advanced forum search is broken for me.

It returns:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSText::urldecode_furlSafe() in /data/home/island/www.ladyboyspattaya.com/www/admin/applications/core/modules_public/search/search.php on line 532

same for me.

and here all along i thought the problem was my new laptop and this shit windows 7 they made buy with it ...Electric%20Shock.gif

i have also been experiencing problems with what i think is Java related functions.

when i click on my username next to the sign out i get no response some times, yet when i am logged into Thai Visa Forum it works. typically i get the drop down menu to navigate to all my different profile areas.

anyone else having this problem?.

is this a Java related function?

kinda javascript related, it's AJAX, i.e. javascript retrieves content asynchronously and fills it into existing HTML containers once the content has loaded.

Your problem is probably caused by slow internet connection, however I have also witnessed that the component you mention sometimes simply refuses to load, which might be caused by conflicts in javascript function or variable naming and/or HTML container naming on the page.

P.S. saying windows is shit became out of trend, because Win 7 is actually pretty good.

Edited by transgirls

kinda javascript related, it's AJAX, i.e. javascript retrieves content asynchronously and fills it into existing HTML containers once the content has loaded.

Your problem is probably caused by slow internet connection, however I have also witnessed that the component you mention sometimes simply refuses to load, which might be caused by conflicts in javascript function or variable naming and/or HTML container naming on the page.

P.S. saying windows is shit became out of trend, because Win 7 is actually pretty good.

Windows is shit.

If it works sometimes and not others then it would not be a problem with container naming as surely the element id would not change from one page load to the next. More likely a back end problem or request timeout. Easy to check if the ajax request is being made and what the reponse is by using developer console in Safari or Crome or Firebug in Firefox.

Edited by sjsharks

It gives me no results when I search for 'are we gay'. I'll create a new thread in a moment.

• Like 2

as i said before ...

yet when i am logged into Thai Visa Forum it works.

and it worked perfectly every time and that forum is using the same script. so does anyone have a solution for me?

further, i can't search or get the search criteria selector to function either. yet i can on other forums running the same script.

i am running a legit factory installed Windows 7 on a Dell XPS that is 6 weeks old, i really do not think i should be experiencing these kinds of problems.

any suggestions would help and please reply in plain English as i am not so trendy as to know what half of the previous responses meant.

For a long time I was not able to navigate the site at all ... time outs ... pages not fully loading ... links not working. As I was using Firefox, I tried Chrome and Explorer to no avail. Very frustrating indeed. Reinstalled Firefox no good. Thought about a new install of Win7 but did not do so.

Flash Player for YouTube was not working either and would lock up Firefox. I uninstalled Flash Player and reinstalled it. Now everything is working fine. I am not as PC smart as you guys but WTF, or was it coincidence.

i hope someone can help me ...

the search function will not process, before it would bt would not return a search. now it won;t do a thing.

further, i can not select where i wish to search.

and, i can not get multi-quote, or quote to function.

and i can not post in quick reply ant the bottom of the page, i must use the Reply to this Topic function at the top of this page.

i also cannot load pictures properly. i use the browse for images function, i can select the images form my HDD, i click on open, and it appears to do nothing. yet when i submit the post the pictures appear as attachments, but i had no idea they were attached. i can then go in and edit them and place them where i wish within the post.

the drop down menu next to the sign-out button does drop down now but it won;t hide and stays open.

i have no idea of knowing if it is the site or my laptop.

any assistance would be appreciated, i am dazed and confused, and quite frustrated by all of this.

please keep in mind as i have mentioned numerous times above, when i log onto Thai Visa forum it all works fine.

i hope someone can help me ...

the search function will not process, before it would bt would not return a search. now it won;t do a thing.

further, i can not select where i wish to search.

and, i can not get multi-quote, or quote to function.

and i can not post in quick reply ant the bottom of the page, i must use the Reply to this Topic function at the top of this page.

i also cannot load pictures properly. i use the browse for images function, i can select the images form my HDD, i click on open, and it appears to do nothing. yet when i submit the post the pictures appear as attachments, but i had no idea they were attached. i can then go in and edit them and place them where i wish within the post.

the drop down menu next to the sign-out button does drop down now but it won;t hide and stays open.

i have no idea of knowing if it is the site or my laptop.

any assistance would be appreciated, i am dazed and confused, and quite frustrated by all of this.

please keep in mind as i have mentioned numerous times above, when i log onto Thai Visa forum it all works fine.

that's quite puzzling - many of the issues you report seem to be javascript-related, yet the upload is a flash component.

