rouke

120 Baht Airport bus to Pattaya drop off point query

Rate this topic

Hello all BMs

need a bit of advice on pattaya bus drop off points when taking the airport bus to pattaya 

There should be 3 drop off points as seen from the website, http://airportpattayabus.com/V2/airport-to-pattaya/

1) Opposite King Power Pattaya 
2) Opposite Big C south Pattaya 
3) Thappraya road office

I will be staying in Central Pattaya this coming October so I reckon the first drop off point would be the nearest to my hotel. 

However, it is still a long stretch. I research further and found this baht bus route map  -  main baht bus routes pattaya and jomtein  

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?t=m&oe=UTF8&msa=0&ie=UTF8&mid=1-jXEseXC4ZWwGy2C77tzqeSAqrY&ll=12.92937242171759%2C100.89231199999995&z=12

Among the baht bus routes, there is this route for Central Pattaya Road.

Can anyone confirm if this baht bus route and other routes are still valid?

I would assume it would also cost 10 baht for travel, correct?

central pattaya baht bus.jpg

After many false starts, i finally followed my friends to Pattaya for the first time earlier March this year. One of my friends had taken Bell Travel bus before and mistakenly thought this airport bus would end the journey in the same bus terminal.

We eventually were fleeced by the baht bus driver waiting for passengers at the terminal,  paying 200 baht for 3 person  while sharing with other local passengers

Worse, the baht bus dropped us off almost 600 m-800 m away on the adjacent street and it took us 1 hour plus to find our hotels  so I would like to avoid a repeat of this.

Edited by rouke
wrong alignment of paragraph vs picture

why dont you simply book with Bell,? they take you to you hotel entrance for 250, ive never had any problems when booking with them

you have to book online, the only thing is they have no official office at the airport, when i arrived last November, the reps were in the coach departure lounge

just after a row of chairs on the left if walking down towards the pattaya bus stand. they look at your ticket you would have printed off your computer

and direct you as required.!

cheers ihe2

6 minutes ago, I had Eye twice said:

why dont you simply book with Bell,? they take you to you hotel entrance for 250, ive never had any problems when booking with them

you have to book online, the only thing is they have no official office at the airport, when i arrived last November, the reps were in the coach departure lounge

just after a row of chairs on the left if walking down towards the pattaya bus stand. they look at your ticket you would have printed off your computer

and direct you as required.!

cheers ihe2

Hello ihe2

I am aware of the Bell buses, the reps can be easily seen as they wear pink polo tshirts , 

I would like to experience  , to get a feel of how it is .

Knowing all your options, next time we can adjust accordingly, especially  when faced with unforeseen circumstances, such as flight delays, overbooked bus capacity and not willing to wait for the next bus interval, early flight arrival ( although this would be very rare) etc .

Also , the extra baht saving can add on to the tips I am going to give to the next girl or ladyboy who performs well in room.   

Doesn't this bus also stop at north pattaya bus terminal? If you have a suitcase it will be better to get off at that bus station because you can get a shared baht bus from there for 50 baht. At sukhumvit you might only get an expensive SUV or a mototaxi.

In terms of speed it will be similar as with bell bus because bell bus also changes at north pattaya bus station.

Probably the easiest way would be get off at Jomtien the get the baht bus back. A bit longer but by far the easiest. If you get off at king power you will have to walk down to big c extra most likely to get a Baht bus.

Be well Dave.

Ps a taxi is only B1,100 quickest and most comfortable.

11 hours ago, spooky60 said:

Do any of you members know what time the last bus departs from Bangkok International Airport to pattaya?  I checked out the website and I could not find times of departure

22:00 hours (10pm thai time) but please note the last bus from swampy does not stop at the normal stop off points but drops off only at Pattaya north bus station

http://airportpattayabus.com/V2/airport-to-pattaya/

hope that helps

OP

How big (dimensions) and weight of your case?.

I had to retrieve someones case from third road (medium size) was a bit of a maul, not impossible but it wasn't my case, so I was extra careful with it.

