Kwickie

Okay, I'm being dense.

Rate this topic

I've read quite a few threads here, but I'm seeing conflicting information since many threads are old. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a U.S. citizen, in case that matters.

Let's say I want to stay in Thailand on Tourist visas for a few years. (For this discussion, let's assume I don't qualify for a retirement visa).

I know I can get the 90 day (60+30) tourist visa here in the States before I arrive. So I do my 60 days, go to Jontien, get the 30 day extension.

Then what? How do I get another 90 days? I've read that the Cambodian runs by van are only for 30 days and only 2 per year. Is there a limit? Is there a limit to the 90 day visas?

I have the money to live on, so how do I stay a long time? (Years)

Thanks

I've read quite a few threads here, but I'm seeing conflicting information since many threads are old. Any help would be appreciated.

Let's say I want to stay in Thailand on Tourist visas for a few years. (For this discussion, let's assume I don't qualify for a retirement visa).

I know I can get the 90 day (60+30) tourist visa here in the States before I arrive. So I do my 60 days, go to Jontien, get the 30 day extension.

Then what? How do I get another 90 days? I've read that the Cambodian runs by van are only for 30 days and only 2 per year. Is there a limit? Is there a limit to the 90 day visas?

Thanks

Quick TL:DR answer: you don't. Over 50 get a permission to stay and renew annually. Under 50 tough darts other than the super card.

I think if the Guy doesn't qualify for a Retirement visa, then he certainly doesn't qualify for the Elite F*ckety F*ck Visa.

:)

I like Kuala Lumpur.

Given that if you want to do back to back visa runs, legit, they are convenient.

You can do as many visa runs as you like, but they should strictly be through an airport.

I had a shite time in Singapore, where they wanted to see a return flight out of LOS at 60 days before approving the application.

Thus you walk away from the flight or change it after going to Jomtien for the extension.

Thai embassy in K.L. recommends booking a flight AFTER your visa is issued.

Idea being that now you have a visa you can book the next flight out when you are back in country.

Thus, Thai Immigration will let you in, given you have the visa already and Jomtien is well known as a formality for the extension.

No associated costs with changing flights.

Edited by Thaiman12

Thanks, guys.

FYI: I'm 56.

So what's everyone doing visa runs for?

I've got a B (Business visa), but because i don't have all the qualifying paperwork to register every 90 days, i still fly out and back to KL, which resets the 90 days.

Ed visas are a bit dodgy these days - they're checking up more and more on these.

You're 56, so your best option is the Retirement visa, which will only require you to register every 90 days at your local Immigration Office - read the requirements from your nearest Thai Embassy website.

The Elite Visa is a good option if you've got the cash. Far less hoops to jump through.

NB: Thailand will only allow you to use Tourist Visas for 6 months in any calendar year. And then you barred for 6 months. Not an option if you want to stay here for any length of time.

I think if the Guy doesn't qualify for a Retirement visa, then he certainly doesn't qualify for the Elite F*ckety F*ck Visa.

I like Kuala Lumpur.

Given that if you want to do back to back visa runs, legit, they are convenient.

You can do as many visa runs as you like, but they should strictly be through an airport.

I had a shite time in Singapore, where they wanted to see a return flight out of LOS at 60 days before approving the application.

Thus you walk away from the flight or change it after going to Jomtien for the extension.

Thai embassy in K.L. recommends booking a flight AFTER your visa is issued.

Idea being that now you have a visa you can book the next flight out when you are back in country.

Thus, Thai Immigration will let you in, given you have the visa already and Jomtien is well known as a formality for the extension.

No associated costs with changing flights.

What? 

If you are under 50 you can not qualify for a long stay Elite visa yes?

Elite covers under 50.

In any case. he says he has the money. If he does not want to visa runs Elite is an option even at age 56.

He can do the 5 year one. They added new plans last year so many options. 

What am I missing?

There is no retirement visa, just long stay visa. Semantics yes but you of all people should know this. 

Edited by skippy123

What? 

If you are under 50 you can not qualify for a long stay Elite visa yes?

Elite covers under 50.

In any case. he says he has the money. If he does not want to visa runs Elite is an option even at age 56.

He can do the 5 year one. They added new plans last year so many options. 

What am I missing?

There is no retirement visa, just long stay visa. Semantics yes but you of all people should know this. 

No, My Good Friend.

He says he has the money to live on.

He also says "For this discussion, lets assume I don't qualify for a retirement visa".

No, My Good Friend.

He says he has the money to live on.

He also says "For this discussion, lets assume I don't qualify for a retirement visa".

A "retirement" Visa requires you need to be 50.

Elite does not.

Read the original post which is what I was replying to.

The gentleman added after the fact he was 56.  

Edited by skippy123

A "retirement" Visa requires you need to be 50.

Elite does not.

Read the original post which is what I was replying to.

The gentleman added after the fact he was 56.  

Yes, of course.

The Guy is 56, which indicates that he is able to qualify for the retirement visa, given he is over fifty. BY AGE ALONE.

One would then assume, by his statement, that he is unable to  qualify financially?

The only mention of the "Elite" visa has been made by your good selves.

Yes, of course.

The Guy is 56, which indicates that he is able to qualify for the retirement visa, given he is over fifty. BY AGE ALONE.

One would then assume, by his statement, that he is unable to  qualify financially?

The only mention of the "Elite" visa has been made by your good selves.

You assume a lot of things.

But do you know or help?

You seem creepy, even to my good self. 

Edited by skippy123

You assume a lot of things.

But do you know or help?

You seem creepy, even to my good self. 

I am quoting my own post to apologize to TM12. 

Everyone should be free here to give advice.

However, the guy asked a question.

Let's help him, not start a thread fuck. 

Edited by skippy123

I am quoting my own post to apologize to TM12. 

Everyone should be free here to give advice.

However, the guy asked a question.

Let's help him, not start a thread fuck. 

What a load of c*ck.

Read the thread. No thread f*ck here. Certainly not from me as I have tabled a viable alternative for an OP who, 

quite obviously wants to reside in LOS on an extended basis, but does not want to commit the funds or does not have them.

Meanwhile, he, it would seem, wants to do it legit.

Getting a bit p*ssed with you apparent Captains of industry.

Is this the best Farang Businessmen can offer in LOS?

Let me humbly suggest that you return to school and re-learn the principles of comprehension?

Failing that, don't come on this thread, abusing Me for offering a viable alternative.

Just because it is outside your realms of said comprehension.

What a load of c*ck.

Read the thread. No thread f*ck here. Certainly not from me as I have tabled a viable alternative for an OP who, 

quite obviously wants to reside in LOS on an extended basis, but does not want to commit the funds or does not have them.

Meanwhile, he, it would seem, wants to do it legit.

Getting a bit p*ssed with you apparent Captains of industry.

Is this the best Farang Businessmen can offer in LOS?

Let me humbly suggest that you return to school and re-learn the principles of comprehension?

Failing that, don't come on this thread, abusing Me for offering a viable alternative.

Just because it is outside your realms of said comprehension.

I was right the first time. 

You don't even know people don't like you. 

Happens often. 

re and table that. 

You assume my education? 

Oh, I forgot to say table this and re that to make myself seem intelligent. 

EDIT: I meant my good self. 

Edited by skippy123

Thanks

My advice would be visa runs. 

Other than that you got to go for a long stay visa.

They are starting to crack down on land crossings and I will assume it will not get better.

If you can fly out and come back I think that's the way to go if money is not an issue

EDIT: Also you can go to an agency. No matter what anyone says a legitimate visa is a legitimate visa. 

Edited by skippy123