Knobby

Germany To Bangkok

Rate this topic

What did Turkish Airlines come in at?, with the new airport at Istanbul you might find a keener price?

Istanbul new airport?

There is no new airport in Istanbul.

There are plans to make a new huge airport for over 100 millions passengers. But still a plan.

Istanbul new airport?

There is no new airport in Istanbul.

There are plans to make a new huge airport for over 100 millions passengers. But still a plan.

They say end of october although i doubt if it becomes operational in 2018.

Turkish announced their first test landing weeks ago but didnt post any video

Edited by mikegr

I started a thread a few weeks back, it was going to be operational by October this year and since Knobby wants to fly in Jan 2019 it may be a viable option for him. 

I believe the airport will increase its capacity in phases and as you said 100 million passengers a year which is a puts it right up there with Hartsfield-Jackson, Atlanta.

So I would expect prices to be very keen from Turkish Airlines :).

They say end of october although i doubt if it becomes operational in 2018.

Turkish announced their first test landing weeks ago but didnt post any video

operational 2018 means today we should see plenty of pictures and just details would be missing.

Runaways landing aids need quite some time for proper calibration.

I thought one or both of the Taiwan Airlines (Eva Air or China Airlines) operate direct Flights FRA-BKK

I’m usually observing 777’s in the livery of China Airlines on stand.

That doesn't surprise me, because of the amount of connections from Frankfurt.

Knobby has a multitude of choices from here, I think he's looking for the keenest price for the simple reason getting to Frankfurt is going to add to the cost of the trip. I'm afraid he should be budgeting for this instead of trying to offset it with the cheapest flight considering Jan in Thailand is high season and the demand is there for flights.  Good for him to start looking now.  He's quoted 317 Euros and I think you can't do better than that on price and just endure the stopover if your going to LOS for 2 weeks +

I hope he gets lucky. I consider myself thankful I'm equidistant from Birmingham or Manchester in the UK. The cost of a taxi is acceptable.

Edited by fenton

I thought one or both of the Taiwan Airlines (Eva Air or China Airlines) operate direct Flights FRA-BKK.

Frequently I’m in and out of Frankfurt airport, and while on the bus between the aircraft & terminal building I’m usually observing 777’s in the livery of China Airlines on stand.

EVA dont fly there.

Well if it was me I'd go with that m8, make an inquiry about purchasing a pass for the business lounge if its long stop over. The Business lounge isn't too much, about £30 or so but First class is around the £100 mark easily.

good tip

That doesn't surprise me, because of the amount of connections from Frankfurt.

Knobby has a multitude of choices from here, I think he's looking for the keenest price for the simple reason getting to Frankfurt is going to add to the cost of the trip. I'm afraid he should be budgeting for this instead of trying to offset it with the cheapest flight considering Jan in Thailand is high season and the demand is there for flights.  Good for him to start looking now.  He's quoted 317 Euros and I think you can't do better than that on price and just endure the stopover if your going to LOS for 2 weeks +

I hope he gets lucky. I consider myself thankful I'm equidistant from Birmingham or Manchester in the UK. The cost of a taxi is acceptable.

You could well be right there,

Looks like if I wanna fly direct only then its gonna be over 750 euros.

A 1 stop will be from 300 to 500 euros. A 1 stop flight would also depend on the stop over time and what time it lands into BKK.

So may well have to save more to allow for the high direct price.

This also depends on where I am working closer to the time. IF am still in Germany then its from Frankfurt. If not then LHR.

I was looking as prices now out of interest and see what options I have and what budget I would need to work with.

Tell ya what, the trains are cheap here.

Got my tickets for a mini break in September. So going from Mannheim to Frankfurt International via the ICE train, cost 44 euro and takes about 30 mins. Thats good I think.

Am in Mannheim and Frankfurt is about 40 mins by road or 1.30 hours by rail.

Might consider another airport if parking is cheap etc etc

Sounds interesting^I l live in Mannheim sibe i was born!!!! Try 

Got my tickets for a mini break in September. So going from Mannheim to Frankfurt International via the ICE train, cost 44 euro and takes about 30 mins. Thats good I think.

