• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 MrMercury

MrMercury

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Interests:Football, fishing, snooker, pool, golf, history, archaeology, music, computers, good food, beer, ladyboys, girls and sex. But not necessarily in that order.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

Whilst looking at the Pattaya Photo guide I noticed an Indian restaurant somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot remember where it was. When I am in Patts I am looking forward to sampling the local food but it would be nice to have an Indian when I am there as well. Can anyone recommend any decent ones please?

Thanks for your help,

Dave.

:Eating:

#2 69billy

69billy

LB Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:09 AM

There are few but be warned,they are not cheap...I do like a bit of Indian now n them..But now days I go to Pattaya Festival Hall(Soi9)..They got a food hall downstairs n they do nice Indian food there, which I like.. it is bit limited menu but its OK..

#3 69billy

69billy

LB Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

I think this two is the ones you seen..
http://www.pattayaph...m/?wjxRUGprkchD
http://www.pattayaph...m/?VWwRUJaqkcRC

#4 jcs

jcs

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts
  • Interests:The quiet life..

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:26 AM

Go to Tops supermarket on pattaya klang, they have good indian food there

#5 MrMercury

MrMercury

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Interests:Football, fishing, snooker, pool, golf, history, archaeology, music, computers, good food, beer, ladyboys, girls and sex. But not necessarily in that order.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

Cheers for the info guys. The second link you posted 69billy was the one I had seen. Surprised to hear they are expensive though. Will have a look when I get there.

Many thanks.

#6 KenW

KenW

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:cock, tiny titlets, slut toes.

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

I too will be in need of Indian nosh in P.

Thanx to 69billy for those 2 locations.

What are we meaning here by expensive? Got any numbers to give me a clue?

Thanx in advance.

#7 69billy

69billy

LB Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

well when I says expensive you are look at western prices..In many places in Pattaya you can have good meal for 200-250bht or less.But at Indian restaurants you are looking at over 500+bt..
Here is list of few more indians..
http://www.pattaya-f...k.com/m1620.htm

#8 MrMercury

MrMercury

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

Cheers again 69billy.... looks like I may have to forego a ST for an Indian.... :Eating:

#9 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

There is a good, reasonable (half the price of other places) on Soi Buakhao directly opposite the entrance to Soi Honey.  Thinks it's called Tandoori House or something like that.  Well worth checking out.

#10 MrMercury

MrMercury

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

There is a good, reasonable (half the price of other places) on Soi Buakhao directly opposite the entrance to Soi Honey.  Thinks it's called Tandoori House or something like that.  Well worth checking out.

Thanks for that Bumblebee, will check that one out as staying near there at CanterburyTales.

Cheers.

#11 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for that Bumblebee, will check that one out as staying near there at CanterburyTales.

Cheers.

My pleasure MM.  Like most places on Soi Buakhao it's caters for the long termers thus the good value.  No silly tourist prices. 

#12 KenW

KenW

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:05 AM

OK billy that makes it all clear. Western prices are expensive, and if I've got my exchange rate clear yet 500 TB is a bit expensive isn't it.

Thanx also for access to that P food & drink page - that's a good resource.

Also nod of thanx to BB for that Soi Buakhao address.

Now this evening editing with some more thoughts:

Thanx again to MM who I think from memory started the thread, 69billy and BB who have all now assured that I have more than ample Indian eating sites in P at which to indulge my nosh tastes this trip. As you may have gathered Indian tucker is my favourite in the world, and probably given freedom of choice I would live there. But as I have just asked on my profile comment update: what difference will this trip to P make? Will it change my life? Thai LBs and FBs from the images I've seen are certainly among the most beautiful. I have seen and experienced many VNese and some Cambodian ones in the flesh, and can vouch for how stunning they are (the lying lil VNese cheats :No No Tut Tut: ). I have met about half a dozen hijras but they were all as ugly as me. Not a good look. However, to make up for that Indians do have stacks of gorgeous FBs. So who knows where I'll end up. This trip to Pattaya may be something of a Rubicon in my life.

Edited by KenW, 09 September 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#13 Twoshots

Twoshots

Ladyboy Hustler

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:22 AM

I do like a good curry, but I still think that some of the the best Indian food is found in the Uk, and many of the worst found in India.

#14 KenW

KenW

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

Well, with respect, I am not headed to the UK, but am bound for Pattaya. Hence my interest - even though I admit my post wandered a bit there - in Indian eateries in P. (As was MM when he opened the thread.)

#15 Twoshots

Twoshots

Ladyboy Hustler

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

whatever

#16 mmdoes

mmdoes

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

The one in Buakhow opposite Soi honey is called the Tikka Center. Very good, and cheap.

#17 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

The one in Buakhow opposite Soi honey is called the Tikka Center. Very good, and cheap.

That's it Mmdoes, I knew it was a T, I said tandoori but yes its Tikka Centre, great spot to eat and people watch.

