• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 KenW

KenW

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:cock, tiny titlets, slut toes.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:19 AM

i'm gonna check this place out when i am next in patts

Why are they so coy in that advert blurb?

All we get is a hotel that it's near, no address, no details, not even a name.

Sounds a bit suss to me.

#42 LazyJay

LazyJay

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:06 PM

Why are they so coy in that advert blurb?

All we get is a hotel that it's near, no address, no details, not even a name.

Sounds a bit suss to me.

as far as i know, the poster on TV is a gay guy who lives in Jomtien and posts a few resturant reviews there, don't know him personally. anyway my plan is to buzz round on the motosi and if i cannot find it or it looks rubbish, no loss can just head off somwhere else (ez bar probabaly LOL)

cheers

#43 KenW

KenW

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

as far as i know, the poster on TV is a gay guy who lives in Jomtien and posts a few resturant reviews there, don't know him personally. anyway my plan is to buzz round on the motosi and if i cannot find it or it looks rubbish, no loss can just head off somwhere else (ez bar probabaly LOL)

cheers

OK, be keen to hear what you find.

#44 Streetwalker

Streetwalker

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

Jaylovely 1990

Your link does not work and you ommitted the name of the Indian restaurant. Please post name and location.

#45 koykaeng

koykaeng

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Ladyboys with large appendages, good food & wine and alternative music.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

I think it's worth stating that British Indian Restaurant Curries are quite different to the standard fare one would encounter in India & potentially outside the UK.

There is a large emphasis on the gravy or curry base as it's often referred to.

I love my Indian food, and often enjoy South Indian fare, such as Dosas & Hyderabad style Biryani.

Anyway, I found this little place called Madras Darbar via a google search. It's located right opposite Central Festival on Pattaya 2nd Road, is a fairly compact venue, and was pretty full whenever I visited.
I was literally the only non-Indian in the place, but that's often the case back in Melbourne with the various obscure Asian & Indian places I like to visit.

I had a Hyderabadi style chicken Biryani, and it was simply magnificent, not to mention quite spicy.

Will return soon to samples more of the menu for sure.

Cheers
Koykaeng

Edited by koykaeng, 05 October 2010 - 09:17 PM.

• Bumblebee likes this

#46 Jason_Bourne

Jason_Bourne

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Interests:The LB on the other side of my phone

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

I am amazed that this thread has lasted so long. Just to keep things going, I will mention that I can recommend a good Indian restaurant in Chiang Mai, and a good Thai restaurant in Calcutta.

:PC Under Hammer:

#47 LazyJay

LazyJay

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

Jaylovely 1990

Your link does not work and you ommitted the name of the Indian restaurant. Please post name and location.

http://www.hotelbeve...ges/map_big.jpg

try that link, please understand i have never been there yet, as i am not in pattaya now, i will be in jomtien november and check it out then, if i find it any good will post more detail then

cheers

jay

#48 Streetwalker

Streetwalker

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for the link - so it is not far from Soi VC.
I will try to visit soon to see how it stacks up.

#49 Nob Hoskins

Nob Hoskins

Awesome LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:Putting stockings on my head

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

I am amazed that this thread has lasted so long. Just to keep things going, I will mention that I can recommend a good Indian restaurant in Chiang Mai, and a good Thai restaurant in Calcutta.

:PC Under Hammer:

You know they've even got one in Chiang rai too now... I've heard it shit though...
And do you know that I've actually eaten a 'Phile' (wrong spelling), anyway, it's the hottest one you can EVER eat & I did it after winning a pickkled egg eating contest when I was 19 yrs old... Fuck, I was in trouble for a few days after that!!!

I don't know why I look at this thread anymore, either... but yeah, keep it going for the sake of it... I shit myself in an indian resaurant when I was on a date once too, that didn't go down well!

Edited by Lung Somchai, 07 October 2010 - 07:32 AM.

#50 KenW

KenW

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

Now come on JB & LS, give us a break. In a global cosmo world why can't we marsala fetishists wax lyrical about Indian nosheries in P?

Well, we're just loving it, isn't it? :Bunch Of Roses:

And: where better to talk to someone about VVS Laxman?

#51 peterk

peterk

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:30 AM

I have not tried every indian restaurant in patts but out of the ones that i have the Tikka centre is the best value for money it is very reasonable price and the food is very good even their thai dishes are really good and thats not just my opinion but that of some Thai girls.KenW you should try Alibaba although not cheap their Fish tikka massala is really good And the yellow dal is excellant. The majority of uk style currys are very sub standard as they are not authentic. However some of the balti restaurants are good. I live in the North of england where we have a fish quay and plenty of quality fresh fish yet there are only a few places that serve decent fish and chips and most absolute rubbish! I can't believe that people think curries in the Uk are much better than India. Obviousley there will be bad places to eat in India that does not mean uk curries are better. By the way there is a great Arab restaurant that does really good curries and i have seen Thai chefs cooking them as well as others in Bangkok. The Name is AL-HUSSAIN it is in the Arab quarter between soi 3 and sukhumvit rd.

