Jump to content
patnya

don muang airport

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

i have flown from don muang airport before , but arrived at swampy and had a free ride direct to don muang.

has anyone travelled from the nana /sukhumvit area to don muang airport and how long does it take in a cab and what it should cost ?

or is it quicker to get the mrt blue line to lat phrao station then get a taxi ?

thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arriving late in the day from Pattaya, I had a nightmare journey from Sukhumvit to Don Muang on a motor bike taxi. There were simply no car taxis around ... Never again. If I had to fly out from DM again I would make sure my last night was in Bangkok, so that way there's time to book a taxi or use the public transport options to get to the airport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The nearest MRT station would be Chatuchak Park (BTS Mo Chit), from there you can catch the Orange A1 or A2 buses that go to DM Airport using the expressway for 30 baht. If you're travelling light, those buses are a great option and only take about 10-15 minutes. Usually a lot of taxis "lurking" around that area too, but a bit of a tourist trap, ergo they don't tend to like going on the meter.

Thailand version 5 or 6 promises a high-speed train connection from Don Muang to Swampy. :rolleyes:…...Actually in all seriousness, in the short to mid-term there is going to be an airport link to DM opening in the next couple of years which I think starts around Bang Sue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Kendo UK said:

The nearest MRT station would be Chatuchak Park (BTS Mo Chit), from there you can catch the Orange A1 or A2 buses that go to DM Airport using the expressway for 30 baht. If you're travelling light, those buses are a great option and only take about 10-15 minutes. Usually a lot of taxis "lurking" around that area too, but a bit of a tourist trap, ergo they don't tend to like going on the meter.

Thailand version 5 or 6 promises a high-speed train connection from Don Muang to Swampy. :rolleyes:…...Actually in all seriousness, in the short to mid-term there is going to be an airport link to DM opening in the next couple of years which I think starts around Bang Sue.

Last time I was there it looked almost finished. Stations build etc. Would have thought it would be open earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hellah said:

Last time I was there it looked almost finished. Stations build etc. Would have thought it would be open earlier.

I just had a quick check, Phase I : Bang Sue to Rangsit (including Don Muang station) is set for October 2020.

The stations on the BTS extension into Samut Prakan have looked pretty much done and dusted for a while but it only opened 3 days ago. TIT.

This map shows how things will look in the future including all BTS, MRT, ARL and Monorails....maybe this will all be done by 2030....

Future Bangkok Train Map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kendo UK said:

I just had a quick check, Phase I : Bang Sue to Rangsit (including Don Muang station) is set for October 2020.

The stations on the BTS extension into Samut Prakan have looked pretty much done and dusted for a while but it only opened 3 days ago. TIT.

This map shows how things will look in the future including all BTS, MRT, ARL and Monorails....maybe this will all be done by 2030....

Future Bangkok Train Map

All this work cant come soon enough. Will be so much easier to get around eh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×