Bighorn

Flu or flu like

Rate this topic

It is my observation that flu or flu like symptoms are quite prevalent amongst the LB fraternity.

Is it something that goes with the territory, the lifestyle etc., or or maybe something to do with hormones/steroids etc., that may weaken their immune system?.

Just about every LB I have known has had these sort of illnesses that last 2 or 3 days and then they are ok again. More so than the general public.

Any ideas?.

I  am not a Scientist but .

I think it's a combination of bad sleeping patterns, meeting lots of traveler's visiting bars coming from all over the world, very much like how a lot of us pick some sort of bug on a plane and then in and out of AC , it all catches up with you in the end 

I  am not a Scientist but .
I think it's a combination of bad sleeping patterns, meeting lots of traveler's visiting bars coming from all over the world, very much like how a lot of us pick some sort of bug on a plane and then in and out of AC , it all catches up with you in the end 

I think the flu is quite common these days. I flew back from the Philippines 2 weeks ago and ended up with sinusitis, had to take antibiotics for 5 days. Easy to catch something when enclosed in a plane with over 200 people. Now I understand why some people wear those masks.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With many them being intimate with dozens of guys each month, swapping spit, sucking cocks, illegal drugs, smoking, alcohol, poor nutrition, hormone injections and partying........eventually they are bound to exhibit symptoms of being unwell.

7 hours ago, Bighorn said:

It is my observation that flu or flu like symptoms are quite prevalent amongst the LB fraternity.

Is it something that goes with the territory, the lifestyle etc., or or maybe something to do with hormones/steroids etc., that may weaken their immune system?.

Just about every LB I have known has had these sort of illnesses that last 2 or 3 days and then they are ok again. More so than the general public.

Any ideas?.

AIRCON???????????????

DID you think they might be exposed because they live in certain environments, without air conditioning?

Then are routinely exposed to environments where their Foreign Customers like to perform? Witt AIR CONDITIONING?

Just for an hour, mind you. Or a night.

Oh, sh*t,

I'm having a "De Ja Vu" moment.

Again.

:)

Edited by Thaiman12
Walk a mile in another's shoes; and One might well read "Snowflakery" for what it truly is.

1 hour ago, Chicarito1974 said:

My observation and again its only anactodal from my own experiences is that all Thais not just lbs and not just those that work as prostitutes  are much more likely to say they are sick and much quicker to look for medicine to get better. Any type of ailment and it’s must go to the pharmacy and get medicine for fix. We in the west are more likely to soldier on and take medicine if cold or flu like symptoms persist or get worse.  I would suggest it’s a cultural thing and nothing to do with their work or lifestyle 

Chicarito...I would support your observation about culture. One LB acquaintance of mine had no more than a slightly dry throat and a stuffed nose. She went off to a pharmacy and emerged with SEVEN different types of pills and potions, including at least two antibiotics....all suggested by the "pharmacist"!  All that was needed was to take it easy for a couple of days and drink plenty of fluids. Absolutely crazy....no wonder these quack drug outlets are ten-a-penny in Thailand.

You couldn't make it up!

2 hours ago, Chicarito1974 said:

Are you suggesting it’s confined to lbs only and not the rest of the thai population. Or is this your Observation because you only fraternize and mix with lbs. secondly are you suggesting It’s  all lbs or just lbs who work as prostirutes.

My observation and again its only anactodal from my own experiences is that all Thais not just lbs and not just those that work as prostitutes  are much more likely to say they are sick and much quicker to look for medicine to get better. Any type of ailment and it’s must go to the pharmacy and get medicine for fix. We in the west are more likely to soldier on and take medicine if cold or flu like symptoms persist or get worse.  I would suggest it’s a cultural thing and nothing to do with their work or lifestyle 

I know a few nonp4p LBs and they also have this propensity to come down with a type of flu or flu symptoms, so not just working girls.

I know a few non LBs, but don't spend the same amount of time with them, so not aware of them having the same problem.

Don't know what part of the world you come from but the West is hardly innocent when it comes to running to the pharmacy when a sniffle occurs!.

5 hours ago, Zoonie the Lazoon said:

Colds, flu and sinusitis are viral not bacterial , so antibiotics would have been no use whatsoever to you. The body's own immune system sorted it!  Mis-use of antibiotics is one of the biggest dangers facing the world today.

I try telling people that.

Just take a few aspirin now and again and drink plenty of water. It is all you can do.

Geez, I sound like a doctor from 30 years ago

5 hours ago, Zoonie the Lazoon said:

Colds, flu and sinusitis are viral not bacterial , so antibiotics would have been no use whatsoever to you. The body's own immune system sorted it!  Mis-use of antibiotics is one of the biggest dangers facing the world today.

Sinusitis can also be bacterial. Please leave it up to a medical professional to diagnose which one it is. 

33 minutes ago, Bighorn said:

I know a few nonp4p LBs and they also have this propensity to come down with a type of flu or flu symptoms, so not just working girls.

I know a few non LBs, but don't spend the same amount of time with them, so not aware of them having the same problem.

Don't know what part of the world you come from but the West is hardly innocent when it comes to running to the pharmacy when a sniffle occurs!.

