After repeatedly seeing posts by people irritated by some of the forum's resident flamers and trollers, I had an idea regarding the ignore function.

Wouldn't it be great if:

- the small forum infobox displayed on the left of every post would display something like "ignored by X members", where X is the number of members that have put him on ignore

- the ignored member also loses access to any posts made by the member putting him on ignore

- ignore carries over in quoted messages, i.e. no message is shown if someone else quotes the ignored member, and reciprocally own posts are not shown to the ignored member

maybe IPB has a module for this?

Good idea. I like the points two and three, but I don't think the forum software is capable to do that.

Point one is a breach of privacy IMHO.

O.

Good idea. I like the points two and three, but I don't think the forum software is capable to do that.

O.

point one? privacy?

no personal information is disclosed... the "ignore" setting belongs to the other members, 555 !!

O.

breach of privacy? Ehmmm let me see...

I have been ignored by 100 people (fiction example, hopefully) and this appears aside my nick.

Wow...how bad it is Mr Scottiem1954 gets this public whipping?... Will this diminish my status in the real world community?

I don't think so unless I have made my people aware of who is scottiem1954

Will this undermine my status in the LB lover circle, the few who know,mix they know, who I am? Those who know might already have set me aside and spoke bad about me as it is clear I am no nice guy....

Last scenario: I take who to court (which court?) claiming dsmages and compensation as my nick (and that only) is associate to 100 ignores...

More a case for a psychiatric clinic than a court for breach of privacy.

Edited by Scottiem1954
  • Like 1

Funny, but i was thinking the same thing as the OP. But the list if how many times a bm has been ignored may help that particular bm pull their head in, i don't see the benefit in making the knowledge available to others. Whats to gain ? What if they have been ignored by another fuckwit ? Points 2 and 3 are excellent though.

Perhaps said "Ignorers" could stop off at the 7/11 on the way home and buy a big box of tissues and a fluffy toy.

Then go home and cry their Good Selves to sleep instead of logging on to the Forum and risking 

seeing...

God Forbid!

Something they didn't like.

Don't worry, Precious's, tomorrow's a Bran Nue Dae!

Edited by Thaiman12

Can you 'ignore' posters on this forum? How do you do it?

I can only see 'Ignore this topic'.

Edited by Quietguy

Perhaps said "Ignorers" could stop off at the 7/11 on the way home and buy a big box of tissues and a fluffy toy.

Then go home and cry their Good Selves to sleep instead of logging on to the Forum and risking 

seeing...

God Forbid!

i'm gonna ignore tm12 !....... :)

• Like 1

seeing...

God Forbid!

First one I'm going to use it on.

Good to know.

It works.  The troll's posts are gone.

Thanks.

Works... kind of. They can still read all of your posts and comment them but you just don't see it. :mellow:

You've been assraped and you don't even know it.  <_>

You can ignore someone but when they are quoted you still see their posts. And that is worse. Way worse. Way way worse.

• Thanks 1

Giving this a bump because I'm looking but can't find the Ignore function. Supposed to be on our profile page, but can't see it anywhere. Help. I think I need idiot-proof directions! Please type answers slowly because I don't read fast :).

1 hour ago, Jimmy_Lovepants said:

Giving this a bump because I'm looking but can't find the Ignore function. Supposed to be on our profile page, but can't see it anywhere. Help. I think I need idiot-proof directions! Please type answers slowly because I don't read fast :).

Afternoon Jimmy 

Just hover over the horrible person's name / avatar on the left ..like thus ..at the bottom of the graphic you will find inbetween Message and Find Content  .." Ignore User "

There you can deal with the offending BM and never view their drivel ever again..a bad day for Frankdrebin I suspect :D

IMG_20210506_171729.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jaguar said:

Afternoon Jimmy 

Just hover over the horrible person's name / avatar on the left ..like thus ..at the bottom of the graphic you will find inbetween Message and Find Content  .." Ignore User "

There you can deal with the offending BM and never view their drivel ever again..a bad day for Frankdrebin I suspect :D

IMG_20210506_171729.jpg

Thanks Jags.. 

No it's not Frank. I couldn't get along in forum life without Frank! I know he speaks highly of me too :rolleyes:.

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2021 at 8:17 PM, spooky60 said:

Is this possible to do on a phone?. Due to the reemergence of a certain BM who makes my skin crawl, I am in real need of this function!

Relax Nancy ... like so so many others I have this Forum on ignore.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cd

8 minutes ago, LWFM said:

Relax Nancy ... like so so many others I have this Forum on ignore.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.kym-cd

Who said that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Forum is full of sensitive snowflakes. Just read the posts and move on, or engage the poster and give them some shit. Fan the flames a bit, nothing much else to do until things return to normal.

Last I checked, this is just the internet and the Matrix was a sci-fi movie. It's not real.

• Like 2