Rate this topic

Not sure it has been proposed as a thread here or on BKK forum, at least in a thorough and descriptive way as I intend it.

I’m a sinful devil bastard and I don’t let lust overwhelm my gluttony. I’m a serious foodie and I’m planning my short trip in September (18-24) accordingly. 3 nights in BKK, 3 nights in Pattaya, I’m almost set.

Back home I read a lot on the subject and I’m always on the lookout for the latest gourmet novelties, be it higher-end places or cheap holes with exceptional love for what they do.

I’m an Italian after all. We talk about food even when we are eating.

In BKK I already enquired for a table at Gaggan, voted World’s best Asian restaurant and I put on my list some of the places A. Bourdain (RIP and Respect bro), visited.

I was wondering if some of you sinners would like to share some tips on gems to be found while in BKK and Pattaya.

I’m not afraid of experimenting strangest things as long as it’s really tasteful...

the same goes for what arouses me in bed I suppose...

Thanks for your insights!

Gaggan was different, but good. If you are a foodie I'm sure you will enjoy it. I don't usually do much fine dining in LOS, but that was an exception. Hopefully others will provide more suggestions. I'd be curious what Pattaya has to offer that would be even remotely up to par with capital standards.

In Pattaya i recommend restaurant “Da Marco” been there 3 times, best food I had in Asia . It’s reasonably priced for fine Dining. It’s a bit out of the beaten path so do you need to arrange transport there and back The owner and chef is Swiss, he cooks himself in the middle of the open restaurant. It’s small place and you do need reservations.

Edited by Mike sand

Thanks. No need to be “fine dining” though IMO. Also a very good street food vendor or an apparently unappealing hole can be wonderful surprises. I still remember a spicy fish I had in Pattaya from an old lady, possibly in front of Tukcom, back in the days....

http://www.superbaoer.com/2015/02/som-tam-nua-siam-centre-bangkok.html

The spicy chicken and deep fried spicy fish are amazing. The above link shows the location quite well. I rarely see westerners in there ... which is an indication of the authenticity in my opinion.

I read an article about the Gaggan place and a patron described one dish as tasting like a fart. And it appeared the owner kind of agreed. I have no desire to wait for hours to eat someone else's fart haha.

I read an article about the Gaggan place and a patron described one dish as tasting like a fart. And it appeared the owner kind of agreed. I have no desire to wait for hours to eat someone else's fart haha.

Ahahah.

Thanks for all your suggestions. In case someone is interested I prepared a Google map of my selected places in Pattaya. I included yours so… keep em coming!

You can find it here

I'd be more than happy to add places to the map myself and leave it available for future enquiries.

"No Idea" in BKK (www.noideabkk.com) is one is the best falang food experiences I had in Thailand. 

Livv in Pattya (livvpattaya.com) is a long time favorite. It's 15 minutes out but worth the drive and you also get to see Khao-Talo which is nice reminder that there are normal Thai people living here as well. Tip: there are better places for steaks. Don't let that put you off, I eat there regularly and everything else is great. The dining experience is unparalleled for Pattaya. 

May Urban Thai in Jomtien Pattaya (mays.restaurant) used to be very good. I haven't been for a while so I hope the success and franchising isn't distracting them.

Tan is the best simple day to day thai restaurant that I've experienced in thailand. It's the third restaurant on the left as you walk in to the small food court on Pattaya Klang (https://goo.gl/maps/Geq4Dr6snY72). It has a bright yellow neon sign with the name and a photo of mama Tan.

Patrick's steak house (patricksrestopattaya.com) recently renovated. We had dinner there about a month ago and really enjoyed it. I'll be going back. I have Beefeater on my speed dial so it wasn't easy walking into Patrick's directly opposite :)

One to Avoid in Pattaya: Bruno's. Old and tired. 

Edited by 360

Thanks for the excellent suggestions. I really appreciated.

"No Idea" in BKK (www.noideabkk.com) is one is the best falang food experiences I had in Thailand. 

Livv in Pattya (livvpattaya.com) is a long time favorite. It's 15 minutes out but worth the drive and you also get to see Khao-Talo which is nice reminder that there are normal Thai people living here as well. Tip: there are better places for steaks. Don't let that put you off, I eat there regularly and everything else is great. The dining experience is unparalleled for Pattaya. 

May Urban Thai in Jomtien Pattaya (mays.restaurant) used to be very good. I haven't been for a while so I hope the success and franchising isn't distracting them.

Tan is the best simple day to day thai restaurant that I've experienced in thailand. It's the third restaurant on the left as you walk in to the small food court on Pattaya Klang (https://goo.gl/maps/Geq4Dr6snY72). It has a bright yellow neon sign with the name and a photo of mama Tan.

Patrick's steak house (patricksrestopattaya.com) recently renovated. We had dinner there about a month ago and really enjoyed it. I'll be going back. I have Beefeater on my speed dial so it wasn't easy walking into Patrick's directly opposite :)

One to Avoid in Pattaya: Bruno's. Old and tired. 

Kingslayer

Interesting about Gaggan

I have had a few friends visit who thought it was over rated. And they are foodies. 

I might have to try it myself and make up my own mind.

Nahm (Peter Thompsons Restuarant) is meant to be pretty good as well. 

Not sure it has been proposed as a thread here or on BKK forum, at least in a thorough and descriptive way as I intend it.

I’m a sinful devil bastard and I don’t let lust overwhelm my gluttony. I’m a serious foodie and I’m planning my short trip in September (18-24) accordingly. 3 nights in BKK, 3 nights in Pattaya, I’m almost set.

Back home I read a lot on the subject and I’m always on the lookout for the latest gourmet novelties, be it higher-end places or cheap holes with exceptional love for what they do.

I’m an Italian after all. We talk about food even when we are eating.

In BKK I already enquired for a table at Gaggan, voted World’s best Asian restaurant and I put on my list some of the places A. Bourdain (RIP and Respect bro), visited.

I was wondering if some of you sinners would like to share some tips on gems to be found while in BKK and Pattaya.

I’m not afraid of experimenting strangest things as long as it’s really tasteful...

the same goes for what arouses me in bed I suppose...

Thanks for your insights!

I would suspect that, if One took anything at all, from Mr. Bourdain;

Then said One, might avail themselves of the Thai Street Food Culture.

Especially now.

:)

On weekends you can go to Thepprasitt night market, just wander in and find one of the massive setups from great cooks and have dish after dish of authentic Thai food. So much to choose and it’s all cheap + fresh. I am in town end of July to mid August, need to find someone to go on a journey to these places with me as my friends are not into the spicy foods. I usually grab some girl and tell her to take me to authentic food place. The thing that is so awesome about Thai food is the street food is as good as the restaurant food. Bourdain on Thai food... "It was like discovering a color I never knew existed before. A whole new crayon box full of colors." RIP my friend.

886E6BEB-1D0D-4928-9AFF-DC5AF762EE34.jpeg

Edited by Eddiewest

Kingslayer

Interesting about Gaggan

I have had a few friends visit who thought it was over rated. And they are foodies.

I might have to try it myself and make up my own mind.

Nahm (Peter Thompsons Restuarant) is meant to be pretty good as well.

Yes I've had some say that as well. I thought it was good. Very unique in my opinion and a dining experience I haven't found elsewhere so was worth it for me, to do it once.