Jump to content
mikezxx

HIV etc Testing

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Any suggestion for free or low cost fast result tests around Buakau?   Hopefully from saliva swab and not blood.

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best clinic I found here in Pattaya is Lifecare Clinic. They do all sorts of tests and they are very reasonable in prices. Their results are also reliable as they deal with great labs or hospitals.
The clinic is off 3rd road in Pattaya south.
Easy to google for location...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kathoeyfan said:

There's a few clinics on Buakaow.  One almost directly next to Fantasy Lounge that takes 15 min for results.  Never seen a saliva swab, all quick tests use an almost painless prick of your finger for blood.  It feels like a being hit with a rubber band.  Tests are around 350 baht.

 


Edit.  AFAIK Ladyboys can still get free HIV test at Sisters.  It's a 3 min motorbike ride from Buakaow on the other side of 3rd road.

Indeed, Good Sir.

I like to buy a kit from the Clinic just up from Oasis aGoGo.

As one heads up towards Baby Boom. RHS of course.

Bt300 last time I went.

Get to take it home, your Good Self, having dealt witt the the usual confrontation whereby the staff are asking you.....

"but we can do it, here for you"?

And you replying "BUT, BUT I WANT TO DO IT MYSELF.

I NEED MY PRIVACY!!!

WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT??????????"

Then, go home;

Shake like a leaf, whilst trying to administer the drop of One's own blood plus the two drops of solution supplied.

Then get a beer and...................

Wait.....................

 

 

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!

I'll show YOU sparsely haired Ladyboy Concubines what it's all about.

 

Let's go 'round again.

:)

 

Edited by Thaiman12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZONE69 said:

The best clinic I found here in Pattaya is Lifecare Clinic. They do all sorts of tests and they are very reasonable in prices. Their results are also reliable as they deal with great labs or hospitals.
The clinic is off 3rd road in Pattaya south.

Also, and not far from there, you could consider M.T. Inter Medical Laboratory - http://www.mtinterlab.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mikezxx said:

Any suggestion for free or low cost fast result tests around Buakau?   Hopefully from saliva swab and not blood.

Thx

  I don't think you will find any cheap saliva tests around. They most all use a blood test with the prick to a finger. I don't think the tests used here at the small clinics were ever approved in the US. Don't know about Europe. We have the do it yourself saliva test kits in the US but they cost $40 instead of 400 baht.

  There are several clinics on Buakhao that give the quickie prick your finger HIV test for about 400 baht.

  This one is across Buakhao from Sugar Sugar A GoGo (mentioned before by kathoeyfan):

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9294356,100.885202,3a,37.5y,96.09h,104.56t/data=!3m10!1e1!3m8!1sfQpt_D-fsc7ow4E596PT-g!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DfQpt_D-fsc7ow4E596PT-g%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D105.35005%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i51

and this one a bit farther north on Buakhao:

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9317301,100.8865928,3a,37.5y,148.59h,95.7t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sJXmbdhzUXDCzi2L-33JRmw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i51

I  think this Virinda Clinic gives tests also but it's been a while since I was there. Had a cholesterol test there once:

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9277509,100.8839233,3a,30y,354.28h,102.16t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sjlvTyft_3YtTOXOpgTX7-Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i51

 

Edited by Len Dtuut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few years ago, a Doctor at Pattaya International Hospital on Soi 4 told me not to rely on blood test results from the various small clinics in Pattaya. For complete peace of mind, use a hospital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Botafogo said:

Few years ago, a Doctor at Pattaya International Hospital on Soi 4 told me not to rely on blood test results from the various small clinics in Pattaya. For complete peace of mind, use a hospital.

Completely agree. I go to the hospitals for blood tests. There is no quality assurance at all with the clinics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best and most accurate test is the COMBO HIV test which is Ag and Ab. (Antigens and Antibodies) It costs about 750 THB.
Most clinics test only the Antibodies for 350 -400 THB.
The Antibodies only start appearing after 2 to 3 weeks after being infected but the Antigens (protein cells) will start appearing after 7 -10 days. Combo test is somewhat more accurate and reliable but a bit more expensive.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 12:01 AM, Devman said:

Also, and not far from there, you could consider M.T. Inter Medical Laboratory - http://www.mtinterlab.com

 

 

Have been to this one for the full test and it's comprehensive.  But they also give you unnecessary Doctor consult where you might feel uncomfortable about lifestyle questions.  it's also more expensive than Lifecare (2000?) and not sure if the results were same day.  Would recommend Lifecare (Program 6 plus Hep C testing) over Mt Inter.   Haven't had a quick test at Mt Inter so uncertain for the cost and time table there. 

 

Lifecare does the quick test with results in 10-15 min for 350 baht.  Program 6 (HIV, Chlamydia, Syphillis, Hep B,) is 700 baht, and Hep C test another 450 baht if you choose.  Results back in a few hours and can be sent directly to your email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 12:32 PM, Botafogo said:

Few years ago, a Doctor at Pattaya International Hospital on Soi 4 told me not to rely on blood test results from the various small clinics in Pattaya. For complete peace of mind, use a hospital.

 

Pattaya International is the worst 'Western' for-profit hospital I've been to in Thailand.  By choice wouldn't have any care from there or trust their consults.  If you choose the hospital route go to Bangkok Pattaya on Sukumvit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always though the cheap tests at the clinics were a "better than nothing third world cheap solution" test. Thus they aren't approved in countries with real standards. But it's probably the test bar girls takes if they take one at all?

FWIW I like Pattaya International. But I've only used them twice in 12 years. Thread phuck sure to ensue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kathoeyfan said:

But they also give you unnecessary Doctor consult where you might feel uncomfortable about lifestyle questions.

That was not my experience about a month ago. No questions, just tests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kathoeyfan said:

 

Pattaya International is the worst 'Western' for-profit hospital I've been to in Thailand.  By choice wouldn't have any care from there or trust their consults.  If you choose the hospital route go to Bangkok Pattaya on Sukumvit.

Be that as it may but.

We’re not talking about a full blown medical procedure, merely a screening for HIV along with testing for all the usual STD natsies, think I paid approximately 1200 Baht. I for one was very impressed and shall certainly use them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Botafogo said:

Be that as it may but.

We’re not talking about a full blown medical procedure, merely a screening for HIV along with testing for all the usual STD natsies, think I paid approximately 1200 Baht. I for one was very impressed and shall certainly use them again.

Ok.  If you’d like, head to Lifecare and save 500 baht for the same service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you're interested as to weather you've caught something over there on a current trip, HIV infection can take a month or more to show up on a blood test. Can be easier to wait until you get home.



I live in Quebec Canada and unfortunately to get an HIV test is almost like jumping through hoops. You must make an appointment with a doctor, then explain why you want the test, then he sends the blood away to a lab, and then you book another appointment at a later date so he can talk about the results! What a tedious production. I’ve given up! Now I take Prep, no worries.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZONE69 said:

I live in Quebec Canada and unfortunately to get an HIV test is almost like jumping through hoops. You must make an appointment with a doctor, then explain why you want the test, then he sends the blood away to a lab, and then you book another appointment at a later date so he can talk about the results! What a tedious production. I’ve given up! Now I take Prep, no worries.

 Have OraQuick test kits from the US not made it to Canada yet?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Pack-Oraquick-In-Home-HIV-Test/818412917

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZONE69 said:

 

 


I live in Quebec Canada and unfortunately to get an HIV test is almost like jumping through hoops. You must make an appointment with a doctor, then explain why you want the test, then he sends the blood away to a lab, and then you book another appointment at a later date so he can talk about the results! What a tedious production. I’ve given up! Now I take Prep, no worries.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

 

Yeah that's pretty annoying. Walk in clinics in the UK, at least in my area. Convenient and free at least for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×