Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Here you go bud, at the start of this video. ...the rest is worth watching too B)

Useful information on the Yorkshire Fish`n` Chip shop ( even though I had to endure those two imbecilic bozos for a few minutes). I will definitely try it out next week when I am in town. 

I used to swear by the Jolly Friar for my fish and chips in Pattaya,,,but when I went there last month, it had gone severely down hill. Looks like new management with new staff. I will not be back there! Horrible now.

(By the way....why can no Pattaya vloggers pronounce `Pattaya` correctly?.....makes my blood boil...…..Bastards!!)

Edited by Zoonie the Lazoon

On 10/19/2018 at 5:10 AM, Zoonie the Lazoon said:

Useful information on the Yorkshire Fish`n` Chip shop ( even though I had to endure those two imbecilic bozos for a few minutes). I will definitely try it out next week when I am in town. 

I used to swear by the Jolly Friar for my fish and chips in Pattaya,,,but when I went there last month, it had gone severely down hill. Looks like new management with new staff. I will not be back there! Horrible now.

(By the way....why can no Pattaya vloggers pronounce `Pattaya` correctly?.....makes my blood boil...…..Bastards!!)

yes Zoonie, agreed, The Jolly Friar has gone severely downhill, great shame as it used to be excellent

Tried a few different chippies in Pattaya and to be honest, they are all overpriced and shite compared to a good uk chippie.

As what probably can be said about Indians as well, had a couple of decent ones, but not a patch on the uk.

Edited by IRONicMAN

I have to echo that Jolly Friar has gone downhill. I haven't gone the past few trips. Halibut is no longer on the menu and they seem to be using a lower quality oil that the fish and chips soaks too much up. Don't know where any more good chip shops are at. I haven't tried Fritknot on Soi Lengkee, the Belgian Fries stand.

If you're in Bangkok, try New Zealand Snapper near Soi 4. http://www.snapper-bangkok.com/

They have a variety of fish to choose from and their snapper is very moist and has the right amount of flake. Pricey but well worth it.

Edited by Justin Sane

My current fave is Nicky’s restaurant on Buakow who do an excellent Haddock & chips on Fridays for a reasonably priced 225bt and it’s a big portion served with peas and 2 slices of nice bread.

Cod and Haddock are cold water fish, your most likely to be eating Catfish or "Dory" farmed in the Mekong Delta.

Always been wary of F&C in LOS for that reason.

I'm partial to a plate of chips though :-), just wish they would ditch the posh vinegar bottle (spanish type).

My fave Friday morning treat is smoked haddock with 2 poached eggs...just had it and want to do it again! :rolleyes:

Anyone know where I can get smoked haddock in Patts, cooked or fresh?

More of a smoked kippers on toast  man myself on a Friday morning. The kippers must be generously covered by hot butter being drizzled over them..  Can not beat a shark on a raft for breakfast.  

Petesie you can buy haddock at KPK  foods ( 038 416 470 )  they are located behind bic C supermarket  on pattaya klang. English owned shop run buy an ex butcher ( nice friendly fat bloke ).   

Turn left at lights if coming from the beach road  end into soi yumae. Then take first left ample car parking out side shop. I also recommend his bangers, and meat pies ..

Failing that they also have at siamburys over the darkside ( east pattaya ). Use Google  for directions,  but easy to find. This place also highly recommend for cheese at a sensible price. .  

So many foods from back home can be got here now unlike it was years ago.. No need to go with out those comfort cravings if you get the urge..   

Hope this is of some help ......rgds soidog

PS ......very pleased to say neither shops sell bloody watches.    

On 2/28/2019 at 8:19 PM, Quietguy said:

If you are in Jomtien the best cod & chips I've had was at Hemingways (just by the yellow arch). Beer battered cod, reasonable chips, mushy peas & buttered bread, I think it's 399 Baht.

Jeez they'd want to be top notch at that price tbh.  Double what I'd consider paying. 

Common sense needs to be applied also

If your Fish and Chips costs 99 baht ..you are not eating imported British Cod or Haddock . Neither are you eating Australian Barramundi ...the shop would go broke after 6 months