stoolpusher

Heart Probs.

Rate this topic

All the best to the BM named in the Nosher's OP. But a question - How concerned should we be about very occasional chest pain and breathlessness? I'm in my fifties, eat well and exercise, but been a smoker all my adult life and fond of the odd drop of red wine. Should I worry??

2 hours ago, Jimmy_Lovepants said:

All the best to the BM named in the Nosher's OP. But a question - How concerned should we be about very occasional chest pain and breathlessness? I'm in my fifties, eat well and exercise, but been a smoker all my adult life and fond of the odd drop of red wine. Should I worry??

you can worry if you want to. You can also worry about getting run over by a bus, Dying in a plane crash, getting Aids, etc etc.

For god's sake Jimmy don't start the anti-smoking loonies off again!:)

have you seen a Doc?

Edited by Alias

Makes sense to me 55

(Skip the stuff where he starts bangin' on about his atheism)

Edited by Jimmy_Lovepants

My mate is / was a smoker and a big guy , after talking to him yesturday I will start to look after myself a bit better

Its more of a reminder when you know someone in his spot 

Edited by stoolpusher

Yeah, talking to a guy yesterday who had gone from 85 kilos to 115 kilos in a relatively short time. Just got out of hospital after having a stent put in his heart.

Says it has shaken him a bit. Was actually out for a walk when I was talking to him. Trying to come good again.

47 minutes ago, stoolpusher said:

My mate is / was a smoker and a big guy , after talking to him yesturday I will start to look after myself a bit better

Its more of a reminder when you know someone in his spot 

thinking about the comment quoted SP... please correct me if i'm wrong, but you don't smoke, you don't drink, you're not overweight, you'll soon be exercising daily with the lovely Dao.... what else can you do to look after yourself a bit better!

:)

Its the food I like to cook .... Lamb roasts with all the veges and then the chips ( crisps ) and lollies , 

A little fitter would be nice , but I went to all the trouble of getting a drivers licence many years ago so walking is out . :) 

Edited by stoolpusher

My dad dropped dead with a heart attack on the shop floor aged 45, and I had a 3cm drug-eluting platinum coronary stent put in 3 years ago after some angina (fantastic technology, by the way!). Now take my daily aspirin and simvastatin and try to walk about 5kms a day.  I get an annual check-up with my Consultant on the wonderful NHS including a thorough tread mill cardiograph. Apart from that life goes on normally just as before....and I never give it a second thought. Just live life to the full....eat, drink and be merry ... Qué sera, sera!

Edited by Zoonie the Lazoon

a mate of mine died sun 30. went to the gym in the morning came back took his blood preasure, it was ok, had a shower and then while making breakfast bang massive heart attack dead before he hit the ground. some times there is nothing you can do. he was a very fit 68.

4 hours ago, markm said:

he was a very fit 68.

well that info has really made my day markm.......!

sod it... i'm off to try the fish and chips in treetown,  bugger the gym today.

sorry about your friend by the way mark.

[the answer to that is you should never ignore chest pain, not always something to worry about but you should always get it checked out - I was reading some stats in the UK recently stating that in about 40% of deaths from heart attacks the person had previously had some symptoms that were either ignored or not picked up by medical practitioners

Treatments these days is excellent but only if you seek it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 11/3/2018 at 3:01 PM, Alias said:

well that info has really made my day markm.......!

sod it... i'm off to try the fish and chips in treetown,  bugger the gym today.

sorry about your friend by the way mark.

no problem, enjoy yourself. you never know when its your last day