Lucius

sore throat

Rate this topic

Been having a sore throat and a bit of a cough for 12 days now. Had a cold just last month, so pretty sure that's not it.

Symptoms are strange. Throat mostly low grade ache during the day, acting up at night. No really noticible swollen lymph nodes. Chills and sweats sometimes, but sporadic, no real fever. Throat does not look good, all white and pussy. Coughing up flem. No sinus issues.

Symptoms haven't gotten much worse, nor any better since it started. I have felt rather fatigued all the time..

Anybody experienced anything like it?

Could it be gonorrhoea/Chlamidia of the throat? No symptoms in the netherregions.

Probably visiting hospital tomorrow, curious what this could be, never experienced anything like it. Never had a std before.

13 minutes ago, ausmagoo said:

If it is as bad as you say...I would be visiting a Dr or hospital today to get it checked out.

No idea what you have..... but would get it checked now.

It's not that bad. Low grade pain and discomfort.. Just does not look good, looks like strep to me, but many things do..

No time today, but have talked to hotel owner and she'll give me a ride to bk-hospital tomorrow. 

It's been the same for 12 days, I can't see it escalate all of a sudden.

Ive been raised under dutch medical care, where if you go see a doctor with a sore throat, all you get is a lecture on rising medical expenses. Perhaps not if I tell m Ive been sucking lb cock in Pattaya though. :)

Edited by Lucius

I developed a bad flu last trip here before Xmas ...terrible coughing and sore throat for about a month . I think aircraft passages are a hotbed of bugs 

UK doctor refused to prescribe antibiotics as they are trying to reduce their usage and prefer to let our bodies fight the bugs and grow resistance . It was really a shit time , and I felt totally exhausted 

I didn't have a throat infection though , so I think given the state of your throat and knowing where it's been recently , you would be wise to get some tests mate  . 

In the short term , you can gargle with warm salty water and get some syrup/lozenges from the pharmacy which will give you some relief . Its really not best to self medicate with antibiotics from the pharmacy as you may just alleviate the symptoms whilst allowing the underlying infection to  remain.

Edited by LordJim

43 minutes ago, kathoeyfan said:

It could be Infectious mononucleosis  a.k.a. mono.  Had that with strep throat in high school and it wiped out a whole month.  Took multiple doctors to finally get the diagnosis correct.

That's something Im a bit affraid of. Just managed to see a doc. He told me it's viral and not to worry. Just rest a bit more.

It's just that I've had plenty of colds and none of them were like this..

How fatigued were you, when you had mono. I feel fatigued, but can still function ok. Legs feel a bit heavy and tired, but I can deal and push through. Which is probably what I should not do.. It honestly does not feel as bad as an accute cold, but it just persists..

Just now, Lucius said:

That's something Im a bit affraid of. Just managed to see a doc. He told me it's viral and not to worry. Just rest a bit more.

It's just that I've had plenty of colds and none of them were like this..

How fatigued were you, when you had mono. I feel fatigued, but can still function ok. Legs feel a bit heavy and tired, but I can deal and push through. Which is probably what I should not do.. It honestly does not feel as bad as an accute cold, but it just persists..

Very fatigued. Was in bed for 2 weeks straight.

Just now, kathoeyfan said:

Very fatigued. Was in bed for 2 weeks straight.

Ok, thanks. Im nowhere near that bad. 

I will put myself on rest for 2 more days. And I won't touch alcohol again for a while. I did do a few nights drinking in Pattaya, must have seriously screwed with my immune system..

8 hours ago, Lucius said:

Been having a sore throat and a bit of a cough for 12 days now. Had a cold just last month, so pretty sure that's not it.

Symptoms are strange. Throat mostly low grade ache during the day, acting up at night. No really noticible swollen lymph nodes. Chills and sweats sometimes, but sporadic, no real fever. Throat does not look good, all white and pussy. Coughing up flem. No sinus issues.

Symptoms haven't gotten much worse, nor any better since it started. I have felt rather fatigued all the time..

Anybody experienced anything like it?

Could it be gonorrhoea/Chlamidia of the throat? No symptoms in the netherregions.

Probably visiting hospital tomorrow, curious what this could be, never experienced anything like it. Never had a std before.

Aircon Flu?

:)

13 hours ago, setanta said:

You can get antibiotics at the local pharmacy or any of those clinics along soi buakhao.

Now, here's (finally) an interesting point.

One should be careful not to just roll up at a pharmacy and buy antibiotics;

And here's why;

If said One just decides that "Oh, I have a sore throat, discharging Old Fella, Bleeding Anus/ eyes/ resultant retarded Offspring etc." or the usual plethora of conditions known to beset Pattaya Mongers.

Then to simply go to a pharmacy and purchase, across the counter, antibiotics is not the best way to go. UNLESS ONE FOLLOWS TO THE LETTER, THE ADVICE OF THE PHARMACIST.

Because it is the nature of antibiotics to hit the weakest bugs first. Thus, if One takes just a few pills and feels, perhaps, better?

Then that is quite dangerous. Because all One's gut bacteria, for example has been obliterated, but the root cause of the pompem is still hanging in there.

Thus, the original cause of the problem may well survive, intact and One is left compromised.

So, the conquest ensues.

:)

Edited by Thaiman12

Man Flu, almost life ending, drink a beer with some cement added, might harden you up. 

Edited by LL Cool Dave

just got over with mine, same thing you had. and a lot of people here coughing,sore throat,fever. I got mine going to sleep hot then waking middle night cold. next morning fever with running nose. then the throat kicked in. it took 14 days to be gone oh and if I drank, the next morning I had no voice.!!!??? took half aday the first day to get voice back then the other 2 times about 1 hour.hang in there it will go way. I took tiffy and sara,

3 hours ago, chopper said:

just got over with mine, same thing you had. and a lot of people here coughing,sore throat,fever. I got mine going to sleep hot then waking middle night cold. next morning fever with running nose. then the throat kicked in. it took 14 days to be gone oh and if I drank, the next morning I had no voice.!!!??? took half aday the first day to get voice back then the other 2 times about 1 hour.hang in there it will go way. I took tiffy and sara,

Same here! Nearly 2 weeks and just about over it.  Tired of gobbing up green lumps every morning, and croaking my way through the day. Certainly this virus is a dogged and pernicious little fucker!

Edited by Zoonie the Lazoon

tiffy, forgot about that in Thailand, used it many times. Mine started in UK 2 weeks ago, still coughing and blowing my nose. If in UK, try Actifed for the runny nose. Whisky, lemon, honey and hot water for the chest.