on all day. Those that sit in bars do the same on their phones. The games, requests for money and general bullshit are the same. 

This is the same for golf caddies, many restaurant workers and hotel workers. The games, bullshit stories and silly requests for money are the same, it is just the method and location of delivery that are different. At times, those who work the bars are more honest.

• woodyhoo likes this

#7 Buddyy

Buddyy

Wicked LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:22 AM

Lately I find they more often just come right out with it. "Today my birthday, what you send for me?"

Stuff like that. I just tell them. "Sorry I not send, never do"

This way you don't have to lose contact if you like the chatting.

Occasionally you have to drop one on account of their shameless begging, it's inescapable

#8 sjsharks

sjsharks

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:23 PM

Lately I find they more often just come right out with it. "Today my birthday, what you send for me?"
Stuff like that. I just tell them. "Sorry I not send, never do"
This way you don't have to lose contact if you like the chatting.
Occasionally you have to drop one on account of their shameless begging, it's inescapable

I always tell them I will give them twice what they gave me on my birthday. :)
  • chris2004 and putytat like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users