larrymac90

30 day visa extension

Rate this topic

There is an online system that the hotels (etc) use to register you after you check in. One should probably ask when checking in, if they plan to extend at a later date, if they will be registered with immigration (and hope the person at the desk knows what the hell you are talking about). However the small guesthouse where I stay was unable to get access to the system (reason unknown). So the Thai GG that is listed as owner photocopies my passport picture page and visa/arrival stamp page and takes it to Jomtien and registers me. But I stay all winter so they like to make me happy.

Edited by Len Dtuut

7 minutes ago, Len Dtuut said:

There is an online system that the hotels (etc) use to register you after you check in. One should probably ask when checking in, if they plan to extend at a later date, if they will be registered with immigration (and hope the person at the desk knows what the hell you are talking about). However the small guesthouse where I stay was unable to get access to the system (reason unknown). So the Thai GG that is listed as owner photocopies my passport picture page and visa/arrival stamp page and takes it to Jomtien. But I stay all winter so they like to make me happy.

So do you get more than one extension if you are staying all winter?

8 minutes ago, peper said:

You can get ONE extension every time you enter the country. After 90 days (tourist visa 60 days + 30 day extension) I have to make a border run to Cambodia (or someplace outside Thailand).

Edited by Len Dtuut

7 minutes ago, peper said:

PM Lordjim, I think he has the answer for you :)

Maybe the rules change from season to season.

12 minutes ago, Len Dtuut said:

You can get ONE extension every time you enter the country. After 90 days (tourist visa 60 days + 30 day extension) I have to make a border run to Cambodia (or someplace outside Thailand).

Ok and the border run is done in one day with a minivan i think.Do you have a number or info for such minivan? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, peper said:

Ok and the border run is done in one day with a minivan i think.Do you have a number or info for such minivan? Thanks.

Here are two of the better ones seating wise. You can get cheaper runs in vans with bench seats that pack in more passengers. If you Google 'visa runs pattaya' you will get a lot of info.

http://1stclassvisaruns.com/

https://fivestarvisaruns.com

On 3/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, LordJim said:

If you go to Immigration within 48 hours of landing (excluding weekends ) and take your tennancy agreement you should be ok as I would doubt they would look back on previous trips ...but TiT so they may do .

They seem to rely on you making incriminating statements ...like confessing you didn't register previously .

So if the ask you , just say that you understand the landlord did it last time .

At worst its 1600B/fine 

Tnx!

My landlord didn't really want to register but after I said I would go to immigration myself with my contract they got a bit stressed and registered a profile online :D 

So I guess the only thing I have to do is take a photo of passport and immigration slip and send them it through Line so they can upload it online and register.