Sign in to follow this  
odotor

Is It Worth The Moneyß

Rate this topic

I have been in Pattaya for Christmas and New Year 2017/2018..

1) the service at Emirates dose not get better, just by paying more for the ticket.. The rise the price, bc they know it is holidays and people accept to pay more, bc they sometimes have no other choice..

2) There is more entitlement of the girls, they are pickier, and in many occasions ask for more money.. Hotelprices are also higher.. There as well, the service dose not get better..

3) Town is full of competition..

To answer your question, if you are willing to compete more for the girls, pay more for your room and flights, and liking Pattaya fairly crowded, then go for it..

I am not cheap, but I do like to have a choice, this comming Christmas, I will rather stay at home..

Competition

Do you not pay them fir their services

There is no competition per say and I actually prefer it when the bars are busy and there is a buzz or good vibe in a bar and everyone is having a good time.

Empty bars are less enticing for me.

There are plenty of girls to go around fir everyone

Edited by Chicarito1974

ive been there over christmas twice

unless you are at the mall you wouldn't know it was going on so i'd say no.

it's high season and they don't celebrate it...unless the girls wanting gifts cause they know you're a westerner and you celebrate it

Competition

Do you not pay them fir their services

There is no competition per say and I actually prefer it when the bars are busy and there is a buzz or good vibe in a bar and everyone is having a good time.

Empty bars are less enticing for me.

There are plenty of girls to go around fir everyone

Yea, you have a point, it is busier, and it is sometimes better to have another 4 or 5 guys in the bar, just not to be in the center of attention of all girls.. Usualy the girls I seek in GG bars, are already occupied.. But I have to admit, I normaly go for the stunner, for the eyecandy..

Edited by silentmoebius78

In 25 years I have done xmas twice. First time was my very first trip, another about 8 years later. I would NEVER go  at xmas  again.  Maximum prices, everything is packed/full, basically I hated it.

I would imagine these days with massively increase base numbers since the early noughties, that todays xmas period would be nothing short of horrifying.Maybe you can try it and do a trip report to let us all know the up to date intel.

December i think is the best time to visit. Best weather and Bangkok is in full holiday retail mode.

Good atmosphere around the place and means i don't have to be in cold blighty watching old tv reruns.

Also depends on how much family you have left etc. If i could only visit Thailand once a year it would be

December and the new year.  

Increase in prices across the board, only to miss something that happens once a year anyway doesn't sound great; could not be arsed with it being more crowded also haha.  

But still I do think about it a lot.

Why do you want to visit over the xmas period? Is that when you can book your leave from work?

Because I'm forced to take anual leave between Christmas and New year. I don't want to waste those days freezing back in Farangland.

Were u looking? am flying in decmber for 500

I was looking at skyscanner and the Emirates website (I'm in their frequent flyer program).

Tell me your secret. I'm all ears.

Edited by odotor

I have been in Pattaya for Christmas and New Year 2017/2018..

1) the service at Emirates dose not get better, just by paying more for the ticket.. The rise the price, bc they know it is holidays and people accept to pay more, bc they sometimes have no other choice..

2) There is more entitlement of the girls, they are pickier, and in many occasions ask for more money.. Hotelprices are also higher.. There as well, the service dose not get better..

To answer your question, if you are willing to compete more for the girls, pay more for your room and flights, and liking Pattaya fairly crowded, then go for it..

I am not cheap, but I do like to have a choice, this comming Christmas, I will rather stay at home..

Thanks for you opinion. You do have some valid points.

I'll think about them.

Spent the last 7 xmas and New Year there, like you i get my anual leave then, It makes sense for me to go then, you just need to get your heat round the £1000 flight, after that relax and have a great time, especially new years eve

Spent the last 7 xmas and New Year there, like you i get my anual leave then, It makes sense for me to go then, you just need to get your heat round the £1000 flight, after that relax and have a great time, especially new years eve

555 I was in Pattaya new years eve a couple of years ago, but I was everything but relaxed.

Thais and Farang alike throwing these homemade bombs around. Scary.

Hopefully they are outlawed by now.

O.

Edited by odotor

In 25 years I have done xmas twice. First time was my very first trip, another about 8 years later. I would NEVER go  at xmas  again.  Maximum prices, everything is packed/full, basically I hated it.

I would imagine these days with massively increase base numbers since the early noughties, that todays xmas period would be nothing short of horrifying.Maybe you can try it and do a trip report to let us all know the up to date intel.

wadshooter, your post helped me to make up my mind. Thank you for that.

Going in November.

O.

555 I was in Pattaya new years eve a couple of years ago, but I was everything but relaxed.

Thais and Farang alike throwing these homemade bombs around. Scary.

Hopefully they are outlawed by now.

O.

go up north and wait for the guns to come out, you get a good party up there

Because I'm forced to take anual leave between Christmas and New year. I don't want to waste those days freezing back in Farangland.

Years ago I was in the same position. Check flights on xmas day onwards. It is busier, but not unbearable.

I was looking at skyscanner and the Emirates website (I'm in their frequent flyer program).

Tell me your secret. I'm all ears.

expedia looking at booked 3rd december to 28th december no stops fer 530 return but i booked when it was 510 Edited by xcom

theres no competition in lb bars

theres no competition in lb bars

I specified my point a few posts further down, mentioning GG Bars, me wanting to go for the eyecandy and always seeing them occupied already.. Happened to me many times in GoGo Bars.. In Ldb Bars I usualy get what I want..