Rate this topic

Less than 2 weeks before i head to Pattaya with a stopover in Bangkok. I just read an article on Thaivisa about a guy who visited a ST hotel and it got recorded and being broadcast on Twitter. This is making me paranoid, from what i understand the spycam are hard to find unless you are an expert and know what you are looking for. Did some research on Youtube, it was mind blowing. A simple thing like a power plug, clock or even a smoke detector may be recording you. I learned that you can purchase spycam detectors and are available on Amazon, but i am not tech savvy and don't know what model or brand to look for.  Are there any BMs out there who can suggest/recommend a particular brand? Thanks in advance.

paranoia is strong with this one :D

just stick to your hotel room

but if you are so worried then better stick to specialized shops with ppl who can show you how to properly use one  not with chinese knockoffs you can get online

Depends what you want to use it for. To take videos of yourself in action. To see if anybody is stealing from your room,

or even take pictures. From Amazon is a good model. Tek Magic 8 GB Multi function camera. Costs about UKP 65, and is the best cheaper one around. Others  and cheaper available are not so good picture wise. Its also an alarm clock.

dannymurray

On 8/20/2018 at 5:28 AM, stoolpusher said:

I have spy sunglasses  but they may look a bit sus pounding away in a room with them on .

This made me giggle.  The images it has conjured up.

Go for it matey, and let's see some images Lols.

TTT

Funny as I was looking at "wish" app and at the spy cameras and was thinking would it be fun to get one for a future trip?

I misread that message concerning a Spycam - thought the guy wanted one. Now it seems he wants a spy cam detector . "A horse of a different kettle of fish " as we say . You would need to be an expert to find the modern ones. Ask Mossad or the CIA for some advice. dannymurray.