Sign in to follow this  
blue1878

Emirates Seat Booking

Rate this topic

Tomorrow I am flying to Thailand with Emirates.  I like this airline but today they have annoyed me.

For years now whenever I book my flights I always book my seats.

I like to book aisle seats and book aisle seats as close to the front of economy as possible

Tomorrow I am flying Manchester - Dubai - Bangkok

And I was able to book cheap flights with Emirates months and months ago

And whilst I was online I was able to book the same aisle seat on all 4 flights.

A row very near the front of economy and on the left hand side of the plane which is the side of the plane where the doors are located

And I paid the 4 X £25 to have the seats I wanted on the 4 flights

Anyway this morning I went online so that I can check in online. And whilst checking in online I noticed that Emirates have moved me 3 rows back on my Manchester to Dubai. It's only 3 rows BUT I paid £25 for the seat I wanted

So I phoned Emirates to ask what has happened.  And they said that it's a different A380 plane flying tomorrow from the one that was supposed to be have been flying.  So you have to give me a different aisle seat but the front of the plane looks the same.  And there is no reason why I cannot have the seat I originally paid £25 for.  The guy on the phone said his system wont allow him to change the seat.  So I will wait till I get to the airport tomorrow and check in at there desks.  And see if they can give me the seat I paid for.

Booking seats in advance used to be free so its annoying that I cannot have the seat I booked and paid for well in advance

RANT OVER LOL

Standard of Emirates service seems to be in decline for me recently, Qatar is better yeah, but they don't fly from my nearest airport.

I don't pay for Emirates seat reserve and always get a good aisle seat flying alone.  If you paid for it you should get it though sure. 

Single flyers always get moved.  Happened to me on many trips so now I don’t bother pre booking.  I do like the same seat on all four trips though but you can’t have everything g 

Qatar are good but emirates were way cheaper for me this trip.  

Emirates must be struggling for cash these days. Two years ago I could book seats for free when I made the booking, last year this increased to £20 per leg for desired seat. This year a distinctly average seat will cost £20 per leg and anything approaching decent legroom costs £75 per leg. I stumped up to find I was in front of some germ-laden family that successfully managed to pass on their virus and scupper the first week of my trip. I have made the personal decision that long distance travel in the future is only going to be worthwhile if I fly Business and try and buffer myself from some of the misery of Economy. This is unlikely to happen short of a lottery win. In the meantime I am looking for an alternative airline and trips closer to home.

Seat booking with Emirates is only free 48 hours before if cheapest flights booked - £75 for extra legroom is a bit much - they sometimes have upgrades to biz class for a couple hundred or so - better value and early seat booking included.

1 hour ago, paulyb said:

Seat booking with Emirates is only free 48 hours before if cheapest flights booked - £75 for extra legroom is a bit much - they sometimes have upgrades to biz class for a couple hundred or so - better value and early seat booking included.

Yep, £75 for the extra legroom is a complete piss-take especially as that will usually entail you being seated next to some family complete with mewling brat in a bassinet. The £75 a leg seat reservation will add £300 to your booking, comfortably putting your total outlay into the same realm as Premium Economy on some competing airlines...but that is not an option with Emirates. Probably not lucrative enough for them ? Regarding the upgrade to Business Class...this is offered at the last moment and entails a per leg fee that when combined with the price you have already paid means that you will easily spend more than a regular Business Class seat yet without lounge access, seat selection or free ride to and from airport. Not such a bargain really.