On 8/29/2018 at 1:16 AM, hellah said:

Doesn't this bus also stop at north pattaya bus terminal? If you have a suitcase it will be better to get off at that bus station because you can get a shared baht bus from there for 50 baht. At sukhumvit you might only get an expensive SUV or a mototaxi.

In terms of speed it will be similar as with bell bus because bell bus also changes at north pattaya bus station.

HI hellah, i dont think so. if i recall from my first trip, the only bus terminal it stops at is the final stop Thappraya road office

23 hours ago, tenedave said:

Probably the easiest way would be get off at Jomtien the get the baht bus back. A bit longer but by far the easiest. If you get off at king power you will have to walk down to big c extra most likely to get a Baht bus.

Be well Dave.

Ps a taxi is only B1,100 quickest and most comfortable.

Hi tenedave, as mentioned earlier, we were been fleeced 200 baht for 3 over there.

there seems to be a t-junction nearby king power, . i guess i can cross over track a bit from the 1st drop off point. 

just to side track a bit, Heaven Entertainment sounds interesting. any known kinky business happening inside :Smile3: ? 

crossing.jpg

22 hours ago, odotor said:

Sukhumvid Road bus station. Not far from Pattaya Klang.
Just cross Sukhumvid and wait for a Songteaw. 10 Baht.

O.

Thanks odotor for the verification,i would try that when i am there

5 hours ago, fenton said:

OP

How big (dimensions) and weight of your case?.

I had to retrieve someones case from third road (medium size) was a bit of a maul, not impossible but it wasn't my case, so I was extra careful with it.

Hello Fenton, i travel light. only a backpack, less than 3 ~ 4 kg.  

I used to bring a laptop but i realised after a few trips i seldom had time to even touch it. most time in thailand, i am either groping girls / ladyboy breasts or banging them or ravishing ladyboy dicks within a span of 5 days.

Nowadays only clothing, a battery pack to charge my handphones in case of emergencies, a soft toothpaste, phone charger with usb outlet, maybe light medication for diarrhoea. etc

21 hours ago, setanta said:

Would also prefer bell's bus - much less crowded since they changed to online booking - transfer quite good too.

hi setanta, i realise i missed replying back. yes, i would definitely try Bell bus some time later.

for this trip , i would just like to walk the walk, or rather ride the ride , see how it feels , to see if is is feasible by taking this path of travel 

On 8/28/2018 at 9:20 PM, rouke said:

Hello all BMs

need a bit of advice on pattaya bus drop off points when taking the airport bus to pattaya 

There should be 3 drop off points as seen from the website, http://airportpattayabus.com/V2/airport-to-pattaya/

3) Thappraya road office

I will be staying in Central Pattaya this coming October so I reckon the first drop off point would be the nearest to my hotel. 

However, it is still a long stretch. I research further and found this baht bus route map  -  main baht bus routes pattaya and jomtein  

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?t=m&oe=UTF8&msa=0&ie=UTF8&mid=1-jXEseXC4ZWwGy2C77tzqeSAqrY&ll=12.92937242171759%2C100.89231199999995&z=12

After many false starts, i finally followed my friends to Pattaya for the first time earlier March this year. One of my friends had taken Bell Travel bus before and mistakenly thought this airport bus would end the journey in the same bus terminal.

We eventually were fleeced by the baht bus driver waiting for passengers at the terminal,  paying 200 baht for 3 person  while sharing with other local passengers

Worse, the baht bus dropped us off almost 600 m-800 m away on the adjacent street and it took us 1 hour plus to find our hotels  so I would like to avoid a repeat of this.

Buy tickets when you reach that counter.

Get off when you reach the 2nd stop which is Central Pattaya

Show your Hotel booking to Baht Bus Driver so that he reads Hotel name in Thai.

1 hour ago, rouke said:

hi setanta, i realise i missed replying back. yes, i would definitely try Bell bus some time later.

for this trip , i would just like to walk the walk, or rather ride the ride , see how it feels , to see if is is feasible by taking this path of travel 

If are a real explorer try the train. A memorable experience.
It stops somewhere on the dark side.

