Dreamer7

E-VISA, online application is coming!

Rate this topic

I usually apply for my 60 day Tourist visa each year by sending passport, application form and money to the Thai embassy in London. It takes a couple of weeks and I have done it often enough to know how the system works. 

I have just been checking the embassy web site to confirm that I have an up to date application form and that the system/Visa types have not changed. Under the News section there is an article about online visa applications, the "eVISA". Announced in August, there is an intention to allow online visa applications. It is not here yet but worth checking regularly as putting my passport in the post is never enjoyable.

If you search on Google, be careful that you find a legitimate government site. Some travel companies, such as thailandvisa.net,  are offering a service and are not linked to the government. or embassy.

3 hours ago, Dreamer7 said:

postI usually apply for my 60 day Tourist visa each year by sending passport, application form and money to the Thai embassy in London. It takes a couple of weeks and I have done it often enough to know how the system works. 

I have just been checking the embassy web site to confirm that I have an up to date application form and that the system/Visa types have not changed. Under the News section there is an article about online visa applications, the "eVISA". Announced in August, there is an intention to allow online visa applications. It is not here yet but worth checking regularly as putting my passport in the post is never enjoyable.

If you search on Google, be careful that you find a legitimate government site. Some travel companies, such as thailandvisa.net,  are offering a service and are not linked to the government. or embassy.

not sure if it is thailandvisa.net but I sometimes get a facebook post from a Thai company that promises retirement visa without having to fulfil any of the conditions that are legally required....when talking to them it sounded like a scam... be careful with these companies .. it will either a fake visa or an illegally obtained one

Edited by aries104

Dreamer,

I'm just debating putting my passport in the post for a 60 day, never been longer than a month, is it really a couple of weeks for your PP to return,

like you say I'm not too comfy banging my PP the post, cheers.

If you worry about using the posts in the UK then pity me. I had to send mine by courier from the Philippines and sweated for about 10 days till it arrived back by courier to my home. Great relief!! 

Further info on my postal visa trepidations, followed instructions, posted my PP on the Friday and accounting for weekend, got it back on the Wednesday, with a brand new shiny stamp in it,

well pleased..