#18 PitPat

PitPat

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:57 AM

69billy sent this link: FOOD

I think the one called "Bombay Palace" was the place. One visit to Pattaya I stayed at Baboona (On Beach road between soi 3 and soi 4), I remember I walked down about a block and a half on beach road and found the most amazing Indian food.

#19 Bolton Beast

Bolton Beast

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • Interests:Football,Eating,Golf & Sex

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:33 AM

I would love to find a decent curry house in Pattaya not found one yet,most seem to serve up bland rubbish,especially the ones on the tourist trail and are bloody expensive as well,dont know how a sub standard ruby can cost more in Thailand than in Bradford when the ingredients ,labour and rent are so much cheaper,best one I had was in a mate of mines house who is one of the dreaded tailors,his wife made me a cracker and my 5 shirts didnt cost me much more than a good blow out at a UK curry house.

#20 KenW

KenW

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:34 AM

MrMercury you will be pleased to know, as was I, that Pattaya is crawling with Indian restaurants. I didn't see any in the soi I went into, but all the main roads, Beach, Second, Klang, etcetera, set meal it were, have an Indian eatery on average about every few blocks.

Self styled as "Pattaya's Most Famous Indian Restauarant" Alibaba is situated on Central Pattaya Road (aka Pattaya Klang) at #1/13-14. It looks the goods, very flash with an extensive menu, and does home deliveries. Most dishes in the range 200-300 TB, which for local standards are deemed expensive prices. But if you think about it, 3 such dishes and some rice & drinks will set you back about 1,000 TB, or 30 USD. Hardly expensive by global standards. The doorman/ barker is kitted out in the full maharaja outfit and all seems very classy. Unfortunately I didn't get time to eat there, but it's on my list for next time. Open from midday till midnight every day.

Another similarly classy looking and popular place is located between the soi 10 and soi 11 corners on Beach Road. Sher "E" Punjab. From my wandering observations it seemed to open and close about the same times, ie 12:00 - 24:00. Disappointingly, they had no menu lectern out front, and no staff trying, tailor like, to impress passersby and drag you inside. So I cannot comment on food or prices. Each time I was nearby I had eaten already or had other plans, so it's another next time one as well.

The first one I ate in was Dillii Haat, at 437/87 M9 soi 6/1. It is about 30m from the corner of the soi with Beach Rd. Opening hours: 11:30 - 23:30. An upstairs place, with a huge room for seating about 80 diners, but presumably not airconditioned on quiet days, for we (this was about 21:00, and I was with a LB) were ushered through to an adjoining area behind glass which seated about 16 and was aircon active. Two friendly and attentive Thai girls acted as waitstaff. Elegant decor. Neither of us were all that hungry, so I simply ordered a chicken curry, yellow Indian rice (heshe said she wanted that), and a butter naan. See how we go. It turned out to be enough, with servings quite large. The rice was too gluggy for my tastes, the curry OK and the BN perfect. I had a gutfull of beer and LB cum, so we shared a small water. With 10% service charge and 7% VAT, the bill came to just over 510 TB, pretty cheap for two.

Another day I ate lunch alone at Tandoori House, 397/26 2nd Road. I can't recall exactly, but it's roughly in the area of soi 11, 12, 13, somewhere there, opposite Mike Shopping Mall. Also elegant decor. Aircon. Mutton curry, jeera rice and butter naan, with a sweet lassi to drink brought a bill total of 350 TB (no extra charges). I rarely eat a lot at lunchtime, so this was way too much for me. They happily packed up the remains and I took them back to my hotel room for another day. The food was OK, the mutton just a wee bit tough but very hot and spicey, the rice fine and the BN fair.

Following day I ate a very late lunch a bit after 15:00 at a place called Little India in the Central Shopping Arcade, off 2nd Road, #216/41, not far from the above and again advertised as opposite Mike Shopping Mall. Nice quiet venue at the end of the arcade, looking out onto pot planted palms, other plants and a beer bar. I had an aloo matter, a daal soup and my ubiquitous butter naan. With 2 glasses of chilled white (80 TB each) the bill came to 430. The food was only fair, the aloo gravy too thick, with the texture of toothpaste, the BN poor, and the soup OK. However, I was again able to take some home.

So, to try to help out a bit by comparing these 3 outlets, as you ask MM, for any recommendations. I use a simple index for Indian restaurants - based only on food and not taking into consideration service, ambience and other things provided they are all reasonably equal. I take the 3 main dishes and neglect minor ones. In this case it was easy as at each joint I/we only had 3 dishes. Score each out of 10 then average. (Scores are totally subjective, merely according to my tastes.)

This exercise gives the following ratings:

Restaurant Index
Dillii Haat 6
Tandoori House 5
Little India 3.6

But it needs to be remembered that while all had reasonable service and aircon, DH had 10% + 7% whacked onto bill that the other 2 didn't have.

Even with the taxes, I feel DH was the best meal, and LI the weakest, so the index works for the comparison. Anyhow, that's just a very small sample to whet your whistle and ponder as locations to take your favourite LB for what is possibly a novel dining experience for himher.
  • MrMercury likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users