I would try the following:

- make sure your browser is set to execute javascript and that your antivirus or other protection software is not blocking javascript

- update the flash player

- update the browser

thanks for the help, but everything is up to date, and all that is needed to not be blocked is not.

as i have mentioned in every post, i can get all functions to perform on the Thai Visa forum and they use the very same script for that board, so why would the settings be different for this board?

Bkkldby. What browser are you using?

Bkkldby. What browser are you using?

i typically use Firefox, and for all the time i have been a memebr that is what i have used for posting, etc. i did not start to experience these problems until just a day or so ago.

i am now in IE and everything seems fine. this confuses me as i keep saying i can navigate all the other forums using this script, but not this one since the problems with search arose.

i just used the quote function and i am now in quick reply and i will assume when i click post it will.

edit: yes it posted and it works fine. so what is the bug with FF and this particular site?

so why is it so moody, for lack of a better term?

Edited by bkkldby

Could be a recent Firefox upgrade. I usually get problems with Firefox and some websites. So I don't allow it to upgrade anymore. Try rolling it back to a previous version.

thanks for the help, but everything is up to date, and all that is needed to not be blocked is not.

as i have mentioned in every post, i can get all functions to perform on the Thai Visa forum and they use the very same script for that board, so why would the settings be different for this board?

What does firefox say about it's version?

top left "firefox" -> help -> about Firefox

I get 14.0.1 "firefox is up to date"

And under Firefox -> add-ons -> plugins -> Shockwave Flash?

I have 11.3.300.270

Do you have any protection plugins installed?

Could be a recent Firefox upgrade. I usually get problems with Firefox and some websites. So I don't allow it to upgrade anymore. Try rolling it back to a previous version.

i have had similar problems vefore and i too for a long time had my FF rolled back to version 3.somehting, but problems arose again after awhile and i also want to be able to take advantage of certain add-ons, so i am now curent with FF.

What does firefox say about it's version?

top left "firefox" -> help -> about Firefox

I get 14.0.1 "firefox is up to date"

And under Firefox -> add-ons -> plugins -> Shockwave Flash?

I have 11.3.300.270

Do you have any protection plugins installed?

again,,,,,,,,,, i say, thanks, but everything is up-to-date i chcecked all that a few times. no protection plugins.

i had o problems unitl when it was announced about the search function dis-function, and now that is supposed to be fixed, but i am still sitting here with all of these problems.

i am now replyng from IE, a browser i try not to use.

i have the latest flash, i checked it already, and the test i just did says the same result. up to date.

i know you are all trying to help,but please understand that i am up to date and have been current all along. i checked that stuff when i first had this problem develop. that has never been the issue.

the last post was FF, now i am in IE because the screenshot of the test would not attach in FF.

now it does here in IE.

so what is the problem?

i will repeat again, i do not experience any of these malfunctions on the Thai Visa FOrum and they use the same script.

please respond to this last bit if you can. why would FF work on Thai Visa and not this board?

i am actualyy usiing 14.01

www.rcrt.co.uk screen capture 2012-8-12-19-40-26.jpg

Have you tried a different Firewall? Also are you using 2 Firewalls ... ur modem Firewall may be on as well as ur software firewall ... conflict between the two.

I am not experiencing a problem with any site other than this one. The problems have persisted for about one week - since after the outage.

- One of my three machines is taking a long time - cycling for up to 20 seconds when loading data.

- Frequently, I need to reload the page a number of times to get any action from a button.

- When typing in the reply to this topic box the text is displayed in a middle grey colour.

- After a number of page reloads the text is displayed black, but the button will not work.

- Eventually the small green graphic appears on the top centre of the screen - with the three small boxes - and the post gets posted in line.

- Curiously, the edit button always works first time and the edited post, posts first time too.

Despite this, I have still managed to get up the nose of one person this week. Anyone know if this is connected to BKKLDY'S snag? I am running Firefox's latest version and Windows 7. There are no viruses or such on the machine and otherwise it is in perfect working order.

V.

Edited by Vic Flange