kathoeyfan

iPhone XS & XS Max (and new iWatch) coming soon

Rate this topic

Apple announced the new iPhones.  No more home button on any of them, they're all screen now.  The 512GB iPhone XS Max will set you back $1449 USD without a contract (USA), so guessing 50-60,000 baht in TH.  The iWatch is screen from edge-to-edge now.

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-xs#01,20,31

https://gizmodo.com/everything-apple-announced-today-1829006328

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/12/technology/iphone-xs-max/index.html

iphone-compare-models-201809.jpg

I'm interested in a new Apple Watch as mine is ancient at this point and barely holds a charge. Having said that, the price of the Apple Watch 3 has gone down significantly, so I might just go for that. I bought an iPhone X back in February after my previous phone crapped out and I'm very happy with it. I've never missed the home button or the headphone jack. Honestly don't see what all the complaining was about. This is the best phone I've ever owned, and certainly the best iPhone since the 5S, which was an absolute beast. Was not a fan of the 6 or 7. 

I'll be sticking to my XZ Premium. Still got my Xperia Ultra Z which now doubles up as my kindle and travelling Netflix screen , that beast is over 10 years old. Love reading about these Apple products that begin dying off after 3-4 years due to  the corporations non-admitted controlled obsolescence program. Then the same ill informed, advice impaired, customer base just lines up and buys the same over rated, over priced crap all over again.   https://blogs.sonymobile.com/us/2017/07/11/xperia-xz-premium-officially-named-best-new-smartphone-mwc-2017/#gref

34 minutes ago, asian ronster said:

I'll be sticking to my XZ Premium. Still got my Xperia Ultra Z which now doubles up as my kindle and travelling Netflix screen , that beast is over 10 years old. Love reading about these Apple products that begin dying off after 3-4 years due to  the corporations non-admitted controlled obsolescence program. Then the same ill informed, advice impaired, customer base just lines up and buys the same over rated, over priced crap all over again.   https://blogs.sonymobile.com/us/2017/07/11/xperia-xz-premium-officially-named-best-new-smartphone-mwc-2017/#gref

I wonder if you are right A.Ron ....I  phones do seem to self destruct after two years and the batteries and memory are shite .

But for me ...I guess I pay for the familiarity and compatibility ...basically too lazy to do the change over 

A  friend actually gave me a brand new Galaxy 9 recently , and my old I6 is on its last legs but I have been deferring the change over as I just know how frustrating that process will be .

Guess they are focussing on that market , the corporate market where its all paid by the firm and the geeks and trendies  who "must have it" ...whatever it is ...its working for Apple Shareholders .

My i-phone 4s works perfectly, just past it on to the family. Moved up to the 7 and perfectly happy with that. Craved the X but could just not push the button. pun intended! I have the original watch with SS case and 2 bracelets; enquired about a trade in price and was quoted 60 quid...not worth it. :angry:

Looking forward to watching the launch event.

My phone plan on the I-phone 8 Plus is expiring shortly so I have a decision to make. Given the extreme price on that new model it might be time for me to give up on Apple and move across to Galaxy 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My i-phone 4s works perfectly, just past it on to the family. Moved up to the 7 and perfectly happy with that. Craved the X but could just not push the button. pun intended! I have the original watch with SS case and 2 bracelets; enquired about a trade in price and was quoted 60 quid...not worth it. :angry:
Looking forward to watching the launch event.

Exactly. Apple supported the iPhone 5 for 5 years. The iPhone 6 will be supported another year as well most likely. Don’t know where people are getting this 3-4 years stuff from, other than making it up. No one is forcing anyone to purchase any new phone, and if someone does then it’s not my place to question their spending habits. All phone companies release new models every 12-18 months but only Apple seems to get shit for it. If Android wasn’t such a garbage OS I might consider jumping over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, LordJim said:

I wonder if you are right A.Ron ....I  phones do seem to self destruct after two years and the batteries and memory are shite .

But for me ...I guess I pay for the familiarity and compatibility ...basically too lazy to do the change over 

A  friend actually gave me a brand new Galaxy 9 recently , and my old I6 is on its last legs but I have been deferring the change over as I just know how frustrating that process will be .

Guess they are focussing on that market , the corporate market where its all paid by the firm and the geeks and trendies  who "must have it" ...whatever it is ...its working for Apple Shareholders .

About changing phone. Id had exactly same concern but last week 'er indoors phone screen died so we went to numchai and ended up buying 2 new Samsung j6 for bundled 9400b for pair.  Girl in shop transferred everything from my old phone via some app I think in about 15 minutes.  I was impressed. Saved passwords moved,photos messages etc. Only thing that didnt move were Line conversations.

About Apple I remember the hullaboo when #1 came out and broke 20,000b barrier.  An amazing story if they've been able to command 70,000b pricing now.  All credit to them for pulling it off.

12 minutes ago, ausmagoo said:

I will stick with my Oppo. 

The new Oppo Find X comes in at  cool 30,000 baht !

Screenshot_20180914-172156.png

22 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

A new XS or new tits, difficult choice.

Shit, I was offered an X at a bar. The guy wanted $200.00 for it brand new!!!. Do you think that is too much?.

Haha. I looked at it and questioned him about it's origin. With a bit of pushing he said Vietnam.

Had the charger etc., all in it's white box. Thought I would play along and see what would happen. Got him down in price in a bit of a game and then told him I thought it was fake and I did not want it.

Talk about a change in behaviour. Things got chucked around and he stormed off but then 10 minutes later he was back hovering around seeing if I would change my mind.

Never mind I said, try someone else.

It would be interesting to see if it actually worked or had any capacity at all?.