Enjoy your trip.

O.

On 8/28/2018 at 4:50 PM, rouke said:

Hello all BMs

3) Thappraya road office

good luck getting a taxi from the bus station , mostly you have to get a bike which is a twat with bags or get a baht Bus as a private hire , they will do you more than the bus fare has cost you to get to the hotel or from Sukhumwit to your hotel .

Bell Bus is the most comfortable and quite easy.  They take you to the main bus station in Pattaya and will transfer you right to your hotel with about 3/4 other passengers.  Its easy.  If you want to do the reverse they pick you up at your hotel and bring you to the main bus terminal.  Like I said, its dead easy and shockingly efficient for thailand!!!!

21 hours ago, ladyboys113 said:

Buy tickets when you reach that counter.

Get off when you reach the 2nd stop which is Central Pattaya

Show your Hotel booking to Baht Bus Driver so that he reads Hotel name in Thai.

Hi ladyboy113,  point taken, sounds like a  plan, thanks

20 hours ago, odotor said:

If are a real explorer try the train. A memorable experience.
It stops somewhere on the dark side.

Enjoy your trip.

O.

Hi odotor ,  i remember reading somewhere on pattaya that the train to Pattaya would take more time to reach pattaya. 

Probably not this coming trip but I will bear in mind, perhaps a few trips, later. Thanks for the advice.

15 hours ago, Ghost Of Steptoe said:

good luck getting a taxi from the bus station , mostly you have to get a bike which is a twat with bags or get a baht Bus as a private hire , they will do you more than the bus fare has cost you to get to the hotel or from Sukhumwit to your hotel .

Hi Ghost of Steptoe , well , as i mentioned in my  first post, i already met the twats you mentioned. 

From google map, i noticed there are bus stops along the main road sukhumvit , i am hoping there may be locals alighting from the main road and taking the songtaew running through sukhumvit and beach road . if so, i would tag along getting up the songtaew

14 hours ago, blueyes said:

Bell Bus is the most comfortable and quite easy.  They take you to the main bus station in Pattaya and will transfer you right to your hotel with about 3/4 other passengers.  Its easy.  If you want to do the reverse they pick you up at your hotel and bring you to the main bus terminal.  Like I said, its dead easy and shockingly efficient for thailand!!!!

hi blueyes, i am convinced Bell Bus definitely a good choice. 

it is just that , how should i put it, okay, let me cite an example 

for the people go to gg agogo bars and gg bars and gg soapy spas ,  if they never been to a ladyboy bar or massage , they havent really seen much of thailand yet.

it is not a must do thing,  it is just that i would try if it a viable and cheaper travel method ?

if it is really so bad, then i can advise my friends to avoid in the future.

if it works, i can still switch to Bell buses later, if i want a more comfortable ride.   Does it make sense?

23 hours ago, rouke said:

From google map, i noticed there are bus stops along the main road sukhumvit , i am hoping there may be locals alighting from the main road and taking the songtaew running through sukhumvit and beach road . if so, i would tag along getting up the songtaew

You would have to cross sukhumvit and walk a bit on central road to catch the baht bus in the direction of beach road. There will probably be one waiting to fill up. It might take a while to fill up. 

On 8/31/2018 at 3:35 AM, setanta said:

Have done the train one time - nice journey - train station is quite far from central pattaya though. 

Takes 4 hrs! !!

Thanks and noted sentanta

13 hours ago, hellah said:

You would have to cross sukhumvit and walk a bit on central road to catch the baht bus in the direction of beach road. There will probably be one waiting to fill up. It might take a while to fill up. 

Thanks hellah, will bear this in mind when i am there

I usually grab a motorcycle taxi straight from that Nth Pattaya Bus Terminal. That way, 10 minutes and 100 baht later I will be right at my hotel in Buakhow. If you have a small suitcase this is the way to go (I do hand luggage only).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk