patnya

visa overstay

Rate this topic

in may 2018, i had a 30 day visit to los, but with time and flight difference , put me into the overstay bracket by 12 hours, 

was pulled aside by immigration on exit as overstayer by 1 day,  i was not fined or any bad stamp put in my passport,

will i  have any problem on next visit in feb 2019.

any info or thoughts please.

I think you should not have a problem because you have no bad stamp in your passport. They are looking for longtime overstayers. But better stay clean and not overstay on your next trips.

One day overstay will NOT be saved in their computer system, but you will get a note in your passport and you have to pay 500.- baht. Nothing more will happen. But: If you overstay MORE THAN ONE day (2 or more) than the hustle starts....

My info is actual, because i have had 1 day overstay this month B)

In my experience I have departed at around 33-36 days on many occasions and never an issue, no fine, fee or stamp.   However if I stay beyond 30 days, which I regularly do, I now prefer to be cautious and get an extension at immigration in Jomtien.   Another 30 days for around 1800 Baht - Baht well spent for piece of mind.

13 hours ago, patnya said:

in may 2018, i had a 30 day visit to los, but with time and flight difference , put me into the overstay bracket by 12 hours, 

was pulled aside by immigration on exit as overstayer by 1 day,  i was not fined or any bad stamp put in my passport,

will i  have any problem on next visit in feb 2019.

any info or thoughts please.

no , no problem. The most serious issue would be being caught by (immigration) police during a routine control for example whilst overstaying. That normally means jail and organizing your "bai' out from there...  That is why overstaying is always a  bad idea. 

Edited by aries104

You will be fine (no pun intended!) as you do not have an overstay stamp in the passport.

Immigration and overstaying is a big issue with Big Joke at the moment so in the current clime I would suggest you did not overstay on your next visit. 

9 hours ago, biggles said:

On the rare occasions I have had a one day overstay there has been no charge. My understanding is that one day is not charged but for 2 days it is 1,000 baht (2 X 500) 

That was before. Now they charge also on the first day.

thanks guys for putting my mind at ease, it was a simple mistake how i overstayed by 1 day, like i said , no red or bad stamp in passport and was not fined.

reason i wanted to know is because i use fasttrack to clear immigration and on their form , they say can not do for persons who have overstayed.

Because the overstay pay desk is at the "slowtrac" exit

I exit thru "fasttrack" but this time i needed a re-entry permit.

I was told to go thru to the concourse and turn left and walk about 100 yards to the slowtrac area and turn left again.

this takes you back up behind the immigration desks where the overstay desk is located and also the desk for re-entry permit.

Single permit is 1000 baht  plus 200  form filling and photo fee....3 people ahead of me ...15 minutes.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:52 PM, patnya said:

thanks guys for putting my mind at ease, it was a simple mistake how i overstayed by 1 day, like i said , no red or bad stamp in passport and was not fined.

reason i wanted to know is because i use fasttrack to clear immigration and on their form , they say can not do for persons who have overstayed.

It's happened to me a couple times, I had assumed incorrectly that the 30 day clock started ticking when you had your passport stamped when entering but it starts at 00:01 on the day you enter.  If you have a late arriving flight, say 11:15pm, you will probably be on your second day by the time you leave the airport.