• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 SA-80

SA-80

Newbie LB Lover

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

I would like to say.... do not put any feet at Areca Lodge.

1) They call Police for nothing, to verify identities of guest. At 5 in the morning you can have someone knocking at your door to ask ID of your guest and after that you need to pay 1'000 Baht to the reception.
2) My friend luggages dispear at Areca Lodge between reception and room. He lost everything. Local people have taken all the stuff, and Police can not find the one who stole the stuffs.
3) They charge you for a lot of stupid thing, and sometimes 2 or 3 times the same meal.

They do not have tourists now and close to bankrupsy so they are in the situation to try to make money for money and for survive.

At this time, stay far, very far from Areca.

#2 garrydirty

garrydirty

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,136 posts
  • Interests:fem-boys Ladyboys, money, gambling, horse racing, F1 boxing, and travel

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

sounds like you had a bad time ....... its the first time i think that iv read a bad report about this place???? most punters that go there says its ok :Angel With Star: anyway sorry to hear about your time there... i do no they have a policy on age on id i think its over 21.... sure other BM,s will correct me if i wrong :Bubble Gum:

#3 Slacker

Slacker

Absolute Cad

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Interests:Muckspreading, Rub and Tug shops

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

It's not the first time that I've seen someone make an accusation with their 1st post. Who knows, some may be genuine but I strongly suspect that there is a hidden agenda here. The Areca does have a policy about guests under the age of 21 and charges for a 2nd joiner. It's not a big deal to most and a relief to guests who don't want the histrionics that sometimes go along with younger BFs and the noisier 'party' crowd. Areca may not be everyone's cup of tea, but remains consistently popular. I stayed at the Evergreen Wing last time (March) and was pleasantly surprised - I've not heard of problems similar to that which the OP alleges.

#4 Turk182

Turk182

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

plus they don't allow guests back under 21, which kinda sucks...

#5 Solice

Solice

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,001 posts
  • Interests:WWW.sensationsbar.blogspot.co.uk/

Youtube.com - scotts thailand

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:10 PM

Never had a problem at the Areca, stayed there many times.

Tried to book for christmas but it was too expensive and anyway they only had one room left available.

Regards, Solice

#6 Landslide

Landslide

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:27 PM

plus they don't allow guests back under 21, which kinda sucks...

Last time I stayed at the Areca Lodge (March 2009), if you brought a guest back to the hotel, the minimum age was 20, and the charge for a second guest was B500. I never had any trouble and found the hotel to be a comfortable place to stay. I am surprised the OP had that many problems.

Edited by Landslide, 12 August 2010 - 11:28 PM.

#7 gradys

gradys

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:45 AM

Stayed there many times and other than the exceptionally poor wifi, never had an issue. The minimum age is 20 as the poster above says and 500 for a second guest.
I like the place and it has the best free breakfast I have come across.

#8 Rolf Golf

Rolf Golf

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

Stayed there for two weeks in july, in one of the new patio suites in evergreen, never had any problem, had a lot of guests, they just took ID and didnĀ“t charge me one baht extra when I had more than one... They just shock their heads when I came with GG in the afternoon and a LB later that night night.. Only good memories from Areca... Did never wake up in time for the breakfast..

#9 ladyboy 4 everyone

ladyboy 4 everyone

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Thailand, Ladyboys and beer.

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

Stayed there for two weeks March last year, back again in June three weeks. Had no problem with age of Lady who was 19, she stayed with me
a few nights. Great hotel and great location. One bad side, they put the price up this year.

#10 seanjean

seanjean

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:43 AM

Third time going back to Pattaya Areca, never had a problem, they did cll the police when I left a bar without paying by mistake I was drunk lol, got my I'd back after I paid their 300 baht
Cheers
Areca is an awesome place ESP the orn bar next door in late night early morning hours

#11 Moo Yung

Moo Yung

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

I used to love the Areca lodge about 4 years ago. The location is ideal, more now so than ever, and the open plan layout and two pools reminds you that you're on holiday.

The downfall has come recently now that they are more strict at times on the 2nd guest joiner fee and occassionally want guests to be over 21 one (I think a lot depending on whether the big boss is in town..).

The rooms have also gone down hill and need a referb, but I did get a friend checked into their Evergreen Tower (the new bit out back), and I was impressed with his room.

#12 dutch

dutch

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:The Thai LB scene.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

The rooms have also gone down hill and need a referb, ....

They did that already.

#13 baldyneiluk

baldyneiluk

Newbie LB Lover

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

Having read some of the posts on here, i can only say i have always been made very welcome at Areca Lodge, the staff are so friendly and most of all i have never had any problems when it comes to bringing back a Ladyboy.
I have stayed there many times on my annual Christmas holidays so by now they know what i am like, and know what to expect, haha.
The rooms now have had a refurb in the Areca and Corona wings.
I too have to say i never once made it for breakfast, either i was busy or i didn't come back to the hotel til late morning, many a late nite down Walking Street, hahahaha.

#14 weblo

weblo

Newbie LB Lover

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

stayed there in february. great place. clean refurbished rooms, smiling staff, good breakfast, 2 pools. will DEFINITELY stay there again!

#15 dango1501

dango1501

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

Have not stayed at the Areca lately. I see they list some rooms as super deluxe. Are these rooms in the evergreen building and what's the difference between these rooms and deluxe apart from the price?

#16 dutch

dutch

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:The Thai LB scene.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Have not stayed at the Areca lately. I see they list some rooms as super deluxe. Are these rooms in the evergreen
building and what's the difference between these rooms and deluxe apart from the price?

They are indeed in the Evergreen building. I cannot say what the difference is because they have
renovated the other two buildings lately.

#17 dango1501

dango1501

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

They are indeed in the Evergreen building. I cannot say what the difference is because they have
renovated the other two buildings lately.

Thanks for the info Dutch.

#18 jojo55

jojo55

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Difference is that the Deluxe rooms in Evergreen have a japan style decor and cable connect for internet instead of WLAN, but they dont have a balcony which was a no-go for me

HF
Jo

#19 diamonddog

diamonddog

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Interests:Quality and Quantity

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

here is a great point about old threads with i have just posted about, in 2010 when this started maybe the hotel was not good but now 2011 and 12 it seems all refurbished and good, things change quickly like any city

#20 jcs

jcs

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts
  • Interests:The quiet life..

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

It was refurbished on the old wing last year when I was staying in the other side, Dicko and me are staying there for 5 days from 19thApril, good price as well

As you know i cancelled my room for those dates, but will give it a go for November

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users