#52 KenW

KenW

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

I have not tried every indian restaurant in patts but out of the ones that i have the Tikka centre is the best value for money it is very reasonable price and the food is very good even their thai dishes are really good and thats not just my opinion but that of some Thai girls.KenW you should try Alibaba although not cheap their Fish tikka massala is really good And the yellow dal is excellant. The majority of uk style currys are very sub standard as they are not authentic. However some of the balti restaurants are good. I live in the North of england where we have a fish quay and plenty of quality fresh fish yet there are only a few places that serve decent fish and chips and most absolute rubbish! I can't believe that people think curries in the Uk are much better than India. Obviousley there will be bad places to eat in India that does not mean uk curries are better. By the way there is a great Arab restaurant that does really good curries and i have seen Thai chefs cooking them as well as others in Bangkok. The Name is AL-HUSSAIN it is in the Arab quarter between soi 3 and sukhumvit rd.

Thanks peterk. Yes, I got as far as the front door of Alibaba last time, got a menu from the barker. But was just too busy to get back there any evening. Will next time. The Arab place you mention sounds interesting.

#53 jcs

jcs

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts
  • Interests:The quiet life..

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

I think it's worth stating that British Indian Restaurant Curries are quite different to the standard fare one would encounter in India & potentially outside the UK.

I love my Indian food, and often enjoy South Indian fare, such as Dosas & Hyderabad style Biryani.

Anyway, I found this little place called Madras Darbar via a google search. It's located right opposite Central Festival on Pattaya 2nd Road, is a fairly compact venue, and was pretty full whenever I visited.
I was literally the only non-Indian in the place, but that's often the case back in Melbourne with the various obscure Asian & Indian places I like to visit.

I had a Hyderabadi style chicken Biryani, and it was simply magnificent, not to mention quite spicy.

Cheers
Koykaeng

Yes i have visited this one a few times, and you are more than likely to be the only non-indian in there, saying that it is very different to UK style curries, non less it is still quite good.

just a word of warning, their mild curries are very hot and their hot curries will give your bottom a warm glow the next morning!!

#54 KenW

KenW

LB Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

So, for a man of my type, it seems a priority option becomes:

1 hot curry from Madras Darbar + 1 hot LB overnight

= (to quote jcs) my bottom with one warm glow next morning!

:Mooning:

#55 blue1878

blue1878

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

I like indian food but don't have an indian meal every time I'm in Pattaya. Since I first visited fun city I've mainly eaten at the Ali Baba in Pattaya Klang. Most of the meals there have been very good but I've had the occasional one that has not been up to there usual standards

#56 Titian

Titian

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:Om Dvnkoksung

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

I do like a good curry, but I still think that some of the the best Indian food is found in the Uk,

Absolutely correct. It is generally acknowledged that, outside South Asia, the best Indian cuisine is to be found in Birmingham (England, not Alabama). It's my favourite food, but like anything, gets boring in excess. Last time I was in Pakistan after 4 days of Pakistani food I was dying for pasta. Similarly in Thailand, Om only ever eats Thai food, but I prefer not to have it twice a day although I am happy to eat it once. I took her to an Indian restaurant on Beach Road in June, and she sort of liked it, but has not volunteered to have it since. I'd be interested to know from those who wax lyrical about Indian food in Pattaya whether you ever take your Thai ladies with you, and, if so, what do they think.

R.

#57 Lost In Loei

Lost In Loei

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

Cheers
Koykaeng

I live in Madras and have to agree that the Hyderbad style is definitely the best Biriani. I love all of the food from Andhra Pradesh, although the Europeans might want something with a little less kick. I generally avoid Indian food when I am on an escape but your review was so strong that I am going to make a point to try this place the next time I am in town.

Thanks!

#58 montoo84

montoo84

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:sexy ladyboys

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

just try spice RESTAURANT ,JUST BEFORE SHOPPING PLAZA ON BEACH ROAD.ITS AMAZING.

#59 montoo84

montoo84

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:sexy ladyboys

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

JUST BEFORE ROYAL SHOPPING

#60 Lost In Loei

Lost In Loei

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Forgot to post the review of Madras Darbar. Nice place decent service.

The food is EXACTLY the same that you get in Madras. Absolutely authentic south Indian food, from the Idly to the rice meals to the sambar and everything is well prepared. The curry was spot on and the byriani was just like home.

Warning, the Europeans may find it a little spicy.

Thank you koykaeng, this place is well recommended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users