Terry Tibbs

Forum Search Improvements!

For a while now Invision has been promising us a better search function. Last year the search system was completely overhauled but it is still hit and miss when it comes to providing accurate search results.

We have decided to integrate Google into our search system so users can choose between using the forums native search engine or results that are indexed by Google. Obviously, using the Google site search option won't return results from the Advanced forums.

1 pic.jpg

2 pic.jpg

I know some of you will be pleased to hear that you can also use this option for search two/three letter words!

I've searched for "big hairy ball bags" many times...

nice improvement!

Outstanding work Terry! Seamless, and it works! Thanks for listening to your readers

Improvement.jpg

Edited by roscoe

For a while now Invision has been promising us a better search function. Last year the search system was completely overhauled but it is still hit and miss when it comes to providing accurate search results.

We have decided to integrate Google into our search system so users can choose between using the forums native search engine or results that are indexed by Google. Obviously, using the Google site search option won't return results from the Advanced forums.

I know some of you will be pleased to hear that you can also use this option for search two/three letter words!

The 3-letter search limit is pretty much standard with most forum software. This said, in term of search flexibility and usefulness you shouldn't sell yourself short: this board is head and shoulder over most others out there since on this one a user can do a fast and reliable search at the post, thread and user level. Moreover, the results are displayed in a logical and easy to use manner.

There are many boards out there, on all topics, where most of the content is essentially buried because there is no way to search efficiently for it, and this is not the case here.

M.

Edited by Mohawk

Excellent improvement TT. The search function is much better now.

Many thanks for your hard work.

MM.

The 3-letter search limit is pretty much standard with most forum software. This said, in term of search flexibility and usefulness you shouldn't sell yourself short: this board is head and shoulder over most others out there since on this one a user can do a fast and reliable search at the post, thread and user level. Moreover, the results are displayed in a logical and easy to use manner.

There are many boards out there, on all topics, where most of the content is essentially buried because there is no way to search efficiently for it, and this is not the case here.

M.

I think this is a great improvement Terry (perhaps at least until I get promoted so I can search the advanced forums). It's a good forum, and since there is a lot of material, you need a better search capability