Sign in to follow this  
hailbritania

Thai's are extremely hard working....says thai journalist, cough cough

Rate this topic

I have never set up a business in Thai land however my job involvees working with Thai businesses and the teams we work with are extremely hard working, extremely intelligent, professional and do an amazing job.  So from my experience dealing with Thai businesses on a professional level has been really postive. However that could be different to Hospitality. 

Just my experience.

I think you have to compare southern market to southern maket.....cant compare thailand to Sweden or UK where the weather is miserable and people dont have a choice but to work their asses off to avoid the cold spell.

Thais seem more industrious than Philippinos, Indonesians, Mexicans, Hondurans, etc....

Just look at the difference that weather has made between Australians and Canadians. Pretty much the exact same country. Different weather. Australians are more laid back and fun. Canadians have produced more technology and industry. Thats in only 100 years of weather impacting people. Add another 500 years and Aussies will be closer to their southern counterparts. I.e......happy and content. And lazy as fuck.

12 minutes ago, The-Sith said:

I think you have to compare southern market to southern maket.....cant compare thailand to Sweden or UK where the weather is miserable and people dont have a choice but to work their asses off to avoid the cold spell.

Thais seem more industrious than Philippinos, Indonesians, Mexicans, Hondurans, etc....

Just look at the difference that weather has made between Australians and Canadians. Pretty much the exact same country. Different weather. Australians are more laid back and fun. Canadians have produced more technology and industry. Thats in only 100 years of weather impacting people. Add another 500 years and Aussies will be closer to their southern counterparts. I.e......happy and content. And lazy as fuck.

I resemble that.

Though, that said:

Are you happy?

Obviously not.

Adjunct, "Produced more technology and industry"?

Who you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

:)

Edited by Thaiman12

As soon as Australias resources run out there fucked

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, mistergs said:

Perhaps, but that day is a long long way off.  Plus we get a shed load more sunshine than many countries so solar power one day could become the major source of energy generation.

6 minutes ago, mistergs said:

As opposed to Canada, of course.

1 hour ago, hailbritania said:

So, back on topic.

Farangs could not manage a root in a Brothel.

Or a sh*t fight in a sewer.

In LOS.

Yet, they seek to absolve themselves by casting aspersions on Local Workers?

Give me a break.

Edited by Thaiman12

31 minutes ago, guiltydreamer said:

Perhaps, but that day is a long long way off.  Plus we get a shed load more sunshine than many countries so solar power one day could become the major source of energy generation.

Not as long as the government keeps backing the coal producers!!!!.

There will not be a shift to solar power while the current (excuse the pun), way of thinking remains. Too many vested interests convincing the gov,(by whatever means), that coal is the way to go. 

5 minutes ago, aussiemale said:

Thought this was a a thread about thai workers, ends up being about aussies ?

Oh shit, sorry!,

My only comment on Thai workers is that you seem to see a lot more woman working than men. Maybe because it is that we tend to hang around Pattaya where the type of work is more female orientated. But have been to other parts and it does seem a similar scenario.

Hope that gets me back on track?.

1 hour ago, Thaiman12 said:

I resemble that.

Though, that said:

Are you happy?

Obviously not.

Adjunct, "Produced more technology and industry"?

Who you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

I think if there is one guy on this board who is not happy.......it's you TM12....... nominated as Troll of the Year, Most Mistunderstood BM of the Year and Most Similar to Abba123 of the Year.

Im sure your meds are helping you with that.

Good luck buddy!

2 minutes ago, The-Sith said:

I think if there is one guy on this board who is not happy.......it's you TM12....... nominated as Troll of the Year, Most Mistunderstood BM of the Year and Most Similar to Abba123 of the Year.

Im sure your meds are helping you with that.

Good luck buddy!

Yes, of course.

And thank you for your critique, however misguided.

Though, I'm told we must tolerate this, these days.

I'm a Gimp, not a Troll, so best you take heed.

So, all that said........

Do you have an argument?

I sense you're not Happy......

Mr. Canuck?

2 minutes ago, Thaiman12 said:

Yes, of course.

And thank you for your critique, however misguided.

Though, I'm told we must tolerate this, these days.

I'm a Gimp, not a Troll, so best you take heed.

So, all that said........

Do you have an argument?

I sense you're not Happy......

Mr. Canuck?

I'm American.

Its just my observation the difference between Australia and Canada. I could be wrong but thats what i perceive. Relatively same population.....totally different climate. Different outcome in industriousness that i believe will become even more apparent in the future. That difference mostly attributable to climate differences. Thats my theory.

But my main point is, its not fair to compare Thai work ethic to that of northern climate nations. Because you cant expect people to work hard in 98 degree temperatures and where bananas and other fruit grow all year round. Compare Thais to Indonesians and Pinoys to see if they have good work erhic. I think they do.

Get it, Mr. Gimp?

2 minutes ago, The-Sith said:

I'm American.

Its just my observation the difference between Australia and Canada. I could be wrong but thats what i perceive. Relatively same population.....totally different climate. Different outcome in industriousness that i believe will become even more apparent in the future. That difference mostly attributable to climate differences. Thats my theory.

But my main point is, its not fair to compare Thai work ethic to that of northern climate nations. Because you cant expect people to work hard in 98 degree temperatures and where bananas and other fruit grow all year round. Compare Thais to Indonesians and Pinoys to see if they have good work erhic. I think they do.

Get it, Mr. Gimp?

No, I don't get it.

Different climates present different challenges.

Thus, I think it is quite ignorant to assert that one particular environment represents more challenges than another.

Thus, One could assert because a parameter such as it being Colder would represent a harder challenge?

You c*nts don't need to run refrigeration, for starters......

3 minutes ago, Thaiman12 said:

No, I don't get it.

Different climates present different challenges.

Thus, I think it is quite ignorant to assert that one particular environment represents more challenges than another.

Thus, One could assert because a parameter such as it being Colder would represent a harder challenge?

You c*nts don't need to run refrigeration, for starters......

Gimp,

Almost every leading industrialized nation is Northern Hemisphere. Including the G8 nations and almost all of the top ten nations in terms of GDP.

I know you are a troll, so hence end this discussion.

So,

I was thinking that Ordinary Thai Folks are pretty hard working?

By International Standards?

Actually, I would assert that all any Worker needs is rules and guidelines.

Responsible Management.

Edited by Thaiman12

25 minutes ago, The-Sith said:

I'm American.

Get it, Mr. Gimp?

How does One grow blueberries in Thailand?

Something I learned only after a few visits... In nearly all bars in the big tourist hubs, the girls (GG or lb) get only one day off a month. That's one day a month. In most other walks of life and occupations, a six day working week is pretty standard. It's utter bollocks to say the Thais don't work harder than we do. 

Whenever I'm in the country side I'm utterly amazed at these Thai ladies working the wet rice fields in the blazing sun. Same goes for the rest of SE asia. And I doubt the men work less hard.

Downside is that they are probably physically spend at 40. That is when they start to get lazy. Maybe they've earned it.