Bighorn

Another scam

Rate this topic

Received a nice email this morning.

Was along the lines of; You don't know me, but I know you. I have your password --------, and if you don't pay me $3200.00 by tomorrow using bitcoin I will disclose your online viewing habit to your friends and contacts. Don't put it off. It will cost you etc etc. There was more to it, but that is the basis of the email.

I googled scams and guess what, this one was at the top of the page. It is the newest one of its type going around.

The suggestion was that they have had access in the past to sites like Ebay and somehow obtained those passwords. This makes sense because the password it quoted was one I used many years ago. There was no scary end to this. Said they appear to be computer generated emails, but just in case to change the passwords you are now using.

Like the Nigerian ones from some time back they work on the theory that some people will panic and pay the money. Actually a friend of mine who I thought would know better did get caught up in the Nigerian one and lost thousands.

If you go to a website like https://haveibeenpwned.com/ it will tell you which websites were compromised and you'll know there's a database out there with your email and possibly password etc so they just go though these lists, send you a scary email and include the compromised info to kind of "prove" it, but yeah it's most likely auto-generated so just make sure your shits secure and change passwords and go about your day. 

You can also put your emaIl into that website and it will check against the compromised databases and tell you if your info has been compromised so you can change your password, Bighorn put the email you were contacted on into that site and it'll probably tell you where they got your info from although it doesn't have all the databases.

Edited by ThaiTwong

10 hours ago, LordJim said:

yes I am indiot

Yes you are, I'm afraid. Hang up immediately.
Better still, tell them you come back after a few miments and then leave them hanging.
They won't call again.

O.

4 minutes ago, ausmagoo said:

Gone.

yep just got it as well....

Hello Dear, how are you today? My name is Diana Harry from Ireland and I am 22 years old. I went through your profile and I am convinced that you're a good person that I can trust. I writing you to be my Guardian. Before the death of my father, he made a Fixed deposit of $5.5 million with a Bank and used me as the inheritor. He signed with the bank that I can only get the money with the help of a Guardian. I need you to help me transfer the money for my Education and Investment. Send me your email or you write me on my personal email (dianaharryd@gmail.com) so that I will explain more and furnish you with the documents.

On 10/2/2018 at 10:58 AM, dusk2dawn said:

yep just got it as well....

Hello Dear, how are you today? My name is Diana Harry from Ireland and I am 22 years old. I went through your profile and I am convinced that you're a good person that I can trust. I writing you to be my Guardian. Before the death of my father, he made a Fixed deposit of $5.5 million with a Bank and used me as the inheritor. He signed with the bank that I can only get the money with the help of a Guardian. I need you to help me transfer the money for my Education and Investment. Send me your email or you write me on my personal email (dianaharryd@gmail.com) so that I will explain more and furnish you with the documents.

me too

On 10/3/2018 at 7:50 PM, LazyJay said:

i bet 'she' has a massive cock, unfortunately attached to a big sweaty Nigerian cunt 555

read https://www.419eater.com/ if u have time on your hands 

Nothing better for putting off the feeling of about to cum than smelling a sweaty Nigerian girl's armpit......oh those were the days deep in the swamps and Saturday night parties where the girls came in by canoe......they took no prisoners.....