Definately not cheap. I did from napoli to rome with fast train, 1 hour, 25 euros. Old train was 15. Edited by mikegr

How heavy and how big is your suitcase m8?

Unfortunately I am having to use Ryanair so will be using a flight case and laptop bag 

Sounds interesting^I l live in Mannheim sibe i was born!!!! Try 

Will be vlogging it

Definately not cheap. I did from napoli to rome with fast train, 1 hour, 25 euros. Old train was 15.

thats just being tight  :Smile 2:

One way? Then its not cheap.

Two way its good for a ICE.

19€ is the cheapest, if you take a standard train.

On 7/16/2018 at 10:08 AM, Chefkoch said:

One way? Then its not cheap.

Two way its good for a ICE.

19€ is the cheapest, if you take a standard train.

No thats return

AFAIK, Oman is constantly offering the best rates, albeit with terrible stopover times.

I would suggest to check the portal sites to compare prices.

From Staralliance, Austrian and Swiss are often also offering rates far below LH and Thai, with a really short stopover in the efficient and relatively small airports VIE and ZUR, increasing the flight times of a direct flight by just 1 - 1.5 hours.

Another direct flight, albeit not so convenient from Mannheim, is with Eurowings from Cologne (they are in the process of transferring of Dusseldorf), easily reachable by rail with InterCity. Relatively cheap, but expect a RyanAir-style service.

Edited by insearchofxxx

13 hours ago, insearchofxxx said:

AFAIK, Oman is constantly offering the best rates, albeit with terrible stopover times.

I would suggest to check the portal sites to compare prices.

From Staralliance, Austrian and Swiss are often also offering rates far below LH and Thai, with a really short stopover in the efficient and relatively small airports VIE and ZUR, increasing the flight times of a direct flight by just 1 - 1.5 hours.

Another direct flight, albeit not so convenient from Mannheim, is with Eurowings from Cologne (they are in the process of transferring of Dusseldorf), easily reachable by rail with InterCity. Relatively cheap, but expect a RyanAir-style service.

Thanks for the intel, will check those. Some I hadn't thought of.

As its a case of all work and no play at the moment here in Germany for me I had a few mins to spare after another long day :Phew:

(I have just enough time after work for a quick workout then get food etc ready for next day then bed)

So I was looking at flight prices , as you do, it would be cheaper (by a little bit) to fly back to LHR then fly to BKK that way ! :blink:

Thai still quoting over 750 euros and even the 1 stop flights are over 500.

Looked at flying into Zurich which is also cheaper like going to LHR.

What puts me off is the extra travelling time.

Ah well looks like I just have to bite the bullet and save more then fly from Germany... :Grumpy:

You could try Austrian or Swiss, Austrian has a new Premium Economy. I flew both of them from Amsterdam. Normally i fly direct with Eva,but Swiss and Austrian sometimes have good offers in Business. I am sure you can have a good deal from Frankfurt also

9 hours ago, trans69 said:

You could try Austrian or Swiss, Austrian has a new Premium Economy. I flew both of them from Amsterdam. Normally i fly direct with Eva,but Swiss and Austrian sometimes have good offers in Business. I am sure you can have a good deal from Frankfurt also

Yea? I hadn't  thought of them. I was wondering that it cant just be Lufthansa and thai the only direct flights from Frankfurt?

41 minutes ago, Knobby said:

Yea? I hadn't  thought of them. I was wondering that it cant just be Lufthansa and thai the only direct flights from Frankfurt?

Sorry,my mistake. Happens when English is not even your second language. With Swiss or Austrian you have a stop-over in either Zurich or Vienna. They are both part of the Lufthansa-groupe.. Both are small airports,so no long waiting in line for customs.  I found their tickets to be far cheaper than Lufthansa, It is worth looking at it,i think. Btw, With KLM,the tickets from Germany via Amsterdam to Bangkok are cheaper than direct KLM A'dam-BKK

Edited by trans69