I have found that a doctor or pharmacist in Thailand will dispense a lot more  medicine tablets antibiotics etc compared to pharmacists or doctors in Ireland.

it may be different in the US. For instance anti depressants are sometimes dished  out like smarties in the States. In Ireland a doctor is much slower to prescribe antidepressants if a patient presents with depression like symptoms will try other remedies first like exercise improving lifestyle trying to determine if really is clinical depression as opposed to someone feeling very down. So I guess depends where in the west one isftom 

1 minute ago, Chicarito1974 said:

I have found that a doctor or pharmacist in Thailand will dispense a lot more  medicine tablets antibiotics etc compared to pharmacists or doctors in Ireland.

it may be different in the US. For instance anti depressants are sometimes dished  out like smarties in the States. In Ireland a doctor is much slower to prescribe antidepressants if a patient presents with depression like symptoms will try other remedies first like exercise improving lifestyle trying to determine if really is clinical depression as opposed to someone feeling very down. So I guess depends where in the west one isftom 

If you believe some of the reality shows on US tv, every second kid has adhd or whatever, and is on Ritalin. What a drugged up nation. And they can't legally drink alcohol until 21!.

Go figure!.

7 hours ago, Zoonie the Lazoon said:

I came back from a week in the Philippines last year with the worst flu I have ever had ....it started on my last days in Manila and then a week in Thailand before I flew to UK . After a week in the UK in November I was feeling completely  fucked , so on my sisters insistence ( an ex health worker ) I went to the local walk in GP Doctor in Central Hull where I was staying , some 20 miles away from my normal doctor in a village near my farm 

Its a f nightmare in the UK ,  to get service away from your home GP , you must call in after 8 am to make an appointment and once they are full they close the diary and then you start again next day ! They won't make appointments for anything past the present day 

I ended up presenting myself at their reception at 8a/m and was first in when the young  doctor opened for business 

Well what an obnoxious twat he was !!!!!!

He asked me how long I had been crook and I told him about two weeks ...he showed me his written guidelines not to consider antibiotics until patient had displayed symptoms for 21 days ...so that was a waste of effort . I recalculated it and stated actually it is three weeks now but he wouldn't be swayed 

Trying to mitigate my wasted time I asked him if he could give me a prescription for Statins which I had completely run out of that week  ...again he refused .

I have dual nationality and homes in both UK and NZ and have paid taxes both ends so am entitled to healthcare both ends ..This twat kept insisting I should seek treatment in NZ as they had issued my last batch ... ...He must've told me 6 times , you should get these drugs in NZ as they issued your last prescription ., or you can try your normal GP in the village  To which I replied each time that I was feeing totally crap and was currently residing in the city, giving him my address  ,  so didn't feel well enough to drive a 40 mile round trip nor could I realistically ask my NZ doctor to assist me .

Still he refused 

Eventually in frustration  I used the f word .......as in ....."Doctor I don't live in  New Zealand now,  as I have moved to fucking Hull  , so I need a script here , so please can you help me ? "

He immediately accused me of swearing AT him , which imo I did not do , I believe I swore at Hull !

Anyways he delighted in showing me  the door ....he didn't look so smug when I politely asked him for a copy of his Practice Complains Procedure .

In fairness he is probably working at the bottom of the food chain in Hull City Centre , but what a cunt !

Had to drive out to the village the next day ....where my usual Doctor sat me down , listened to my whinging for half an hour over a cup of tea , before giving me everything the young guy had refused ...

I truly fear for the future of the UK National Health Service .....Aneurin Bevan must be spinning in his grave .

@Bighorn & @Chicarito1974

I agree that I the UK seem to be tightening up on prescribing antidepressants which is a good thing .

I will never forget the day , when in my 20s ,  I came back to one of my Uncles' farm in Wales after three days hiking in Snowdonia . My buddy and I had left our car there and free camped for three nights on the hills  .

When we arrived at the farm  at dusk , wet cold and exhausted , my little Welsh auntie bustled around putting the kettle on to make us some tea . Knowing that they didn't really drink , I nervously asked if they had any whisky to put a shot in the tea . She looked aghast and remonstrated that they would't have spirits in the home  and I should know better than to ask !. I had expected as much but was amazed when she then went on to offer me a handful of Valium saying " take a couple of these dear , they always make me feel much better !" 

Turns out that she and quite a few other women in the village were complete junkies as the local handsome doctor used to prescribe Valium for any condition they presented with

Poor Auntie Gladys and a few others had hellish issues weaning themselves off them a couple of years later ......her sister ended up falling down a mine shaft , either accidentally off her head on Valium or deliberately whilst suffering withdrawal symptoms ...all very tragic .

But no hard liquor in the home !!!

Edited by LordJim

7 hours ago, Zoonie the Lazoon said:

with all due respect i'd beg to differ, sinusitis can also be bacterial, but needs a two week dose of antibiotics as it takes longer to "get at" . i took a flight from dubai to dublin last friday night, felt weird on saturday, bad on sunday and by monday morning i was in an absolute jocker.. eventually got it together to get my head off the pillow and down to the docs, he took a good long examination and  confirmed acute sinusitis, most probably caught on the plane. he too is wary of dispensing anti-biotics like smarties but had no hesitation in writing a script.     

