Sign in to follow this  
annat

Extening visa Chaiyaphum or Khon Kaen

Rate this topic

Posted this in chat suggested I put in this thread

It is my 30 stamp I need to extend

Help please.

I used to extend my visa to 60 days by sending passport plus money order to Thai Embassy in UK.

Am now informed that the system has changed and that you have to go to Hull in person.

That is 300 miles (390km) away and would need an overnight, so getting expensive plus two days driving.

Also no appointments, so could be stick there a long time.

I have extended in Jontiem a few years ago but that was two trips and 8 hours wait

My partner rang the KK Immigration office and they said, as we lived in Chaiyaphum district, we should go there. It 90km to there or 110 to KK

Anybody actually done this and if so what is it like

I am staying 35 days instead of the usual 30  from 13 December to 15 January

Hi annat,

I've never done it but have read about it in case I decide to stay longer than 30 days.

You get the visa exempt stamp in Thailand, nowhere else. This is the 30-day free ride with no visa for certain countries, which the UK is a part of. This is the stamp you get in your passport on entry into Thailand.

My understanding is you can extend 30 days per entry, meaning you can stay up to 60 days on a visa exempt stamp. 

I believe you can get away with this if coming in by land twice a year before they give you a hard time about getting a proper visa, so 120 days.

By air, I do not think there is a published limit on how many times you can do this but I would guess not too many per year. 

I could be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure this is correct so if any other BM's know please correct me.

The cost to extend a visa exempt stamp is 1900 THB I believe.

Edited by skippy123

can't see any problems Annat. I think i read somewhere that you are down in Pattaya at some point in your visit, so rather than mess around going all the way to Khon khen  or wherever, why not just extend in jomtien? it seems you had a problem there some time ago... but they do have a decent reputation there nowadays, only seem to be good reports.

can't see you having a problem, all you need is a weeks extension, showing them your return flight ticket and date should get that okay.

just check closing dates for Immigration offices over the xmas- new year period and try to keep away from going to the office on a monday morning.

you should be in and out in 15 minutes.

Can't they refer you to the Royal Thai Consulate in Cardiff or Liverpool?

I find this odd making you go to Hull, surely if they were getting strict on Visa's it would be a trip to the embassy in London.

Posted this in chat suggested I put in this thread

It is my 30 stamp I need to extend

Help please.

I used to extend my visa to 60 days by sending passport plus money order to Thai Embassy in UK.

Am now informed that the system has changed and that you have to go to Hull in person.

That is 300 miles (390km) away and would need an overnight, so getting expensive plus two days driving.

Also no appointments, so could be stick there a long time.

I have extended in Jontiem a few years ago but that was two trips and 8 hours wait

My partner rang the KK Immigration office and they said, as we lived in Chaiyaphum district, we should go there. It 90km to there or 110 to KK

Anybody actually done this and if so what is it like

I am staying 35 days instead of the usual 30  from 13 December to 15 January

as I tell all BMs, maximize your time when you're visiting here.

IMO don't waste travel time to another city or even half a day, or more, at immigration.

you're only staying 35 days.  next time, keep it simple and stay 29 days, then no worries.

you can pay the daily fine for visa extension but then you get flagged - not good.

or just use one of the reputable visa shops in Patts for them to do if for you.  ten minutes in, ten minutes pickup.  

why risk possibly blowing hours of your day at immigration, traffic, etc? (like I stated, when VISITING, versus LIVING here).

side note - I NEVER go to immigration for 90-day reporting, service from visa shop is 500 baht, get it back the same day.  in BKK it's free for me (PE visa through Thailand Elite).

Edited by bayhill

Annat,

Are you talking about the Visa Exempt Stamp 30 days, extendable for another 30 days (which you can only get in Thailand as far as I know)

or a

Single Entry Tourist Visa 60 days, extendable for another 30 days (which you would get outside of Thailand)