fenton

New Security Rules

Rate this topic

Along with Liquids, powders are going to restricted to certain weights in hand baggage in the UK.

Details are a bit sketchy because different papers are saying different amounts and to add to the confusion quoting grams and ounces 55.  (28 gs is an ounce near enough and 31gs is a troy ounce, which one).

Edited by fenton

My advice?

Trowel up, get on the plane.

Get off, shower;

Hit a 7/11. Get the "Care Baby Powder Pink".

The Gals Luuuurve it.

Trowel it on. Hit the Bars...........

It's cheaper anyway.

Good Luck.

:)

I got bollocked by airport security a couple of trips back about liquids, I was within the designated amount and had placed it in a clear plastic bag and then they said to me it shouldn't be in your hand baggage whilst being screened, yet it wasn't an issue on previous trips.

So I just wish they would clarify the situation to avoid delays at security (I think a public service announcement on TV would be a very good idea)

charlie says.jpg

I got bollocked by airport security a couple of trips back about liquids, I was within the designated amount and had placed it in a clear plastic bag and then they said to me it shouldn't be in your hand baggage whilst being screened, yet it wasn't an issue on previous trips.

So I just wish they would clarify the situation to avoid delays at security (I think a public service announcement on TV would be a very good idea)

as much as the whole matter is a joke, the rule has always been that the plastic sealed (zip) bag, max content 1lt and individual max capacity of the the bottles to be 100ml, even if half empty) must go through the X Ray machine out of the trolley bag.

Whether some did not enforce the rule, they broke the rule.

as much as the whole matter is a joke, the rule has always been that the plastic sealed (zip) bag, max content 1lt and individual max capacity of the the bottles to be 100ml, even if half empty) must go through the X Ray machine out of the trolley bag.

Whether some did not enforce the rule, they broke the rule.

I have no problem with following the rules, but they are not clearly stated at the airport I fly from, in fact the rules have been in place for 10 years or so and it still creates confusion and thus delays.

Its the introduction of new rules with powders, such as mother and baby (baby milk?) what are they going to do then?

Little-Britain-bitty-reaction-gif-paul-knightley-sam-faiers-gif.gif

Edited by fenton

Along with Liquids, powders are going to restricted to certain weights in hand baggage in the UK.

Details are a bit sketchy because different papers are saying different amounts and to add to the confusion quoting grams and ounces 55.  (28 gs is an ounce near enough and 31gs is a troy ounce, which one).

Airline passengers could face restrictions on carrying powder in hand luggage as part of a new security crackdown, The Times has learnt.

The government is considering imposing new rules on items such as baby powder, cosmetics, coffee, spices and protein mixes on all flights to and from the UK.

The move would bring Britain into line with the United States, Australia and New Zealand, which imposed restrictions on powder in hand luggage at the end of last month. The measures have been introduced in response to a foiled plot to blow up an Etihad aircraft flying from Sydney to Abu Dhabi last year. The Islamic State-inspired attackers planned to place the explosive device on a flight last July but failed to get it past security.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/baby-powder-and-coffee-to-be-banned-from-airline-hand-luggage-hf8fp3gr3

(my highlighting)

Its the introduction of new rules with powders, such as mother and baby (baby milk?) what are they going to do then?

Liquid bag: just take it at all times and you will be fine as 90% of airports will anyhow require so.

Powders: never heard of it, but no surprise with these nuts setting the rules.

From one side they ask you not to put in the checked baggage a lot of items (as lithium batteries, power banks etc, plus valuable incl a laptop, forbidden even if you want to take the risk)

On the other side they bother you with cabin trolley weight.

Then you can’t take a 150ml spray can or bottle even if they are clearly nearly empty, but you can carry an empty bottle!

Essential items are ruled on board.

FFS, do those guys setting the rules ever fly?

Look I know the score with regards to liquids and electronic devices etc, As I've said before this declaration of intent has come as a surprise and quite a bit of ambiguity regarding weights etc.  With it approaching peak holiday season here in the UK its going to be utter chaos at security, should the rules be implemented.

Edited by fenton

Liquid bag: just take it at all times and you will be fine as 90% of airports will anyhow require so.

From one side they ask you not to put in the checked baggage a lot of items (as lithium batteries, power banks etc, plus valuable incl a laptop, forbidden even if you want to take the risk)

On the other side they bother you with cabin trolley weight.

Then you can’t take a 150ml spray can or bottle even if they are clearly nearly empty, but you can carry an empty bottle!

Essential items are ruled on board.

FFS, do those guys setting the rules ever fly?

Laptops are acceptable on UK departures, but sometimes they will request you to boot it up so its all fine and dandy.

You have omitted shoes are removed at the screening process.  

Know you have read my post fenton, as it did not vanish till this morning Thai time. This did not realy surprise me.

Same as your refusal to answer and accept the challenge for the 2nd time. Did not surprise me.

As I said invertebrate, if you change your mind that's fine by me.

Rgds soidog.