Sinusitis can also be bacterial. Please leave it up to a medical professional to diagnose which one it is. 

Absolutely, on the Healthline website it’s states that a sinusitis that produces yellow or green phlegm, is caused by a bacterial infection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, let's get back to flu or flu like symptoms.

I am sure you know?. Headache, fever, sore throat, and coughing.

Sinusitus can be associated with these, but is another topic!.

I was referring to what MOST people know as the "flu". 

I think MOST people have flu like symptoms without sinusitis.

So I will say again. A couple of aspirin every 4 hours or so and plenty of water, rest , and time, get you over the "flu" thing.

No need to rush off to the quack and get pumped full of drugs!.

Like just about everyone here I am no quack, just my opinion.

The thread was started because of my experience with LB.s, and their susceptibility to experience these symptoms.

7 minutes ago, Bighorn said:

So I will say again. A couple of aspirin every 4 hours or so and plenty of water, rest , and time, get you over the "flu" thing.

The thread was started because of my experience with LB.s, and their susceptibility to experience these symptoms.

I often get sinusitis without getting the flu ....I think its from zircon and plane travel , traffic pollution and other 2018 shit we put up with .

I find the best treatment is a Saline Nasal Flush ....Its a soft plastic 500mm bottle with a small nozzle 

Fill it with warm water(pref pre boiled / sterile ) and a prepared salt sachet . This is then squirted up each nostril whilst inhaling . The water floods the sinus cavity and returns down the back of the throat , flushing out all the nasties and sterilising the area .

A few days of this and everything settles down .

It sounds like some barbaric torture , but does clear out all the snot / phlegm etc and lets you breathe easier .

It's very satisfying , bit like an anal douche for the nose 

Bottles and sachets of saline are available in most pharmacies worldwide 

Note 

Do not try using household salt if you run out of saline , it stings and burns like hell and you will feel like some drug cartel have captured you and you will confess to anything !!

16 minutes ago, Bighorn said:

Hard to tell if it's just a common cold unless a health care provider does a legit diagnosis. Symptoms like sore throat/coughing/fever can also be caused by several other things. For instance, it could be strep throat. Not unlikely for someone that has lots of intimate contacts. Strep throat should not be left untreated and require antibiotics.

1 hour ago, LordJim said:

I often get sinusitis without getting the flu ....I think its from zircon and plane travel , traffic pollution and other 2018 shit we put up with .

I find the best treatment is a Saline Nasal Flush ....Its a soft plastic 500mm bottle with a small nozzle 

Fill it with warm water(pref pre boiled / sterile ) and a prepared salt sachet . This is then squirted up each nostril whilst inhaling . The water floods the sinus cavity and returns down the back of the throat , flushing out all the nasties and sterilising the area .

A few days of this and everything settles down .

It sounds like some barbaric torture , but does clear out all the snot / phlegm etc and lets you breathe easier .

It's very satisfying , bit like an anal douche for the nose 

Bottles and sachets of saline are available in most pharmacies worldwide 

Note 

Do not try using household salt if you run out of saline , it stings and burns like hell and you will feel like some drug cartel have captured you and you will confess to anything !!

Haha, I do get that and have the saline bottle treatment. Sort of works.

The doc explained it as the body having a trap to catch all the greebies. Problem is that the trap has the outlet at the top so you get the buildup before it overflows and causes all the gunk to flow into your throat. Nice eh?.

1 hour ago, hellah said:

Hard to tell if it's just a common cold unless a health care provider does a legit diagnosis. Symptoms like sore throat/coughing/fever can also be caused by several other things. For instance, it could be strep throat. Not unlikely for someone that has lots of intimate contacts. Strep throat should not be left untreated and require antibiotics.

Ok, I give in!.

I nasal flush every morning and night as part of a long term solution to sleep apnea. I definitely notice that it makes a difference to just overall nasal health. I used to get blocked up and stuffy and was constantly blowing my nose, now that's all more or loess gone away.

Most people I know that do nasal flushing (way more than I would have expected before I heard about the procedure), use the "Flo" bottle. Pretty easy to get the "Flo" bottle and saline sachets in most pharmacies. 

"Flo" bottle 

What does a "Flo" bottle look like?

Another question when you do a nasal flush, can you see the crap in the water after flushing?

Do you guys pluck your nasal hair per chance?

1 hour ago, giggs said:

I nasal flush every morning and night as part of a long term solution to sleep apnea. I definitely notice that it makes a difference to just overall nasal health. I used to get blocked up and stuffy and was constantly blowing my nose, now that's all more or loess gone away.

Most people I know that do nasal flushing (way more than I would have expected before I heard about the procedure), use the "Flo" bottle. Pretty easy to get the "Flo" bottle and saline sachets in most pharmacies. 

Ye I've been doing that for the last 5 weeks, since I  had a septoplasty, I'm still at the healing stage, but the flushing does make a difference and will continue doing it.