Sign in to follow this  
IRONicMAN

Samsung S9

Rate this topic

Just being curious what’s it like hands on, as it’s getting good reviews online.

Considered to be the best phone this year, but not selling as well as they thought because its basically a tweaked S8.

Far superior to anything that gets churned out of Korea but never the cheaper option.

There's different variants of the S9, one running on a snapdragon processor and another running on samsung's own chip. I think the Chinese variant has more memory as well.

All round performance you can't complain really.  But is it worth the money?

I like my Edge S7, still tied to Vodafone till September so by then will probably miss the S9 and the S10 will be out 555.

I missed the S6 & S8 because of 24 month contracts.

Phone prices are getting ridiculous and they get updated within a year or less, and  batteries in most phones are non replacable, that you update anyway getting as dear as PCs soon.

dear as PCs soon.

A galaxy S9+, sim free is £800, whilst an S9 is £640 (approx prices).

You could definitely get yourself a basic gaming laptop for £800, which is more than enough poke for the average user.  Or a 13" notebook mid ranged spec, here in the UK.

A friend has one and he has just switched from iPhone. He loves it and takes pictures for work and enthuses about the better quality. I got over iPhones a while back but recently saw a few shots another friend had taken on his iPhone X under challenging conditions at a concert - excellent quality. Failing this, the Huawei P20 Pro is cheaper and has got some great reviews.

The samsung s9 plus, entry is 128gb and about 200 and odd pound cheaper than the x, in saying that Samsung's newest note when it comes out will not be shy of the thousand mark.

Anything more than 600 for a phone is scandalous, but as long as we continue to pay for it , then things will not change.

in saying that Samsung's newest note when it comes out will not be shy of the thousand mark.

What I've found with Samsung they tend to drop the price over the quarters by the time its got to second quarter its halfway through its product cycle.

Yes I think, the new iteration of the note will be expensive but it has a cult following, a Samsung mutation that kick started a niche in the market, the phablet.

My only gripe with Samsung is the "Touchwhiz" interface for its android products.

The Chinese manufacturers are eroding Samsung's market share. But Samsung have an innovative culture and have started to fight back (they have just extended their manufacturing facility in India, a serious investment).  They invest heavily in RnD.

Will Samsung survive? yes they have a finger in every pie.  You'd be surprised what business sectors the business operates in.

Edited by fenton

Anything more than 600 for a phone is scandalous, but as long as we continue to pay for it

whilst an S9 is £640 (approx prices).

Only £40 out of your range, usually this time of year they, Samsung will bundle something with the phone, so the £40 is essentially negated.

The s9+, just pips the iPhone as it ain't as restrictive, less expensive, however the samsung gear range of watches are in my opinion, definitely no where near as good as the Apple watch , decided to give samsung a bash , but will see what Apple has to offer at the end of the year , maybe switch back.

You definitely miss imessaging.

The s9+, just pips the iPhone as it ain't as restrictive, less expensive, however the samsung gear range of watches are in my opinion, definitely no where near as good as the Apple watch , decided to give samsung a bash , but will see what Apple has to offer at the end of the year , maybe switch back.

You definitely miss imessaging.

Cheers for the iPhone X mate. Luv it !

No problems mate, it's one of the best phones out there, but after years using iOS, I decided to see what all the Android buzz was about.

And if I don't like, I will be back to iOS.

The Samsung is already cased and screen protected up lol